OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Oh i know the logistics of changing the MLS schedule are why it will probably never change. But more creative people than myself could figure out something.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
That goal will give USA fans a false glimmer of hope that they'll beat Germany today.

They could quite easily beat Germany. Germany is playing a very weak side due to half their team celebrating winning the treble last night. I mean none of Germany's starting 11 are playing I dont think other then Podolski

I mean if you look at whose missing :
Neuer
Lahm
Boetang
Gomez
Reus
Gotze
Ozil
Muller
Kroos
Schweinsteger
Khedira
Hummels

edit : 2-0 Ter Stegen :laugh::laugh:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Well, if the German goalie continues to score goals on himself, my elementary school could beat Germany today! :biglaugh:

I've never seen that happen in my entire life, I dont even...... :huh:

This goalie is actually one of the most promising youth goalies in the world, but that was just awful :laugh:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This goalie is actually one of the most promising youth goalies in the world, but that was just awful :laugh:

That was the soccer equivalent of Marek Zidlicky lightly passing a puck back to Brodeur from the blueline, and Marty whiffing on it. lol

It will make this game more enjoyable to watch though, Germany will have to open it up now.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Maybe, but just barely. Klose isn't what he was 5 years ago and the rest of the team is solid, but nothing special.

Klose is washed up and the only one not seeing it is Loew. As long as Loew favorite buddies Klose, Mertesacker and Podolski have guaranteed starting spots no matter how much they suck at their respective clubs and Loew not knowing how to coach against world-class teams, we will continue to choke in half-finals and finals over and over again. :shakehead

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Podolski has 46 goals, I'm not sure why he gets knocked.

Sometimes the better team loses.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The position of concern for Germany is point striker.

Klose is really getting up there in age for a starting striker on a top 5 international team. Almost unheard of for a 35 year old to start at that position. Gomez... never really seems to be quite good enough by anyone's approximation. Podolski is not a center forward at his best and Reus/Muller are both more withdrawn type forwards.

So if I was Germany I'd be more worried about settling on a striker. Reus/Podolski, Ozil/Goze, Kroos/Bender, these are all great problems.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Klose is really getting up there in age for a starting striker on a top 5 international team. Almost unheard of for a 35 year old to start at that position. Gomez... never really seems to be quite good enough by anyone's approximation. Podolski is not a center forward at his best and Reus/Muller are both more withdrawn type forwards.

So if I was Germany I'd be more worried about settling on a striker. Reus/Podolski, Ozil/Goze, Kroos/Bender, these are all great problems.

In thier 4-2-3-1 I would just do

------Reus------
Gotze-Muller-Ozil

That Max Kruse looked great today. Maybe he could be a potential Striker for them

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It would be great for possession, but not so good for direct play I think. No target forward. If Germany wanted to emulate Spain that would be the way to go.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
It would be great for possession, but not so good for direct play I think. No target forward. If Germany wanted to emulate Spain that would be the way to go.

Well Gomez would be the obvious choice, but he just hasnt put together great performances lately

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart

If Loew wasn't such a total moron he would simply nominate the current Bundesliga top scorer Kießling. But he simply refuses to nominate him...

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I wasnt wondering why he never got a chance. He always is near the top of the scoring in the Bundes

According to former DFB director of sports Robin Dutt, Kießling doesn't fit in the system of the NT. Total bunch of ******** that is since Leverkusen plays a similar system as the NT, but that is the main excuse why he doesn't get nominated.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Still cant believe Fergie and Scholes are gone

Scholes will always be one of my favorite. His vision is outstanding and he will always be one of the best in my biased eyes

:cry::cry:

It hit me just as I was watching this video. Im fairly young and didnt get to watch enough of his earlier days, but man he was special

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Arsene should just stop selling in general. I've finally come around to the "he's senile" school of thought.

He can't be that senile considering they somehow finished in the same position they did last season without Van Persie, which I never would have thought possible since Van Persie was half the team two years ago.

But yeah, I don't get why they sell their best players to league rivals (Nasri to City also). Maybe he was doing Van Persie a favor, but that doesn't explain Nasri, who left on more bitter terms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad