GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm taking that with a Himalayan Salt Chunk Lamp Thing.

Hakstol came across well in interviews with interesting ideas. The execution of those ideas was, as the French say, a heaping pile of les entrails.

Hextall came across extremely well in interviews and preached a GM asset management style we were all dying for. Unfortunately, he was all talk when it came to other things.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Hextall came across extremely well in interviews and preached a GM asset management style we were all dying for. Unfortunately, he was all talk when it came to other things.
Hextall promised to cook us a gourmet meal while trying to keep us nutritionally sustained on bread and water.....like a prisoner.

Reactions: x DeCruze

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It doesn't make sense for the Flyers to make a big trade for a player with only 1.5 years left, he's not going to move the needle this year, and then he's one year from free agency unless you're going to give a big extension, and in that case, wait until this summer and use the money to sign a free agent.

Hey, you gonna be consistent with yourself and blame Hakstol for young player regression this year? You think he deserves all credit for their performance after all.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who cares about Hakstol, he's dead coach walking.

Thing is, people want to claim last year's turnaround was the star players (who played just as well the first half when the team was struggling, go check the numbers), this year's regression is all on the HC.

The truth is, as I've pointed out before, the HC gets the credit and the blame.
The star players are overrated, they haven't performed in the playoffs under 3 coaches in four seasons.
An interim coach won't solve this team's problems, you'll get a little bounce back, then they'll struggle once again.

Fletcher has to decide what team he wants, make the right deals, then go out and find the right coach for that team he builds.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Who cares about Hakstol

hdG9ljO.gif

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

Thing is, people want to claim last year's turnaround was the star players (who played just as well the first half when the team was struggling, go check the numbers), this year's regression is all on the HC.

The star players are overrated, they haven't performed in the playoffs under 3 coaches in four seasons.
An interim coach won't solve this team's problems, you'll get a little bounce back, then they'll struggle once again.

Fletcher has to decide what team he wants, make the right deals, then go out and find the right coach for that team he builds.

They didn't hire Fletcher to come in and slowly build the team he wants. They brought him in to make things happen quick and turn the season around. You might not agree with that approach, and with each day it is looking less plausible, but the bosses made it very clear that is what they want.

The players have quit on Hakstol. He has no system or structure and is desperately clinging to his favorites to save the day which is making things worse. How do you think G feels seeing Amac back there playing 20 min a night? Its like being a kid and on a good team but you never win because the coach insists on playing his son who sucks way too much. It is deflating.

The lack of structure is putting everyone in a position to fail. No one knows what to do, who to cover, where to go. Good coaches drill their system into their players heads so that they dont even have to think. It becomes muscle memory and they work as a 5 man unit to get it done. The Flyers hesitate every time they touch the puck..and thats where you get turnovers. They freeze when defending, and that is why you get blown coverage. They have no idea what they need to do or what their teammates are gonna do. This is a team game, that is not going to fly.

A new coach who can implement any kind of consistency would be a major upgrade. Even the goalies would benefit from have a clear defensive scheme in front of him. So yes, Hak needs to go. I dont care who replaces him, but he needs to go.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

58b35e04c6b32f0460398887cc8676b6.gif

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You care about Hakstol. You care extremely deeply about the failure you mistakenly believe is one of the greatest coaches the NHL has ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You care about Hakstol. You care extremely deeply about the failure you mistakenly believe is one of the greatest coaches the NHL has ever seen.

Stalking me again, I see.
You really need to get a life.

You constantly repeat these delusions about me, as if following the WH protocol, if you say something false repeatedly, it becomes true.

You still haven't come up with a credible interim coach.
Or do you think Gordon is a NHL caliber coach?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Stalking me again, I see.
You really need to get a life.

You constantly repeat these delusions about me, as if following the WH protocol, if you say something false repeatedly, it becomes true.

You still haven't come up with a credible interim coach.
Or do you think Gordon is a NHL caliber coach?

I love how you pretend Gordon is the only choice. He's the only guy in the org you ever mention taking over.

Why can't you provide a list of coaches who are superior to Hakstol? Prove you aren't a liar. Prove you actually think he's run of the mill.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad