Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
it is done

fMQzoFs.jpg

@Doctor No @tarheelhockey

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Same here, I am a Habs fan and was 100% on the Canucks bandwagon in 94 and 2011. Plus, like us, you guys sometimes riot a wee bit after a playoff loss.

Obviously will be cheering for the Habs tonight (or tomorrow morning on this coast) but always had soft spot for the Canucks since the days of king Richard Brodeur and Tiger williams, on to Maclean, Linden, Courtnall, Luongo- sedins even Burrows. A guy who can get under the bruins skin is okay in my book.
As a Vancouverite, I've never been able to laugh about the riots we had, but you got me with this comment. :laugh:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
With the friendly Habs Members visiting here I posted this on their Board. Keeping in mind our mutual dislike of the Bruins & how their fan base supported us in 2011.

The 1st -3rd Panels represent the Canadiens & us. The 4th Panel represents the Bruins
View attachment 386209
I 100% support the Bruins over Montreal all day every day and EVEN on weekends

I dont wanna get anymore INFARCTIONS so wont say what I think about that team

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think we're in for a smackdown tonight.

I mean the last few losses have been demeaning, but it's like we aren't even icing the same team we did for the season openner.

Maybe the crowd will inject some enthusiasm into our guys...oh wait.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Babcock treated and harassed Johan Franzen so badly he had a nervous breakdown. He played head games with Mitch Marner and could have alienated him from his teammates. Lots of former players hate his guts.

I don't want this guy anywhere near our players.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Babcock is very likely essentially blacklisted from the league at this point and Boudreau is 400 years old.

Gallant, sure.
Boudreau is 400 pounds. Bad look behind the bench. Babs is fit as a fiddle. Good look behind the bench. But both are likely done in the National League. Hoping for Gallant myself, but really need to improve our GM too.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Babcock treated and harassed Johan Franzen so badly he had a nervous breakdown. He played head games with Mitch Marner and could have alienated him from his teammates. Lots of former players hate his guts.

I don't want this guy anywhere near our players.
I have been a Canucks fan all my life dating back to the early 70's.

If they were to hire Babcock in any capacity, I would end my fandom that instant.

Hello, Carolina.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks are finding out what 'average' goaltending actually means night after night. Holtby and Demko haven't been that bad. But they're a cut below guys like Markstrom, Price and Hellebucyk.

And with Price between the pipes for the Habs tonight, the Canucks are once again second-fiddle when it comes to the crease. And that's going to happen a lot this year.

Markstrom was voted the team MVP two years running for a reason. He almost single-handedly got the Canucks points, either with lights-out saves in regulation or getting games into OT for at least a loser point. This year there's no cushion.

So unless the Canucks can miraculously pick up their defensive game, it just figures to be a far tougher year.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I have been a Canucks fan all my life dating back to the early 70's.

If they were to hire Babcock in any capacity, I would end my fandom that instant.

Hello, Carolina.
I’m thinking Gallant would make a good coach for us. He was great with the Vegas expansion roster (cast offs from other teams) and other than a few of our top guys Benning has built a team of cast offs. It’s a match!

Reactions: I am toxic

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Canucks are finding out what 'average' goaltending actually means night after night. Holtby and Demko haven't been that bad. But they're a cut below guys like Markstrom, Price and Hellebucyk.

And with Price between the pipes for the Habs tonight, the Canucks are once again second-fiddle when it comes to the crease. And that's going to happen a lot this year.

Markstrom was voted the team MVP two years running for a reason. He almost single-handedly got the Canucks points, either with lights-out saves in regulation or getting games into OT for at least a loser point. This year there's no cushion.

So unless the Canucks can miraculously pick up their defensive game, it just figures to be a far tougher year.
100% this times 10. We are a poor team, so (to win on most nights) our goalie must outplay the other net-minder, and by quite a wide margin.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No.

But I can think that and still hope he succeeds and does well.
No, re-reading some of those Utica posters from last season, you're not alone.

The real mystery is why Benning has been pumping this guy's tires for the past year. Is it a subtle message to the rest of his d-men, or does he really believe this guy is NHL-ready? If it's the latter, that's pretty scary.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Am I the only one that think Chatfield isn’t even close to an NHL player, and putting him instantly in the top 4 is a horrendous mistake?
No you’re not alone in that thinking.
Am I the only one who thought (thinks) we were going to greatly miss Tanev and Marky?
Imagine getting Schmidt and still having Tanev and Marky.
Hughes Tanev
Edler Schmidt
Benn Myers
Juiolevi

And Marky as the anchor.
I guess I’m the only one thinking like this.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

The real mystery is why Benning has been pumping this guy's tires for the past year. Is it a subtle message to the rest of his d-men, or does he really believe this guy is NHL-ready? If it's the latter, that's pretty scary.
It was a message to fans for the last year, that we weren’t resigning Tanev.

Reactions: geebaan

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
No.

But I can think that and still hope he succeeds and does well.

sure, but that’s kind of like throwing a pig out the window and being like “well he could fly and that’s what I’m hoping.”

doesn’t seem like a smart strategy for an NHL team that wants to “improve on what they did last year.”

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

When evaluating defenders, Jim Benning can only look really simplistically at tools and doesn't have a clue how to evaluate hockey sense and overall effectiveness. Guy skates fast. Guy shoots puck hard. Guy makes boards go boom. Guy really tall. Pretty much every defender we've had here falls into one of those categories.

Chatfield skates well and finishes his checks solidly while being absolutely fundamentally unable to transition the puck. In a vacuum, it looks like he's competing really hard with good fundamentals ... because he's constantly showing those fundamentals while being trapped in his own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad