OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
It was a ****** thing to do and deserves a ban.

What I find hilarious is how ****ing quickly RVP got up. If that was a tackle from behind while he went towarda goal he would still be on the ground. Its a joke.

GM17*

It was a ****** thing to do and deserves a ban.

What I find hilarious is how ****ing quickly RVP got up. If that was a tackle from behind while he went towarda goal he would still be on the ground. Its a joke.

Thought he got booted in the back of the head. Would've felt like it. Never considered RVP a diver/embelisher ever. That's Rooney Young and Welbeck

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Hmm, that is messed up, but I can see how Williams could claim it was an accident. RvP overreacted a little bit but he probably did think he had been kicked in the head, not just struck with the ball.

Thought he got booted in the back of the head. Would've felt like it. Never considered RVP a diver/embelisher ever. That's Rooney Young and Welbeck

Ya, van Persie has never been a diver. Not at Arsenal and not now.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006

Well i wasnt pointing the finger at RVP but footballers in general.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I think it’s one of those things. The whistle’s gone, the defender has gone to clear and it’s hit him in the head. I think [it was] probably the right decision from the referee

That's Wayne Rooney.

Find me a single defender in football, at any organized level, that hasn't once cleared the ball within the second after the whistle goes. You just do it, even though you know in the moment the foot hits the ball that it's a bit late. Normally nothing happens, you get perhaps a "hey, take it easy" from the other team and a "Number x, watch out" from the ref. Nobody cares.

If you look at William's eyes and foot, he is not aiming at all at the head. The ball hits the side of the foot and goes in an angle so it hits Van P. If he wants to give him a real headache there he can, but he would never do it and everybody knows that. Except for Sir Alex, of course. "Oh, don't touch my players or I raise my mighty voice to have FA go after you". Haven't seen a single player or coach on his side this time. Because Williams is not a player to do that also. And FA will not touch it, of that I am sure.

"Should be banned" is a big lol.

Last edited:

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
That's why I said the Cosmos are going to have a mostly older fanbase. Plus I'm sure there are some people who never really gravitated toward the MetroStars/Red Bulls cause they were a Jersey team that just 'branded' NY. At least the Cosmos played/will play in NY.

That's me. Never felt attached to the Red Bulls for some reason IDK why but I just dont like em.

GM17*

SAF is the mind game master. I doubt he believes a suspension is necessary

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
It was a great game. You deserved atleast 1 point if not 3

Their record since and including the victory at Wigan has included some really well played football.

Just would love them to be healthy because the results would come. Ben Arfa wouldve had a field day in the open game.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Does Tottenham scoring two quick goals in the second half make you feel any better? It's helping me plenty...

And at least Man City lost, so that's something?

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Annnnnnnd we would get completely outplayed by Stoke.

Thank God the transfer window opens up in less than a week.

I watched that game. Don't even really follow the league and still booed suarez from my couch each time he touched the ball lmao

Your defenders were literally caught daydreaming on the first goal against.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Boo if you're scared of Suarez.

It's funny. Every other club's supporters boo him, but the truth is the majority of those supporters would love him on their team.

He can be a clown, but at the end of the day, he's world class.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Boo if you're scared of Suarez.

It's funny. Every other club's supporters boo him, but the truth is the majority of those supporters would love him on their team.

He can be a clown, but at the end of the day, he's world class.

He's not a clown he's an embarassment...and no I really wouldn't like him on my team at all cause he's a bigger ***** then Rafa Marquez...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad