GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
Stalking me again, I see.
You really need to get a life.

You constantly repeat these delusions about me, as if following the WH protocol, if you say something false repeatedly, it becomes true.

You still haven't come up with a credible interim coach.
Or do you think Gordon is a NHL caliber coach?
Quenneville
Sheldon Keefe
Benoit Groulx

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fletcher has been here for 2 weeks and his only moves have been hiring an assistant coach that has been on board with ramping up MacDonald's ice time, hiring an assistant GM that was his AGM already in Minnesota, and sending down Goulbourne for Varone, who is now playing more than Lindblom.

He's f***ing USELESS so far.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't get to do that.
V9Qs.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fletcher has been here for 2 weeks and his only moves have been hiring an assistant coach that has been on board with ramping up MacDonald's ice time, hiring an assistant GM that was his AGM already in Minnesota, and sending down Goulbourne for Varone, who is not playing more than Lindblom.

He's ****ing USELESS so far.

Fire Fletcher

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Fletcher wants to go young, Keefe might be the better choice, if he wants to win now, obviously Q, but Q coming here is far from a slam dunk, whereas I'm sure Keefe would jump at the opportunity.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Seems to me there are a lot of posters on this board more obsessed with Hakstol than deadhead is.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's a difference between wanting him fired and defending him as flawless...

I never defended him as flawless, that's just Beef lying about me, he's wants to replace Sarah as WH spokesman.

I just think a lot of people exaggerate how talented this team has been, and blame the coach because they're emotionally involved with their favorite players and see them through orange tinted glasses.

I think it's been a mediocre team since 2011-12, and has played like one, fluctuating between 84 and 98 points, and going belly up in the playoffs 4 times.

Changing the coach may give you a short-term bounce, but for sustained competition, you need to change the team.

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
I never defended him as flawless, that's just Beef lying about me, he's wants to replace Sarah as WH spokesman.

I just think a lot of people exaggerate how talented this team has been, and blame the coach because they're emotionally involved with their favorite players and see them through orange tinted glasses.

I think it's been a mediocre team since 2011-12, and has played like one, fluctuating between 84 and 98 points, and going belly up in the playoffs 4 times.

Changing the coach may give you a short-term bounce, but for sustained competition, you need to change the team.
Exactly we want to see that short term bounce and who looks good with the new coaching system and who are the odd ones out. Not move the ones that are struggling right now with Hakstol. I'd like to reevaluate the team with a new coach and coaching system in place instead of making panic decisions with Hak's flawed system.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There's a difference between wanting him fired and defending him as flawless...
The Fire Hakstok crowd push their hatred with a rabid fervor; some even insult his family. It seems funny for someone who incessantly rails against Hakstol to criticize someone else for being obsessed with Hakstol. What it really boils down to is just a difference of opinion regarding Hakstol. For the record, I think deadhead is far from the extremist in this scenario. But, ironically, the extreme anti-Hakstol crowd views anything other than an extreme Hakstol hatred as the extreme viewpoint.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If Fletcher wants to go young, Keefe might be the better choice, if he wants to win now, obviously Q, but Q coming here is far from a slam dunk, whereas I'm sure Keefe would jump at the opportunity.

It depends on how much the leafs throw money at Keefe for him to stay. Babcock has 4 more years left after this one which could force him to leave

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's nothing to "evaluate" unless you're thinking of trading the young players like Patrick or Sanheim.
Voracek, JVR, Simmonds, Ghost, Raffl, Weise, Weal, Hagg, Gudas, Laughton are known quantities.
A new coach isn't going to be a revelation.
They may play better in some schemes or roles, but only if it fits what they are.

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
There's nothing to "evaluate" unless you're thinking of trading the young players like Patrick or Sanheim.
Voracek, JVR, Simmonds, Ghost, Raffl, Weise, Weal, Hagg, Gudas, Laughton are known quantities.
A new coach isn't going to be a revelation.
They may play better in some schemes or roles, but only if it fits what they are.
I don't expect to see a revelation but I want to see a coach who can get the best out of all his players on a more consistent basis and a system that benefits what we have right now instead of completely blowing it up. A coach that can help our younger players get more confidence and take the next step. Hak is not the answer to any of the above. He's had his chance, it's time to move on from him.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The team is not perfect... but this should be the best team since 2011-12.

They have a few holes, but with Giroux back at C there is an argument to be made that they are above league average or right at league average in every single forward spot.

Though in an ideal world would have another ~40+ point winger to go with the 4 they already have. Though Lindblom going off the numbers probably would be about that if used more, but still.

Defence is not quite as strong... but still, their underlying defensive stats are fine as a group, and objectively they have 4 top 4 Dmen for the first time in years with Provorov, Ghost, Gudas and Sanheim. Though really they probably have 2x #2s and 2x #4s right now, as opposed to a 1, 2, 3 and 4. But Provorov played like a #1 last year and probably would be this year if not getting silly minutes.

Goalies are ofc an issue, and a massive problem this year.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Fletcher has been here for 2 weeks and his only moves have been hiring an assistant coach that has been on board with ramping up MacDonald's ice time, hiring an assistant GM that was his AGM already in Minnesota, and sending down Goulbourne for Varone, who is now playing more than Lindblom.

He's ****ing USELESS so far.

The GM we actually needed to turn the season around was Homer.

#FireFletcher

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The team is not perfect... but this should be the best team since 2011-12.

They have a few holes, but with Giroux back at C there is an argument to be made that they are above league average or right at league average in every single forward spot.

Though in an ideal world would have another ~40+ point winger to go with the 4 they already have. Though Lindblom going off the numbers probably would be about that if used more, but still.

Defence is not quite as strong... but still, their underlying defensive stats are fine as a group, and objectively they have 4 top 4 Dmen for the first time in years with Provorov, Ghost, Gudas and Sanheim. Though really they probably have 2x #2s and 2x #4s right now, as opposed to a 1, 2, 3 and 4. But Provorov played like a #1 last year and probably would be this year if not getting silly minutes.

Goalies are ofc an issue, and a massive problem this year.

We could use more talent, but just as important, a better mix of talent.

Giroux really should be back at LW, on the road, teams pick on him because we can't put together forwards around him that compensate for his physical limitations on defense.
But we don't have enough center depth.

Lindblom and Patrick should be together, but the only RW who fits them is TK

JVR, Simmonds and Voracek have been moved around but don't fit on any line, if we had a veteran center like Stastny it might be a different story, but we don't, and probably shouldn't be buying one at the TDL this year.

Same on defense, our top 3 defensemen are LH, Gudas plays well with Sanheim but no one else, Hagg is better on the left side, MacDonald is a #6/#7 at this point in his career and is also LH. Imbalanced group.

I think Hextall knew this, and figured between a deal next summer and Myers and Friedman and Morin he could fix the defense, Stolarz, Lyon and Hart the goalies, Frost, Allison/Laczynski and maybe another deal the forwards. But instead of explaining that they might need one step back to take two steps forward, he gave the impression of inertia.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yes, that's true. When pressed extremely hard you finally managed to name one single flaw.

It doesn't change the fact that you scoff at the notion that any coach is superior to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad