GM Chuck Fletcher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ll raise you one Fat Balloon:
5284-1227537Bk.jpg

Reactions: David St Hubbins

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
And the 2nd rounder Bob Clarke said “ate his way out of a pro career.”
51bLW05VOmL.jpg

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Who was that other player who went on to deliver pizzas after supposedly having a promising career? Then again seeing naked women on occassion who like to youtube/instagram themselves teasing you has its appeal....

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
You don’t think they’ve done close to nothing over the past 4+ years?
I know they haven't done nothing.

In that time our organizational farm went from 30th to top 5. That's a big something.

Had our farm NOT been 30th in 2013/14...we'd be seeing better personnel in the NHL now...

Failures in 2010, 2011, 2012 greatly impact the 2018 roster.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
This is depressing but so true...

I just hate having Holmgren and Clarke in his supposed diminished role in Florida still influencing this team. Reading Holmgren's gratifying comments about how it was a coup for Hakstol to bring in Wilson was also infuriating. He keeps trying to justify Hakstol sticking around.....Holmgren is a dry drunk.....it is clear and obvious.

Holmgren and/or Clarke are the two steady elements in all that has gone wrong over the past 25 seasons.

And Clarke did a terrible job managing that great 80's team.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
JVR was a fat slob while an aerodynamic Kane wins Cups.
Bryzgalov was the fattest slob.
Schenn was the fat slob instead of the 1C we expected.
Luke Schenn was a taller fat slob
Bob traded because he was stuck in the crack of a fat slob.
Lavi fired for an elephant walk/human centipede of Berube and Hakstol, who are both fat slobs.

and thats just the tip of the iceberg

why did Clarke ruin the defensive depth at the 2004 trade deadline?
He traded Therien and I believe Weinrich. Those two were ok guys at that point but they could have actually made the difference against Tampa.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
It’s going to come down to how Quenneville views the young players on each roster and whom he sees as having the brighter future. Or he could look at both situations as a mess and go elsewhere.

who will win the inevitable power struggle between Fletcher/Quennville vs. Holmgren/Clarke/Scott?

Maybe from that standpoint Quennville could be a savior.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Blues situation is virtually the same as ours except we are doubling down on our roster and they are bailing.
That’s what I’m saying. The blues are exploring starting over. The flyers are going to add big pieces and shed dead weight. Not sure what’s best right now but it’s not like they have Hughes yet to build around.

Divisions are pretty different as well. Pens and caps are past their peak. Isles and rangers are rebuilding. Jackets are about to lose two of their top 3 players maybe for nothing. Versus having to deal with Nashville Winnipeg and Colorado for the next decade.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That’s what I’m saying. The blues are exploring starting over. The flyers are going to add big pieces and shed dead weight. Not sure what’s best right now but it’s not like they have Hughes yet to build around.

Divisions are pretty different as well. Pens and caps are past their peak. Isles and rangers are rebuilding. Jackets are about to lose two of their top 3 players maybe for nothing. Versus having to deal with Nashville Winnipeg and Colorado for the next decade.

I'll concede that we appear to be a more attraction destination on the surface. There will be other factors i'm sure.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Inquirer today said Sean Burke (MTL) is following the Flyers on their western road trip. Any guesses on players who could be involved in a Habs-Flyers Deal? Doesn’t seem like a match.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Inquirer today said Sean Burke (MTL) is following the Flyers on their western road trip. Any guesses on players who could be involved in a Habs-Flyers Deal? Doesn’t seem like a match.

montreal needs a center and it could be giroux because of the habs always wanting giroux, i know he has no movement clause but given how the team is playing and montreal is playing better plus his hometown connection, it's possible he'll want to go there. dont flame me for that, it's just a guess.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think Blues are "blowing it up," rather, they may make one of those "shake it up" deals where you trade a quality player for different quality players.

Fletcher might be more inclined to blow it up, given the veterans' inability to deliver - blame the scrubs all you want, but the best players get the lion share of minutes. Lehtera's 7:38 a night probably isn't a difference maker, or whether they play MacDonald or Folin 15 minutes at ES. Sanheim could play 2-3 minutes more a night, but he's not hitting 20+ as long as Ghost QBs PP1 (Ghost 3:33 PP, Sanheim 0:51). Lindblom 10:49 v Laughton 10:38 at LW. And so on.

Question is whether Holmgren and Scott would be willing to write the season off, sell at the TDL, and then buy this summer with the extra cap room and assets. That would be the optimal strategy, and if the FO had brains, they'd say to the fans that they're going to hit the reset button and come out with guns blazing for next season.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
montreal needs a center and it could be giroux because of the habs always wanting giroux, i know he has no movement clause but given how the team is playing and montreal is playing better plus his hometown connection, it's possible he'll want to go there. dont flame me for that, it's just a guess.
Nah.

From the Flyers, candidates would be Hagg, MacDonald, Laughton, Lindblom. Unless it’s a bigger trade, involving Ghost & the Flyers getting Weber (Holmgren alert! Don’t do it!)

Gallagher is one of my favorite players, but he’s going nowhere. I don’t see why they’d trade Petty.
Byron would be a nice add, though. Maybe Andrew Shaw. The latter two would be my guesses.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Nah.

From the Flyers, candidates would be Hagg, MacDonald, Laughton, Lindblom. Unless it’s a bigger trade, involving Ghost & the Flyers getting Weber (Holmgren alert! Don’t do it!)

Gallagher is one of my favorite players, but he’s going nowhere. I don’t see why they’d trade Petty.
Byron would be a nice add, though. Maybe Andrew Shaw. The latter two would be my guesses.
There will be riots in Philly!

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
JVR was a fat slob while an aerodynamic Kane wins Cups.
Bryzgalov was the fattest slob.
Schenn was the fat slob instead of the 1C we expected.
Luke Schenn was a taller fat slob
Bob traded because he was stuck in the crack of a fat slob.
Lavi fired for an elephant walk/human centipede of Berube and Hakstol, who are both fat slobs.
I don’t think Hak is fat. I think he has a fat brain, if that makes sense.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad