GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
By not firing this idiot, management is essentially saying "we're ok with these dog shit on ice preformances coached by this vacuous tool."

If Q is undecided and they prefer to keep Gordon at LHV then try out Knob. Even if he blows, could the team perform any worse? An interim change at least acknowledges they are expecting more from this roster.

Get this beet headed loser out before there are no fans left.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
By not firing this idiot, management is essentially saying "we're ok with these dog **** on ice preformances coached by this vacuous tool."

If Q is undecided and they prefer to keep Gordon at LHV then try out Knob. Even if he blows, could the team perform any worse? An interim change at least acknowledges they are expecting more from this roster.

Get this beet headed loser out before there are no fans left.

Fire Fletcher.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
And the 2nd rounder Bob Clarke said “ate his way out of a pro career.”
51bLW05VOmL.jpg

At least he could fight, unlike Hakstol

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Until we find out who they replace Hakstol with, then the airing of grievances recommences.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, it makes sense, if you're going to fire him, don't subject him to humiliation in front of the home crowd.
Treating people decently seems to be alien to many people on this board.

But last time I checked, Fletcher hasn't raped any boys in the showers, seduced anyone's teenage daughter, dealt drugs in schoolyards, etc.

Having a hockey team quit on you isn't a capital offense.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It'll take two weeks before we see the thread: "fire (interim coach)"

A better question is who is Fletcher going to move out by this summer.
I think a lot of players are going to have new addresses by next year.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Big market, loads of young talent, cap room, ties to Fletcher.

Agreed. I don’t see why anyone would think this wouldn’t be a good spot for him to step in. Potential cornerstone young players in Patrick, Provorov, and Hart. Cap space, deep prospect pool, and even if he is mediocre, he will look like a Genius in comparison to the last buffoon.

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
I know that a prudent thing to do is give Chuck Fletcher a chance, but I am not sold on him at all. Has anyone of us ever looked at Minn. Wild during his tenure and said "Wow, I wish the Flyers were more like them?" I don't buy this "he is respected in the hockey circles" talk since all those guys are old boys and they won't publicly say anything bad about anyone involved in the sport at that level.

Fast forward to couple of weeks ago where he cracking flat jokes during his introduction press conference to referring to the Flyers as a "brand," something doesn't sit right with me about this guy. Flyers roster have been babied ever since Hexy took over, given all the time in the world to "develop." While I don't completely disagree with the said approach, we need someone who's going to put some fear into the players instead of this odd emotionless group of players that have been together way longer than they should have.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
It's a question of when more than a question of if for Hakstol. They're probably just waiting to agree with the coach they want. Q likely won't coach this year, so if that's the guy they want, it might explain why Hak stays so long.

They probably know for a fact that we won't make the playoffs this year. I think we're gonna be sellers at the deadline then very active in the offseason.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Euforic

Dec 1, 2018
The Season has ended now... Playoffs passed. We've all the time for trade an fill n fresh blood and test the lines.....with a new coach...

Trade:
Simmonds, Raffl, Neuvirth, Stolarz perhaps Gudas and some picks...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm always amused when people say make a trade, then exclude almost every player that could bring back value in a trade and just want to ship out the players they don't like - unfortunately, most of the league agrees with them.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad