GDT: GM#51 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:30

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Could be selling? Maybe? But Id like to see the Kings just go with their most offensive forward lineup. Did anyone forget no forward scored in the Dallas game? A lot were calling that the best game of the year? Not really to me. F are meant to score. D are meant to defend. When we start to adhere more to that trend, then.......

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Couldn't shut the Hawks down from Game 5 to 7, and all the 0-2 holes against the Rangers at home didn't help either. Came up with big saves, but they don't win without offense that year.

I don't know why people act like Quick was stellar in 2014. We were scoring a ton, that's how we won.

Quick was truly amazing around 2012. Hes been injured and inconsistent as hell

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Could be selling? Maybe? But Id like to see the Kings just go with their most offensive forward lineup. Did anyone forget no forward scored in the Dallas game? A lot were calling that the best game of the year? Not really to me. F are meant to score. D are meant to defend. When we start to adhere more to that trend, then.......

What is this, 1970?

The first goal was scored by Ladue in the high slot after Kopitar manhandled the entire Dallas team.
The second goal was a PP goal by Doughty, don't see a problem there.
The third one was fluky no doubt but was caused by forward pressure.

The forwards help play defense too, and while the defensive personnel were bad tonight, there were a lot of missed assignments by the forwards too.

It's not a binary game by position.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't know why people act like Quick was stellar in 2014. We were scoring a ton, that's how we won.

Quick was truly amazing around 2012. Hes been injured and inconsistent as hell

He was inconsistent in 2014, but he was stellar when we needed him to be. Bad in the first two vs. Sharks, but over .950 the rest of the series, with remarkable composure. Good vs. the Ducks. VERY up and down vs. the Hawks because that's what they did to him, but people forget he literally had 2 2-on-0s and 1 3-on-0 in the same game as an example of how many breakdowns there were. He made a save on a 3-on-1 that jumpstarted the big comeback. And then of course he was better than Hank in the finals.

He was also the only reason we went deep in 2013, was actually on a better pace than he was in 2012 before we ran into the Hawks' woodchipper.

We get it, you don't like Quick.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You want to guess what Steven is going to say about this game? Lol

Like I said before the game wish the media would give him some hardball questions about his asinine roster and minute management but more than likely just "we weren't in a checking mood blah blah blah" before going out for cupcakes with the dads.

His decisions really drive me crazy. No in game adjustments or management other than shortening the bench. Murdering our best players with insano minutes. here's a hint, if you don't want to play Andreoff, don't put him on the gameday roster. Making sweeping changes after a great top to bottom performance because of warm fuzzies.

Can't blame the team for not sticking up for each other when Stevens is just going to hand them hot cocoa and a pat on the head at the bench.

Reactions: deaderhead28

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
They are truly done if Martinez is out for even three weeks. That's all it will take with this defense.
Well we will see everyone now. Of course they might call up McD or Fanta and stick them in.

Forbort-DD
Muzz-Folin
Gravel-Ladue

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Blake is gonna make a trade 100% if thatst the case.

E5.

And if anyone of you post an Eklund rumor you deserve a punch

IMG_1162.GIF

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He was inconsistent in 2014, but he was stellar when we needed him to be. Bad in the first two vs. Sharks, but over .950 the rest of the series, with remarkable composure. Good vs. the Ducks. VERY up and down vs. the Hawks because that's what they did to him, but people forget he literally had 2 2-on-0s and 1 3-on-0 in the same game as an example of how many breakdowns there were. He made a save on a 3-on-1 that jumpstarted the big comeback. And then of course he was better than Hank in the finals.

He was also the only reason we went deep in 2013, was actually on a better pace than he was in 2012 before we ran into the Hawks' woodchipper.

We get it, you don't like Quick.

Dont lie to me.

One thing the Kings havent changed is how well they make me nap.

Had a great power nap.

Terry Murray era I was pretty much always asleep. He cured insomnia.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. Trade Martinez or Muzzin and hopefully get back a young scoring forward and possibly a draft pick (Winnipeg, maybe?). Makes the defense weaker obviously but it's not as if what they currently have it working. If you can get back a 2nd line 20 goal scorer for Martinez or Muzzin and go out and sign someone like Mike Green for $5 million then you basically replaced the player you lost at a slightly higher price but gained a scorer. Lewis is extremely valuable to the Kings but if someone like Boston wants to give up a couple 2nds for him then why would you not do it? This team isn't contending for a while with this roster. Time to try something new.

Reactions: Reaper45

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. Trade Martinez or Muzzin and hopefully get back a young scoring forward and possibly a draft pick (Winnipeg, maybe?). Makes the defense weaker obviously but it's not as if what they currently have it working. If you can get back a 2nd line 20 goal scorer for Martinez or Muzzin and go out and sign someone like Mike Green for $5 million then you basically replaced the player you lost at a slightly higher price but gained a scorer. Lewis is extremely valuable to the Kings but if someone like Boston wants to give up a couple 2nds for him then why would you not do it? This team isn't contending for a while with this roster. Time to try something new.

It's retool/heart transplant time. Take a page from Boston's book. The replacements won't be much worse than who is traded. At least remove the roadblocks from in front of Amadio, LaDue and get them some experience so we know what they are by next year. Wouldn't be opposed to moving a Toffoli or Pearson in the right deal either just to let guys know they aren't safe. Not sure what the moves would look like but we need some roster turnover--not necessarily on a lack of ability, but on a lack of chemistry. The Muzzin-Martinez pairing is a perfect example of two really talented guys who bring out the worst in each other. We've wasted Martinez's prime on his wrong side because of being afraid to make even a lateral move.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Color me surprised this happened. I turned it off after the first counted goal because the shift taking place was painfully obvious.

Good things will come out of this though, there's no way that LaDue and Amadio don't draw back in right away. Is there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad