Who to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I’m thinking Gallant would make a good coach for us. He was great with the Vegas expansion roster (cast offs from other teams) and other than a few of our top guys Benning has built a team of cast offs. It’s a match!

Only one major difference. Our cast offs are living like kings and have no reason to work hard. Vegas castoffs were playing for their livelihood.

I'd still like to see Gallant here though

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Really pumped we are platooning our goalies vs going with a clear #1. Almost every Stanley cup winning team does this. I mean Look, it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the popes?

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Really pumped we are platooning our goalies vs going with a clear #1. Almost every Stanley cup winning team does this. I mean Look, it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the popes?
Makes good sense to me too. We should go with two head coaches, and two GMs too! Or, do we already have that with Mr. Aquilini? :huh:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Did not work all of last season/playoffs. Something has got to change here. Bailey, Lockwood, Lind - try something new and don't be afraid to use them. I know they all mostly suck but may as well give someone else a try. Perhaps there'll be a surprise. LOL.
According to Benning it’s a balanced group though. 3 overpaid older guys who are slow as slugs, balanced with three younger guys, not paid nearly as much, who are dumb as rocks. Way to go Jim! That’s balancing your lineup. :thumbu:

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Travis green can’t adjust mid game but I hope he shows he can adjust from game to game.
We need this win big time, boys are lacking confidence rn

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
In a condensed schedule it makes a ton of sense actually. Regardless, goaltending has been fine just not elite like we are used to.

georges laraque said we need to give our heads a shake if he thinks our current goalies are going to bring us to a cup.
The only cup he should have an opinion on is my double double he prepares for me in the morning.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
George is right. Even if goaltending is decent it’s still a massive dropoff from being elite like last year. We need to make that up elsewhere on the roster. Question is where?

Reactions: geebaan

Hooz

Oct 25, 2017
Chatfield in the lineup with Rathbone and Rafferty sitting is just insane to me. Feels like a safe bet to play slightly below replacement level while you have two potential impact players sitting in the stands.

Reactions: geebaan

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
George is right. Even if goaltending is decent it’s still a massive dropoff from being elite like last year. We need to make that up elsewhere on the roster. Question is where?

george is a blowhard clickbait idiot. if marky was so obviously elite and so obviously irreplaceable by the combo of a top goalie prospect and a recent vezina and scf winner then why did he end up in calgary at a fairly pedestrian $6m? why didn't he even get any action outside his own division?

what has actually happened is that the canucks have had a bad start and been beaten badly by marky two straight games, so laraque is riding those current events to give a hot take.

6 years is a long time. we are 4 games into the post marky era with about 450 to go before we know whether we should have signed him

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
When evaluating defenders, Jim Benning can only look really simplistically at tools and doesn't have a clue how to evaluate hockey sense and overall effectiveness. Guy skates fast. Guy shoots puck hard. Guy makes boards go boom. Guy really tall. Pretty much every defender we've had here falls into one of those categories.

Chatfield skates well and finishes his checks solidly while being absolutely fundamentally unable to transition the puck. In a vacuum, it looks like he's competing really hard with good fundamentals ... because he's constantly showing those fundamentals while being trapped in his own zone.

Couldn't agree more.

I think part of the Chatfield hoopla with Benning stems from the reports from Comets GM Johnson. He echoed Benning's opinion on Chatfield all last season. The question is who started it and who is echoing whom.

Reactions: I am toxic

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The Canucks have more guys healthy with the taxi than they are allowed. They can carry 23 +6 and they now have 27 since Miller and Benn are back.

Did someone get injured that I missed besides LTIR Hawryluk?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Neutral zone faceoffs.

That'll bring home a Cup.

Clouts

Jan 20, 2021
georges laraque said we need to give our heads a shake if he thinks our current goalies are going to bring us to a cup.
The only cup he should have an opinion on is my double double he prepares for me in the morning.
Wrong black guy, Brashear is the one working at Tim Hortons. Nice dog whistle though.

Reactions: DarrenX

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
george is a blowhard clickbait idiot. if marky was so obviously elite and so obviously irreplaceable by the combo of a top goalie prospect and a recent vezina and scf winner then why did he end up in calgary at a fairly pedestrian $6m? why didn't he even get any action outside his own division?

what has actually happened is that the canucks have had a bad start and been beaten badly by marky two straight games, so laraque is riding those current events to give a hot take.

6 years is a long time. we are 4 games into the post marky era with about 450 to go before we know whether we should have signed him
Wait and see about waiting and seeing!

Reactions: PM

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

true paying a top 5 goalie the 8th highest salary in a season where people are penny pinching is somehow pedestrian definitely agree w u there krutov

rmb when we gave a 4.5 defenseman the #24th highest aav contract in the league to make the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad