GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Lehkonen & a 1st?
Imo that's too high. I think they would balk at lehkonen and a 2nd, but that's closer. Lehkonen is too big a piece on their NHL club imo.

Were thr flyers dealing for him...I'm thinking something like Laughton and a first. Although Laughton was a first rounder...he's a borderline 3rd liner after a few years.

I wouldn't do Lindblom and a first for Simmonds for example. If I thought we were going for it...maybe Lindblom and a second (probably not for me)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Imo that's too high. I think they would balk at lehkonen and a 2nd, but that's closer. Lehkonen is too big a piece on their NHL club imo.

Were thr flyers dealing for him...I'm thinking something like Laughton and a first. Although Laughton was a first rounder...he's a borderline 3rd liner after a few years.

I wouldn't do Lindblom and a first for Simmonds for example. If I thought we were going for it...maybe Lindblom and a second (probably not for me)

Lehkonen hasn’t really done that much & was a 55th overall pick. He’s not an A level 23 y/o by any means & pretty much a 3rd liner for the Habs, unless I’m mistaken. They might balk at him plus a first, but I wouldn’t give them Simmonds for less than Lehkonen & a 2nd — & it seems like you could get better than that from another team.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Lehkonen hasn’t really done that much & was a 55th overall pick. He’s not an A level 23 y/o by any means & pretty much a 3rd liner for the Habs, unless I’m mistaken. They might balk at him plus a first, but I wouldn’t give them Simmonds for less than Lehkonen & a 2nd — & it seems like you could get better than that from another team.
we probably could get a better offer.

What I was thinking (and I edited other post) is the A- is a non NHLer. A mid/low recent first doing good in juniors guy.

I wouldn't trade an B level 23 yr old and a high pick for Simmonds if I was MTL.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Firing Hakstol won't solve the roster problems, that's just wishful thinking.
They need more speed both at forward and on defense. And a goalie.

The players in the AHL really aren't quite ready, and while Myers and Friedman will eventually add speed to the defense, Vorobyev isn't going to the forwards, Kase needs to get stronger. So NAK is the only feasible upgrade and he's essentially a 4RW.

I can see Simmonds, Hagg and Gudas on the block for that reason.
Maybe JVR as well.
Weise, Weal and MacDonald (salary retained) are more make me an offer, any offer.
Lehtera is just a matter of waiting out the season.

Ghost and Voracek are "shake up the roster" moves, if they want to add quality pieces they think are better fits (faster RW who can shoot, top four veteran RHD).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Firing Hakstol won't solve the roster problems, that's just wishful thinking.
They need more speed both at forward and on defense. And a goalie.

The players in the AHL really aren't quite ready, and while Myers and Friedman will eventually add speed to the defense, Vorobyev isn't going to the forwards, Kase needs to get stronger. So NAK is the only feasible upgrade and he's essentially a 4RW.

I can see Simmonds, Hagg and Gudas on the block for that reason.
Maybe JVR as well.
Weise, Weal and MacDonald (salary retained) are more make me an offer, any offer.
Lehtera is just a matter of waiting out the season.

Ghost and Voracek are "shake up the roster" moves, if they want to add quality pieces they think are better fits (faster RW who can shoot, top four veteran RHD).

Firing Hakstol and getting a real coach solves a TON of roster problems. Many of this roster's issues are his creation.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Firing Hakstol solves nothing.

Sanheim has improved under Hakstol, he's not going to make a huge jump with the next coach, not until some trades are made to balance the defense.
Lindblom can replace Laughton, but 2 more minutes at ES is not going to make a big difference.
The kids in LHV will still be in LHV, Fletcher has watched them a few times and the only one he promoted was Varone.

A new coach can't play goalie, make Simmonds a better ES player, get Hagg and Gudas to skate faster, etc.

The fundamental problem for this team isn't coaching, or even the talent LEVEL, but the talent FIT.
Too small to be a physical team, too slow for a fast forechecking team, not enough talent for a skill team, etc. Still a group of misfit toys.

Right now the team is in transition, and JVR was a funny addition given how the rest of the roster has been gradually trending to more speed. To play an uptempo forechecking style, which seems to be what Fletcher has hinted at, they need more players like TK and Raffl.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Firing Hakstol solves nothing.

Sanheim has improved under Hakstol, he's not going to make a huge jump with the next coach, not until some trades are made to balance the defense.
Lindblom can replace Laughton, but 2 more minutes at ES is not going to make a big difference.
The kids in LHV will still be in LHV, Fletcher has watched them a few times and the only one he promoted was Varone.

A new coach can't play goalie, make Simmonds a better ES player, get Hagg and Gudas to skate faster, etc.

The fundamental problem for this team isn't coaching, or even the talent LEVEL, but the talent FIT.
Too small to be a physical team, too slow for a fast forechecking team, not enough talent for a skill team, etc. Still a group of misfit toys.

Right now the team is in transition, and JVR was a funny addition given how the rest of the roster has been gradually trending to more speed. To play an uptempo forechecking style, which seems to be what Fletcher has hinted at, they need more players like TK and Raffl.

SOLVES NOTHING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It solves the biggest problem with the team.

What, you think the horrific system and roster management are beyond his control? The terrible player usage? It's ridiculous that you credit him for Sanheim's improvement. Surely, to be logically consistent, you must blame him for the regression of everyone who isn't TK. If he gets credit he gets the fault too.

Let's hear it. Let's see you be consistent.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
https://www.tsn.ca/parayko-tops-tsn-trade-bait-board-ahead-of-roster-freeze-1.1226273

If Parayko is as available as everyone says, the Flyers should be first in line. If the 1st round pick is the issue, than put the same stipulations St. Louis did with it being top 10 protected this year and without protections next year even though with the Flyers prospect pool, I don’t see the pick needed to be thrown in.
If Kapanen is really available I'd be in on him maybe in part of a larger deal that also send Liljegren this way. Not sure what the price or if Liljegren is available but I'd be interested in both.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
SOLVES NOTHING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It solves the biggest problem with the team.

What, you think the horrific system and roster management are beyond his control? The terrible player usage? It's ridiculous that you credit him for Sanheim's improvement. Surely, to be logically consistent, you must blame him for the regression of everyone who isn't TK. If he gets credit he gets the fault too.

Let's hear it. Let's see you be consistent.

Here, try talking to this instead

pexels-photo-1114226.jpeg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hakstol is the scapegoat, the problems go deeper and Fletcher is going to make some moves.

The team isn't going to suddenly change under an interim coach, and he's not going to wait until next December to see how they play under the HC they hire this summer.

The people who think if we just fire Hakstol everything is going to be hunky dory are deluding themselves.
We've gone from Lavi to Berube to Hakstol and the core pretty much is the same.
They've made the playoffs every other year.
They haven't had a good playoff performance since 2010-11.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hakstol is the scapegoat, the problems go deeper and Fletcher is going to make some moves.

The team isn't going to suddenly change under an interim coach, and he's not going to wait until next December to see how they play under the HC they hire this summer.

The people who think if we just fire Hakstol everything is going to be hunky dory are deluding themselves.

The deep problems ARE Hakstol.

I see you failed to be consistent. You love to credit Hakstol if a young guys does well. By your reasoning it's also his fault if they do poorly. Let's hear it. Go on and give him the blame your logic must give him. Let's see you blame him for all the regression, as your own reasoning demands, and then try to claim he isn't the biggest problem.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
I seriously doubt Parayko is legitimately available. Maybe "available" as in they would listen to a ridiculous offer, but makes no sense to shop him. Pietrangelo, maybe. He has 1.5 years left on his deal. The "shake up" deal that people like to talk about rarely happen, and when they do, they're not for 25 year old top pairing RHD.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It doesn't make sense for the Flyers to make a big trade for a player with only 1.5 years left, he's not going to move the needle this year, and then he's one year from free agency unless you're going to give a big extension, and in that case, wait until this summer and use the money to sign a free agent.

Reactions: Flyguy1ca

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

By your logic people should let a cancer linger until there is a full proof drug/cure to eradicate it....

Just stop with the circular reasoning on Hakstol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad