GDT: GM#51 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:30

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Look at the line up
...and lose 5-0? It didn't matter who was in the lineup if your best players don't show up. This is the coach these players wanted. Sorry, this is on the players. Soon they will have gotten three coaches fired.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Stevens has proven to be a total fraud and Blake better do something very quickly.

And while it’s absolutely ridiculous how long certain players have been on this roster, waiving Clifford (8th season as a King!!)or trading Lewis isn’t enough. It’s to the point where it’s going to take moving someone seen more as a core player to just show losing isn’t going to be acceptable anymore.

Time for Blake to move atleast one of Toffoli, Pearson, Martinez or Muzzin.

This team needs reconstructive surgery to fix what Lombardi and Sutter did and Luc’s solution was to hire a coach and GM who think it can be fixed with a band-aid.
I believe the Kings are still contenders and can maintain their sound defensive play, along with changing the offensive system to score more goals off the rush. Did anyone really buy this line with this roster?

kingsholygrail

1-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I believe the Kings are still contenders and can maintain their sound defensive play, along with changing the offensive system to score more goals off the rush. Did anyone really buy this line with this roster?
HOW? Even when they were winning they were showing very bad habits night in and night out for a team that wants to compete at the highest level.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings have to do what’s best for the franchise long term, not keeping all DD’s buddies around so it increases his chances to sign.

The team has been bad for a 4th straight year with Doughty. Love him as a player but he isn’t Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. You can’t weigh in on what Drew thinks every time you make a personnel decision.
At this point you tell Doughty their is going to be a rebuild around him and it may take several years. If he isn't on board (sign a contract July 1, 2018), he becomes an asset to use to acquire top young players and picks.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
HOW? Even when they were winning they were showing very bad habits night in and night out for a team that wants to compete at the highest level.
C'mon man, you know me better than this. Of course the Kings ARE NOT contenders. They are a black hole team. In the salary capped NHL, you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
...and lose 5-0? It didn't matter who was in the lineup if your best players don't show up. This is the coach these players wanted. Sorry, this is on the players. Soon they will have gotten three coaches fired.

It matters actually

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
it can be both their faults yknow

the players sure as shit didn't show up but they were handicapped to begin with

Reactions: ibleedkings

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I might buy this more if it was a 3-2, or 2-1 loss.

It was a setup for failure.

I don't think the Kings win tonight either way, but hurrying banged up players back to play Nashville at home while they are pumped up about Mike Fisher and Filip Forsberg while also coming off the most complete team effort of the season is a totally unnecessary shakeup at best. Reward for playing well was shaking up what was working, completely reconfiguring the defense, and putting Martinez on his wrong side again, and he got hurt (coincidence, but still). The kids showed us something good? Let's bench them and put in vets rusty from injury against one of the hottest teams in the league.

Like, obviously Drew and Quick and Muzzin were maybe our biggest problems tonight (plenty of blame to go around, just saying what comes to mind) but who knows what effect that had on their mentality and the guys who came in to play in front of their dads didn't do shit except Shore won a ton of faceoffs but I think his dad would rather have seen something more substantial.

Sucked the positive energy right out of the lineup for no real f***ing reason. I really can't recall a coach pulling such a self-destructive, self-sabotaging move EVER but much less for the stupid ass reason given tonight.

It's time to let our prospects shit or get off the pot. They need to be ready and get some experience even if it's just for next year. Play LaDue, Brodzinski, Amadio over AT LEAST Andreoff and Forbort or Gravel. Hell, I'd play Mersch over Andreoff in general at this point :P

Reactions: Fat Elvis

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
You don't change the lineup after that game. We can all agree on that.

Time to realize though that it wasn't some perfect lineup and the code has been cracked: Dallas played like horse shit.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Time to realize though that it wasn't some perfect lineup and the code has been cracked: Dallas played like horse ****.

No, both things are definitely true, not Dallas' best effort, but considering they were one of the best 5v5 teams out there lately, cramming that down their throats was amazing, and it had to be in part at least because of D combinations that worked and could move the puck, Martinez in particular was noticeably better not having to make every damn pass on his backhand, and having some skilled forwards down the lineup kept Dallas honest. Amadio in particular looked better than anyone on the bottom six tonight.

I mean, at the VERY least, if you know the team you're going to play is a killer forechecking team, why put us at the disadvantage? Going from L-R pairings to tonight's pairings was bad. Taking out a puckmover/great skater against nashville is a bad idea on the best of days.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The last game was encouraging. I said I wanted to see a few of those strung together before I got excited.

I'm now less excited than I was before the Dallas game and it's not because of John Stevens.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Is it my imagination, or does the team play better when Kuemper is in net? Maybe give him the majority of starts for the next couple of weeks?

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
LA can’t handle strong forechecking teams.
They will be easy to beat if that isn’t rectified.

My biggest complaint is not playing Kuemper. He seems hot and just got you two good wins in a row.

Quick is just really off right now. Worst stretch I have seen of his.....not just a defense issue.

LaDue should be playing and getting time to round out his game. LA needs his offense and speed. If coaches are too worried about his defense to play him and give him a shot then trade him right fn now.

Over Clifford/AA/and Forbort. Send them off for picks please.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
How is Forbort lumped into the same category as AA and Clifford? He's still a top 4 dman. Flavor of the month Paul LaDue.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Forbort is at best a 5-6. I honestly like Folin and Gravel more. Just my opinion.

LaDue is an offensive dman. An element LA needs. So many are waiting on Clague who is two years out at best and no guarantee either. LaDue can actually skate the puck out. Kings just have a ton of redundancy on D right now.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

Time to realize though that it wasn't some perfect lineup and the code has been cracked: Dallas played like horse ****.

Hard to say since we did not get to see said lineup that probably played one of the best games of the year. Its a fine line between winning an losing.

A goalie that just pitched a shut out, vs a goalie who could not go to the all star game due to injure, All star game was 6 freaking days ago.
Maybe it would not have solved the problem, but it would have freaking nice to see if the Dallas game was a fluke, or if that lineup could remain competitive.

Guess will never know now. Maybe we can test things another way, ice the same horeshit show from last night and see how they do against Yotes, (sans Marty)
we can then find out if it was a Nashville thing, or if it was a lineup thing. Yotes are brutal, think we can all agree on that.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita

I get what you’re saying, but coming off a 3-0 win why would you sit Ladue, Amadio, and Kuemper who had good games in Dallas? Supposedly Stevens wanted to let all the fathers see their Son’s play which tells me he’s not worried about putting out the best lineup.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I get what you’re saying, but coming off a 3-0 win why would you sit Ladue, Amadio, and Kuemper who had good games in Dallas? Supposedly Stevens wanted to let all the fathers see their Son’s play which tells me he’s not worried about putting out the best lineup.

If true I vote to cancel the mother/father trips... I was joking earlier in the thread about making sure all the kids get to participate in front of their fathers.
When I coached little league, I made sure all kids played, good to see the my coaching philosophy has made it to a professional sports league.

Resigning from my current job, and applying to be a coach in a professional league :)

The concerning thing is that the lineup last night was the one he wanted to ice in Dallas, and it was because of the father thing, guys like Ladue got to play:eek:

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
No doubt the lineup should not have been changed. Changing the lineup doesn't give the guys who played a pass. These are professionals, they wanted Sutter out of there. Stevens is the kind of coach they all wanted. You think Sutter would have cared if the Dads got to see their son play in a game during the trip?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If true I vote to cancel the mother/father trips... I was joking earlier in the thread about making sure all the kids get to participate in front of their fathers.
When I coached little league, I made sure all kids played, good to see the my coaching philosophy has made it to a professional sports league.

Resigning from my current job, and applying to be a coach in a professional league :)

The concerning thing is that the lineup last night was the one he wanted to ice in Dallas, and it was because of the father thing, guys like Ladue got to play:eek:
Send your resume to Blake. You may be qualified to coddle this roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad