GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My biggest fear is that Quenneville decides to go back to St. Louis. He has been there before. It's not far from the Chicago area. Berube is the interim. They have a similar situation as we do as far as both roster construction, prospects, and deep pockets. We need to move fast on Q.

Reactions: wufuhimself

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
My biggest fear is that Quenneville decides to go back to St. Louis. He has been there before. It's not far from the Chicago area. Berube is the interim. They have a similar situation as we do as far as both roster construction, prospects, and deep pockets. We need to move fast on Q.

We need do nothing. Moving fast will have no impact on his decision.

Q is making $6M through next season, will have multiple suitors, he'd be a fool to take the first offer, he can hold out for the situation he feels is best for him and his family. I'm sure that every GM thinking of a coaching change has contacted him, at least informally, to gauge his interest, including Fletcher.

Fans have an exaggerated opinion of the ability of a FO to shape events, third party actors have their own agendas (Q, free agents, player agents, other GMs).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sometimes doing nothing is the best strategy.
A good general waits for the right moment to strike.

Realistically, Fletcher can't rush things, he needs time to evaluate personnel, if he wants to fire Hakstol, he needs time to vet and choose a replacement.

Some people here have the illusion that top coaches are lined up waiting to grab this job, I think right now, with the spectre of Scott interfering, an organization in chaos, and the team struggling with no starting goalie, most top coaches would look elsewhere.

Reactions: achdumeingute

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
https://www.tsn.ca/parayko-tops-tsn-trade-bait-board-ahead-of-roster-freeze-1.1226273

If Parayko is as available as everyone says, the Flyers should be first in line. If the 1st round pick is the issue, than put the same stipulations St. Louis did with it being top 10 protected this year and without protections next year even though with the Flyers prospect pool, I don’t see the pick needed to be thrown in.

Agreed. I am also good with top 10 protecting the first but if that’s the sticking point or it saves us a prospect I’d let it go as long as they know a new coach is incoming this year. If that happens we should expect playoffs not lottery anyway.

I would say no way to trading frost and Hart.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Agreed. I am also good with top 10 protecting the first but if that’s the sticking point or it saves us a prospect I’d let it go as long as they know a new coach is incoming this year. If that happens we should expect playoffs not lottery anyway.

I would say no way to trading frost and Hart.
It’s a shame Sandstrom is having a bit of an off year. Would have been a pretty decent trade chip for a goalie hungry team. This is also where Hextall’s “patience” and the coaches unwillingness to play young players hurts the Flyers. Having guys up in the NHL would increase there value a lot. How much value would Lindblom have right now if they just kept giving him minutes?

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Sometimes doing nothing is the best strategy.
A good general waits for the right moment to strike.

Realistically, Fletcher can't rush things, he needs time to evaluate personnel, if he wants to fire Hakstol, he needs time to vet and choose a replacement.

Some people here have the illusion that top coaches are lined up waiting to grab this job, I think right now, with the spectre of Scott interfering, an organization in chaos, and the team struggling with no starting goalie, most top coaches would look elsewhere.

You don’t think they’ve done close to nothing over the past 4+ years?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Rebuilding teams trade away older assets to obtain younger assets.
That's what Hextall did, he just didn't announce it, which was probably a mistake.
If fans understood this team was rebuilding, they'd be more patient.
Instead, the illusion of being competitive raised expectations.

Young players struggle and go up and down, Edmonton got impatient with Hall, Washington didn't want to wait for Forsberg, Carolina wanted to win now and traded Lindholm.

Lindholm is a good object lesson for those impatient with growing pains, #5 pick:
Full-time starter at 20 -
20: 24 ES points
21: 23 ES points
22: 27 ES points
23: 42 ES points
24: on a 50 point pace

Flyers have a lot of players who are 2-4 years away from their peaks (players usually peak from 22-24 years old).
Each year the team will get deeper and more talented.
This doesn't mean do nothing, rather, do nothing that will screw up this progression.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I do know one thing for certain -

Whatever course the Flyers decide to take - it will not work out in the end.

No matter what they do it ends in disaster

Lindros
Forsberg becomes Peter Footsburg after signing with the Flyers
Richards and Carter supposedly turn into drunks
Hextall has a good plan but for whatever reason it ends.

Beezer over Cujo
Pronger gets an eye injury
list goes on and on
Pelle dies

Hextall's gets groin injuries

Organization is cursed.

Probably better off it they relocate and we get an expansion franchise in 6 yrs.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t know. We are not looking hot now but we have a lot going for us including goaltending in the future. The blues are looking to sell their stars right now. I bet we can pay him more too.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It’s a shame Sandstrom is having a bit of an off year. Would have been a pretty decent trade chip for a goalie hungry team. This is also where Hextall’s “patience” and the coaches unwillingness to play young players hurts the Flyers. Having guys up in the NHL would increase there value a lot. How much value would Lindblom have right now if they just kept giving him minutes?
Yea for sure. No reason with the right coach that Frost couldn’t develop in the NHL. I think we will see a big sell off and a lot of rookies next year.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt Q cares about the money, he'll make his decision based on other factors.
He can stay home and collect $10M the next year and a half, he doesn't need the job.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t know. We are not looking hot now but we have a lot going for us including goaltending in the future. The blues are looking to sell their stars right now. I bet we can pay him more too.

Blues situation is virtually the same as ours except we are doubling down on our roster and they are bailing.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Blues situation is virtually the same as ours except we are doubling down on our roster and they are bailing.
It’s going to come down to how Quenneville views the young players on each roster and whom he sees as having the brighter future. Or he could look at both situations as a mess and go elsewhere.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

Lindros

Beezer over Cujo
list goes on and on
Pelle dies

Organization is cursed.

Probably better off it they relocate and we get an expansion franchise in 6 yrs.
This is depressing but so true...

I just hate having Holmgren and Clarke in his supposed diminished role in Florida still influencing this team. Reading Holmgren's gratifying comments about how it was a coup for Hakstol to bring in Wilson was also infuriating. He keeps trying to justify Hakstol sticking around.....Holmgren is a dry drunk.....it is clear and obvious.

Reactions: magnumpi

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Lindros

Beezer over Cujo
list goes on and on
Pelle dies

Organization is cursed.

JVR was a fat slob while an aerodynamic Kane wins Cups.
Bryzgalov was the fattest slob.
Schenn was the fat slob instead of the 1C we expected.
Luke Schenn was a taller fat slob
Bob traded because he was stuck in the crack of a fat slob.
Lavi fired for an elephant walk/human centipede of Berube and Hakstol, who are both fat slobs.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
JVR was a fat slob while an aerodynamic Kane wins Cups.
Bryzgalov was the fattest slob.
Schenn was the fat slob instead of the 1C we expected.
Luke Schenn was a taller fat slob
Bob traded because he was stuck in the crack of a fat slob.
Lavi fired for an elephant walk/human centipede of Berube and Hakstol, who are both fat slobs.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad