GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Are the Habs still undersized and lacking grit because I haven't followed them much this season? Maybe they are looking at Simmonds. Simmonds/Gudas/Hagg/Voracek seem to be the Flyers with some value that the Flyers could be looking to move though I'd rather Voracek stay. No way the Flyers trade Giroux.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Not Weber. Please, not Weber.

it's not webber i'll be surprised if it is because they need him back, so trading him for giroux doesnt make sense, it will probably be a defensive prospect and maybe a first round pick. we need defensemen.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Not even sure if we could get dozens to turn out for a Cup parade.

Has there been a Coach/Player duo that has caused more damage to a teams fanbase than Hakstol/MacDonald?

Like, in history?
Lecavalier and Berube weren't as bad...

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not even sure if we could get dozens to turn out for a Cup parade.

Has there been a Coach/Player duo that has caused more damage to a teams fanbase than Hakstol/MacDonald?

Like, in history?
Hextall did a great job clearing cap space and adding prospects but he killed the fan base in the process. You have to have something to sell your fans and this team has nothing at this point. Simply throwing the fans a bone and getting rid of Hakstol and MacDonald would have done so much but here we are. I wonder what the ratings will look like at the end of the year.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
We need do nothing. Moving fast will have no impact on his decision.

Q is making $6M through next season, will have multiple suitors, he'd be a fool to take the first offer, he can hold out for the situation he feels is best for him and his family. I'm sure that every GM thinking of a coaching change has contacted him, at least informally, to gauge his interest, including Fletcher.

Fans have an exaggerated opinion of the ability of a FO to shape events, third party actors have their own agendas (Q, free agents, player agents, other GMs).
Wait, how much is Q making?

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
montreal needs a center and it could be giroux because of the habs always wanting giroux, i know he has no movement clause but given how the team is playing and montreal is playing better plus his hometown connection, it's possible he'll want to go there. dont flame me for that, it's just a guess.
isn't he from the ottowa area...not mtl.

Reactions: Tripod

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Hextall did a great job clearing cap space and adding prospects but he killed the fan base in the process. You have to have something to sell your fans and this team has nothing at this point. Simply throwing the fans a bone and getting rid of Hakstol and MacDonald would have done so much but here we are. I wonder what the ratings will look like at the end of the year.
meh...the fanbase is a bunch of petulant spoiled babies.

If you didn't have low expectations for this going in...I don't know what you were thinking.

I do agree that the coach/coaches should have been fired though.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Are the Habs still undersized and lacking grit because I haven't followed them much this season? Maybe they are looking at Simmonds. Simmonds/Gudas/Hagg/Voracek seem to be the Flyers with some value that the Flyers could be looking to move though I'd rather Voracek stay. No way the Flyers trade Giroux.
Actually, it probably is Simmonds. Montreal didn’t strike me as a team that might take on a rental, so I wasn’t thinking about him, but they really do lack a big front of the net presence on the PP. Simmonds in front with Weber at the point makes a ton of sense for the Habs.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
meh...the fanbase is a bunch of petulant spoiled babies.

If you didn't have low expectations for this going in...I don't know what you were thinking.

I do agree that the coach/coaches should have been fired though.
It’s not about winning, it’s about entertaining. Sports are suppose to be entertainment. Young dynamic players are entertaining. A fast aggressive system is entertaining. Grinding out games to get to overtime with a bunch of tired vets is not.

There is nothing entertaining about this team so I see no fault in the fans bailing. There is plenty of other things to do with time and money.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It’s not about winning, it’s about entertaining. Sports are suppose to be entertainment. Young dynamic players are entertaining. A fast aggressive system is entertaining. Grinding out games to get to overtime with a bunch of tired vets is not.

There is nothing entertaining about this team so I see no fault in the fans bailing. There is plenty of other things to do with time and money.

Bingo. Life's too short.

Reactions: tucson83 and Tripod

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
what would you want back for giroux?
something like 5 ottowa firsts (top5)...not 5 washington firsts (low firsts).

G is by all accounts a great captain. The young guys talk about how he pranks them...he gives everything every shift, and he's savy enough to deal with the media effectively (see Mike Richards for example of what not to do).

And on top of that....he's one of the highest point scorers this decade..and still producing.

As long as he isn't complaining, he's the type to keep through the rebuild.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

sports is a business with really both things as a priority...winning and entertaining (only because it earns revenue).

I agree...in that I would have tried to change up the team with a different look.

I'm vehemently opposed to hindering player development (fair argument if you believe that's being mishandled, I don't know well enough to criticize) and or chances for the 2021 team.

As a fan...I gave up on this year 2 years ago when I saw the direction hextall was going, although I do think we should be better than we are.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Habs fans here and The players that we could be interested I think are:

Travis Sanheim
And maybe Wayne Simmonds

What would be the cost ? (And I know that Sanheim price should be high)

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Habs fans here and The players that we could be interested I think are:

Travis Sanheim
And maybe Wayne Simmonds

What would be the cost ? (And I know that Sanheim price should be high)
Sanheim is not available. Simmonds price is something like: a first/b+ NHL ready prospect...or a 2nd and A- not ready for the NHL but pretty good juniors/europe league guy.

Last edited:

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

god, this is type of team we are watching and why they are not making money
giphy.gif

dave scott is too busy doing this while losing his money:
AggressiveLastingIntermediateegret-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad