GDT: GM#51 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:30

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Gonna head to flames board. Hoping to see a massive melt down there. Don't disapppoint me Calgary

Reactions: SlimCharles

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
It's retool/heart transplant time. Take a page from Boston's book. The replacements won't be much worse than who is traded. At least remove the roadblocks from in front of Amadio, LaDue and get them some experience so we know what they are by next year. Wouldn't be opposed to moving a Toffoli or Pearson in the right deal either just to let guys know they aren't safe. Not sure what the moves would look like but we need some roster turnover--not necessarily on a lack of ability, but on a lack of chemistry. The Muzzin-Martinez pairing is a perfect example of two really talented guys who bring out the worst in each other. We've wasted Martinez's prime on his wrong side because of being afraid to make even a lateral move.
Seriously. How long are they going to wait for LaDue? He's 25 years old already. Amadio is 21. Let the guys play and show what they have. As for Martinez/Muzzin, maybe some desperate team will give us a Taylor Hall like player for them. The Kings core is old and stale. It doesn't work anymore. It hasn't worked for 4 seasons now. How much longer are they going to keep believing it's not the players?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I missed the entire game, but reading most of these posts, it's the coaching again, really?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
If not then trade him too. Of course they won't get back equal value since one quarter is worth more than 5 nickels but if it has to be done then so be it.

Getting that true stud no1 D could take another 10 years to get is the problem. I'm all for a trade to shake things up, move one coreish guy in a lateral trade to shake things up a bit. I'm not sold on a full blow up though

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Getting that true stud no1 D could take another 10 years to get is the problem. I'm all for a trade to shake things up, move one coreish guy in a lateral trade to shake things up a bit. I'm not sold on a full blow up though
I don't want to trade him since he's my favorite player and probably the best d-man the Kings will ever have but if he's not sold on staying then I don't know if you can risk him walking at the end of 2019 for nothing. It has to be decided this summer what they want to do with him. The sooner the trade him the more they get in return.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Does Doughty stay through that though?
Depends on what you get. If you get young scorers or guys who can play with pace that make the game fun for Doughty like it was at the start of the season why not. He'll be paid handsomely and the game will be fun.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Mike smith gives up 3 goals in 6 min in the 3rd and gets pulled. Lose 7-4

That was a good GDT Love seeing the posts when the viewers are seeing the collapse happen... And then when it settles In that they are choke.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Kings lol
3CE2DE8100000578-4194970-Viewers_were_stunned_by_the_historic_comeback_which_was_led_by_T-a-3_1486368803614.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Stevens has proven to be a total fraud and Blake better do something very quickly.

And while it’s absolutely ridiculous how long certain players have been on this roster, waiving Clifford (8th season as a King!!)or trading Lewis isn’t enough. It’s to the point where it’s going to take moving someone seen more as a core player to just show losing isn’t going to be acceptable anymore.

Time for Blake to move atleast one of Toffoli, Pearson, Martinez or Muzzin.

This team needs reconstructive surgery to fix what Lombardi and Sutter did and Luc’s solution was to hire a coach and GM who think it can be fixed with a band-aid.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The Kings have to do what’s best for the franchise long term, not keeping all DD’s buddies around so it increases his chances to sign.

The team has been bad for a 4th straight year with Doughty. Love him as a player but he isn’t Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. You can’t weigh in on what Drew thinks every time you make a personnel decision.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It’s not just coaching and the problems with the roster are so massive that it really doesn’t matter who is behind the bench.

That being said, I don’t believe Stevens is the guy to lead this team once Blake or whoever fixes the disaster left by Lombardi.

We need coaches and players who give us the best chance to win. And it’s time to stop bringing up 2012 and 2014. Ancient history. Ancient!

And Clifford and Andreoff will end up just like King, Fraser, Richards, Nolan and Richardson when they are let go. Either out of the NHL or barely hanging on in places like Buffalo or Phoenix. But they supposedly add so many intangibles!

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad