OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 46m
BREAKING NEWS: Real Madrid have signed Gareth Bale for €90m. (François Gallardo; FIFA agent) #Transfers

Well, Bale and Ronaldo will be a nice pair to watch (if Ronaldo stays which I think he will). And I won't even bother getting into this Italy debate, tired of defending them when no one seems to want to believe any other opinion besides that they are all "cheap divers".

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Well, Bale and Ronaldo will be a nice pair to watch (if Ronaldo stays which I think he will). And I won't even bother getting into this Italy debate, tired of defending them when no one seems to want to believe any other opinion besides that they are all "cheap divers".

Yea, well I never said any of that so... :laugh:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Writings on the wall at this point. Kinda sucks to see him go but if Spurs get a solid striker and defender out of this they will be fine

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Writings on the wall at this point. Kinda sucks to see him go but if Spurs get a solid striker and defender out of this they will be fine

90 million for one player can help build alot of other positions. Spend like 20 to get another winger. Then you have 70 to get a striker and defender

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
90 million for one player can help build alot of other positions. Spend like 20 to get another winger. Then you have 70 to get a striker and defender

Well I doubt they spend it all, you can replace Bale with a Nani for say, 15 million.

I like Bale, but he doesn't seem like a la liga player to me. Fit in about the way Podolski would on Barcelona.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Rooting for the USA from here on out. Poland's world cup chances were drastically hit with a draw against Moldova today........

edit: Also

Transfer NOW ‏@Transfer_NOW 6h
Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye has admitted he would welcome a move to Premier League champions Manchester United. #NUFC #MUFC

Would be a fantastic addition to the midfield

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
What do y'all think about tonight? Draw?

I think draw. They don't seem to play well there but the offense is showing glimpses of hope. Ricketts is capable of stealing the show though.

Well I doubt they spend it all, you can replace Bale with a Nani for say, 15 million.

I like Bale, but he doesn't seem like a la liga player to me. Fit in about the way Podolski would on Barcelona.

I don't think he's a La Liga player either but I'm no talent evaluator.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Germans are cheapest for the quality because most aren't friendly to pace abusers, and many Europeans aren't fond of Germans.

They probably should show some gratitude given the Germans are almost single-handedly keeping the Euro afloat.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
They probably should show some gratitude given the Germans are almost single-handedly keeping the Euro afloat.

You're in the wrong topic, broseidon.

And your post is wrong too. I didn't see you senselessly bash the sport for no reason. You might want to edit your post and throw that in there somewhere.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Rooting for the USA from here on out. Poland's world cup chances were drastically hit with a draw against Moldova today........

edit: Also

Transfer NOW ‏@Transfer_NOW 6h
Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye has admitted he would welcome a move to Premier League champions Manchester United. #NUFC #MUFC

Would be a fantastic addition to the midfield

As would just about any player on the planet.

The question probably was, "Would you like to play for Manchester United?" and he said, "Of course."

Becaue who the **** wouldnt? European media is so dumb (and smart) asking those types of questions because the answer is obvious (and they twist it to turn it into a transfer "rumor").

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
As would just about any player on the planet.

The question probably was, "Would you like to play for Manchester United?" and he said, "Of course."

Becaue who the **** wouldnt? European media is so dumb (and smart) asking those types of questions because the answer is obvious (and they twist it to turn it into a transfer "rumor").

You bring up a very good point. Im not saying that he may be moving, however we do need to strengthen the midfield , and he would be a great option

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
The coverage on that free kick to tie the match was terrible...so many holes in the D,,No pace what so ever..Donavan still on his walkabout and probably a shell of he player he was if he does come back. Players hate Klinsman or so its rumored , They will qualify because of the lack of depth in the reigon but they do not look good..I see a 1998 Redux where the finished the group 0-3 in the WC

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I don't think the players hate Klinsmann and Zusi is better than Donovan so **** him. Nothing we can really do about the defense. We just don't have anyone good this generation.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Between Bradley, Dempsey and Altidore, the U.S. is building a solid core of the lineup heading into the next world cup.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
The coverage on that free kick to tie the match was terrible...so many holes in the D,,No pace what so ever..Donavan still on his walkabout and probably a shell of he player he was if he does come back. Players hate Klinsman or so its rumored , They will qualify because of the lack of depth in the reigon but they do not look good..I see a 1998 Redux where the finished the group 0-3 in the WC

The coverage was perfect as the D pulled up making goal scorer was offsides. Not sure what you expect when the refs blow it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad