OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Add Di Maria to the list of players possibly going to Monaco, apparently they're close to completing a deal worth 25m Euros. I wonder how much money they have at their disposal to spend this transfer window.

Edit: And Victor Valdes could go to Monaco as well. Wow

Edit x2: Add Ricardo Carvalho to the mix as well

Last edited:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
That's an interesting group for a tournament. The negotiations for getting that together must have been crazy.

I kind of love how mixed up tournaments like that are only possible in soccer. In what other sport could you get random teams from four countries to play in a tournament?

I actually think the negotiations broke down. They were trying to get a bunch of cup winners together yet somehow teams like Everton, Inter and Valencia made it in. My guess is they just found 7 teams doing a US tour and got them all to participate as opposed to friendlies with US and Mexican clubs.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Add Di Maria to the list of players possibly going to Monaco, apparently they're close to completing a deal worth 25m Euros. I wonder how much money they have at their disposal to spend this transfer window.

Edit: And Victor Valdes could go to Monaco as well. Wow

Old and washed up but add Ricardo Carvalho to the list as well

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Galaxy better not bomb in game 1.

I hear Pablo Aimar might be going to Saudi, USA or China this summer.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
LA will probably get Madrid in the first round. The two teams usually have a summer friendly as LA is one of their feeder programs. 90% sure there's a consolation bracket too

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
45 million for James Rodriguez, a kid ive never heard of before. Guess you pay by the year, that's insane.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
45 million for James Rodriguez, a kid ive never heard of before. Guess you pay by the year, that's insane.

The kid is amazing. Many have called him the next Ronaldo. Personally, Im surprised they got him for soo little. Porto probably could have sold him for more. Earlier in the season reports were Manchester United were willing to give 40 million plus Nani for him

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
so Joao Moutinho was only £15 million? wow. Tottenham were after him last transfer window and the price was around 25-30 million.

Sporting get 25% of his transfer fee I believe as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Epic GIF from Club America's epic comeback

frnXxyM.gif

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Quarterfinals for tournament;

Valencia/Milan
Chelsea/Inter (Indianapolis)
Juventus/Everton (San Fran)
Real Madrid/Galaxy (Phoenix)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Rumour has it the only way Klopp will let Lewandowski go to Bayern is if one of Shaqiri or Mandzukic came back the other way. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing either, but rather Shaqiri just because of his age.

Also, add Ben Arfa to the potential Monaco list.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Looks like it will be A.S. Roma vs MLS All Stars this year. Totti is rumored too be moving to MLS this summer so would be interesting.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
If Monaco wants to spend £20M for Ben Arfa they can have him if Ashley promises to invest it. Otherwise they can keep their dirty hands to themselves. I hate what they are doing.

Anyway, USMNT v Belgium tonight at 8pm on ESPN

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If Monaco wants to spend £20M for Ben Arfa they can have him if Ashley promises to invest it. Otherwise they can keep their dirty hands to themselves. I hate what they are doing.

Anyway, USMNT v Belgium tonight at 8pm on ESPN

I missed the US/Belgium game but saw the results afterwards. Give Belgium a couple more years and they'll be up there with some of the best international teams, a lot of young and promising talent coming out of there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad