HF Habs: Goaltending Prospects/Young Players - Who to Keep Who to Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
i haven't seen enough of him, I wonder if he's too big, but they can let him go back to the OHL as an overager next year and then maybe a year in the ECHL after that so they can take their time with him.

I'd say Primeau was a little better but he did it as a recently turned 18 year old (he turned 18 2 months before the season started) and 19 year old. Dobes at 20 has a little more advantage.

But either way both have been outstanding in the NCAA.

Primeau can play in Laval next year, he signed as a 19 year old so he gets 4 years in the AHL (or if he plays in another 59 NHL games)

Oh thx for the info, thats excellent news!! You made my day, I was certain it was his last one.

Reactions: montreal

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
If Price can’t come back next year then an Allen/Montembault tandem is perfect for the position we’ll be in. See if Montembault can take the next step and then trade Allen if he did. Following year hopefully role Montembault and Primeau assuming they reach potential

Reactions: Eco

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
If you get something better than decent, and Allen wants to move, you take it. Ideally a 2nd or a solid prospect. Allen has given a lot to this team during a tough period, so I think it's only fair to give him some say in his future. And if he wants to stay I'm fine with that.

Goaltending for next season can be sorted out during the summer, next year will likely be a bit more of the same - this team ain't going far.
If Price is done and Allen is traded, we need to find a solid 1A/1B guy to go with Montembeault.
Primeau should, and must, stay with Laval next season!

Eco

Oct 7, 2013
QC
If we traded away Allen and Chairot to a team like Toronto, and got a heafty return, then I'd be over the moon. I like Allen, but the amount of crap Monty has had to put up with and still hang in there, and he's been absolutely solid for the majority of the past couple of months.

I'd love to sign him to a 3 year extension at $1m - $1.4m a year, and then wait to see if Primeau will work out. Monty has become a very serviceable stop gap goalie.

Reactions: Hansman

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Can we put Price on waivers? Or is it against his NMC rights? Even if he comes back after the trade deadline, we can still waive him

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
what were they thinking leaving Montembault in for 7 goals against? arent you supposed to pull the goalie after 4 goals in the 1st period? They gave that game away

Reactions: montreal

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
I like that we have been taking chances on goalies in the later rounds. They're so random that I would use at least one pick every year in rounds 4-7 on a big euro goalie because that seems to be the majority of the good starters right now anyways.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like that we have been taking chances on goalies in the later rounds. They're so random that I would use at least one pick every year in rounds 4-7 on a big euro goalie because that seems to be the majority of the good starters right now anyways.

Euro or American.

Canada has sucked ass at developing goalies for a long time and it hasn't changed, on top of that, you have to make a decision in 2 years. It's not a worthwhile investment on anyone except the obvious cream of the crop.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Who's the better prospect between him and Dichow?

Just looking at a couple videos of Dobes you see immediatly that he's a true prospect. He's big, really agile, fast and very combative. I would be very surprised if he at least doesn't become a #2 in the NHL.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
With the Habs history of getting superstar goalies like no other franchise, I'd put money on them having yet another superstar goalie in the near future. As for what constitutes as near future, that's a different question. I wonder whether theyll go through a period like the one between Dryden and Roy or like the one between Roy and Price. Maybe neither and someone emerges right after Price, whenever that is.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a huge hole in the future of goaltending in general. 2003-2012 might go down as the golden era of goalie prospects

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'd like to see Montembeault given a good number of the remaining games. Monty is 5-5-2 in the MSL era, 6 games with a SV% over 0.920. If Price is healthy we aren't likely to carry 3 goalies, and Allen has the trade value and contract status to get something decent and the best value might very well be at the draft so it we should give Montembeault a few more starts to help him along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad