GM Game #2 by donut, CTG, and JW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Your 2016-17 Vegas Golden Knights! :clap:

:vegas

Vegas Golden Knights

Matt Moulson - Mike Cammalleri (A) - Radim Vrbata
Mathieu Perreault - David Desharnais - Dustin Brown (C)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau - Calle Jarnkrok - Brett Ritchie
William Karlsson - Phillip Danault - Casey Cizikas
Anton Rodin

Dan Girardi (A) - Mark Streit
Ryan Murphy - Derrick Pouliot
Alex Petrovic - Matt Dumba
Joel Edmundson

Jonathan Bernier
Philipp Grubauer
Calvin Pickard

IR: Joffrey Lupul, Darren Helm

Call-up defensemen:

Mirco Mueller
Trevor van Riemsdyk
Griffin Reinhart
Joe Morrow

Jonathan Bernier, a $25 million, 5-year contract.
Radim Vrbata, a $20 million, 4-year deal.
David Desharnais, a $12 million, 4-year deal.
Mark Streit, a two-year $12 million, 2-year deal with a NMC.
Josh Manson traded for Preds' 2017 2nd round pick

web1_copy_nickname-112216-bh-023_7494619.jpg

Note: Owner Bill Foley wants a competitive team from Day 1,
a team that will be in the playoff hunt midseason,
and as GM I've tried to bring him that.
There's a lot of youth on the blueline
but with two veterans to help them.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

I think that might be a little ambitious.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I applaud the way VI conducted the draft even though I don't agree with many of the picks he made. He kept it interesting that's for sure.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:nhl

The draft will be held Monday, December 5th at 7 pm ET.

Please check all picks in the draft order to make sure everything is correct. If there is a mistake, it cannot be changed once the draft is started, so take the time to go into the draft thread and confirm everything is good. The Draft thread is currently up to date.

Rules of the draft:

1) If you plan to attend, please send me a PM. This will allow you to make your selection live, as you will have a 5-minute time limit to do so.

2) If you cannot attend but would like to make your own selection, please send a list to me. From this list, you will get your player selected. I will do the 1st round live. I need someone to volunteer to auto rounds 3 and 4.

***INCLUDE YOUR TEAM NAME IN YOUR LIST! I WILL NOT LOOK YOU UP!***

3) If neither of the first two conditions are met, you will be auto'd. No exceptions whatsoever.

***WHAT WILL AUTO MEAN? It will mean that if you're not around and haven't sent a list for round 1, you'll be auto'd one of the next 5 guys on the auto list. This will be determined by random number generation, and is intended to simulate the independent valuation some teams have over other guys in the draft. The auto list will be taken from the mock draft at www.draftsite.com

4) Round 1 will be live. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds will be auto'd (straight from list, no randomization).

5) Refresh often. I will make one post per selection.

6) Every team has the ability to call one, and one only, 5-minute "timeout" if a trade is being negotiated. The trade must be sent confirmed to myself and donut within the 5 minutes. On the 6th minute, you'll have the balance of your 5 minutes to make a selection. After that, you get auto'd. Again, no exceptions.

7) Once your selection has been auto'd, you will be auto'd for the remainder of the draft. Once again, no exceptions.

Please follow the rules because keeping all 30 teams accounted for and tracked is a lot more work than you may think!

Remember to send lists or RSVP that you will be picking live, and also to verify the draft order for any problems. Once we start, we don't stop!

Due to real life commitments, donut, CTG, and I will not be able to conduct rounds 2-4. I need someone to step up and help out, at this point it doesn't look like we will have anything other than a first round.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida

What's your cap situation?

Also with the 1st pick you could have another player to put in the lineup

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:edmonton

Our 1st will be in play before the draft for a roster forward. We could also consider a prospect.

Benoit Pouliot can be traded for quite cheap.

Still listening to ideas about Jordan Eberle but he is less likely to be traded at this point.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:nhl

The draft will be held Monday, December 5th at 7 pm ET.

Please check all picks in the draft order to make sure everything is correct. If there is a mistake, it cannot be changed once the draft is started, so take the time to go into the draft thread and confirm everything is good. The Draft thread is currently up to date.

Rules of the draft:

1) If you plan to attend, please send me a PM. This will allow you to make your selection live, as you will have a 5-minute time limit to do so.

2) If you cannot attend but would like to make your own selection, please send a list to me. From this list, you will get your player selected. I will do the 1st round live. I need someone to volunteer to auto rounds 3 and 4.

***INCLUDE YOUR TEAM NAME IN YOUR LIST! I WILL NOT LOOK YOU UP!***

3) If neither of the first two conditions are met, you will be auto'd. No exceptions whatsoever.

***WHAT WILL AUTO MEAN? It will mean that if you're not around and haven't sent a list for round 1, you'll be auto'd one of the next 5 guys on the auto list. This will be determined by random number generation, and is intended to simulate the independent valuation some teams have over other guys in the draft. The auto list will be taken from the mock draft at www.draftsite.com

4) Round 1 will be live. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds will be auto'd (straight from list, no randomization).

5) Refresh often. I will make one post per selection.

6) Every team has the ability to call one, and one only, 5-minute "timeout" if a trade is being negotiated. The trade must be sent confirmed to myself and donut within the 5 minutes. On the 6th minute, you'll have the balance of your 5 minutes to make a selection. After that, you get auto'd. Again, no exceptions.

7) Once your selection has been auto'd, you will be auto'd for the remainder of the draft. Once again, no exceptions.

Please follow the rules because keeping all 30 teams accounted for and tracked is a lot more work than you may think!

Remember to send lists or RSVP that you will be picking live, and also to verify the draft order for any problems. Once we start, we don't stop!

Due to real life commitments, donut, CTG, and I will not be able to conduct rounds 2-4. I need someone to step up and help out, at this point it doesn't look like we will have anything other than a first round.

Just noticed my old draft speech being re-used...

*tear*

:yo:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Our 1st will be in play before the draft for a roster forward. We could also consider a prospect.

Benoit Pouliot can be traded for quite cheap.

Still listening to ideas about Jordan Eberle but he is less likely to be traded at this point.

Won't be around for the draft, taking offers until 4PM ET.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Roll call please...

We had quite a lot of inactive GM in game 1 while doing free agency and from what I see right now, it might still be the same...

Last edited:

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I could be wrong but I feel like we are about 10 GMs still around.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised, my time is pretty limited at the moment and it is hard to justify spending two and a half hours on the draft today if only a third of the GM's are around. Not to mention the fact that no one has offered to do even one non-live round meaning that we would only be having a first round this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad