• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
would be a disappointment if we get less than 4 points from the next 3 games

At this point...it's a development year in my eyes. Just want to see the top players perform well and see improvements from Hoglander. Wish we could just sit out the bottom 6 and D trash and see what we have in some of our AHL/prospects.

Reactions: I am toxic

Bigbadhabs33

Jan 19, 2021
I need Peety to get me some points for my fantasy team, I have both McDavid and Petty and both aren't doing what I would expect them to do. Since the habs haven't lost in regulation I expect them to do so tonight

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm actually quite high on him. But I'd like to see him get better defensively.

I was really excited when they said they were going to try him on the PK in camp and he started taking reps there in practice.

Then the regular season began and it's Beagle, Sutter, Roussel et all all over again.

I'd love to see them give more defensive responsibility to guys like Gaudette and Virtanen - make them into better pros.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I guess it shows my limited viewing of Gaudette that I really love his game and a few Canucks fans in here are saying more or loss "meh". When I watched him in college I always thought he would become a top 6 NHL player, was always really high on him. Too bad to hear he's not having as good a career with the Canucks as I thought.
He has some nice goal scoring instincts, he’s just better suited to play wing but instead he’s stuck as a 4C in this lineup

If the Canucks signed someone like Haula, he probably would’ve looked good on his wing.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I was born in Vancouver and still have a lot of family there. Sorry I’m rooting for the bad guys, but Canucks are my #2 and I genuinely hope we get to play one another in the playoffs.
Haven't forgotten Habfans in general were the only ones cheering for us in 2011 (granted it's because we were playing against the Bruins lol).

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Yes, the last few games have been pretty
6627d212d9f235f3365c0c8da6767c72.gif

Missing easy tap ins & other near misses could have changed the momentum of the games
DismalBlueAmericancicada-small.gif

tenor.gif

Just no touch or feel for the game by some
tumblr_o82t4hXLDH1s02vreo1_400.gif

Being physically dominated at times
rp4mu4US7AZt10ERRgM98dMpNv-jglK7Uzfimk2CLhTh6wFPhf1ZUNDCQbuD-IQFpAfV8uBpu4fySO80KGdDbN6o7eZjNfq7geZwwxulGkER66TtCf0

But again, it's early. Still time to develop
tenor.gif
best-teacher-ever

We've been getting good goaltending

tenor.gif

So with some adequate Defence
EFVm.gif

and some lucky bounces
c521ceeb77dd1a51ca4c1eda9fd36608.gif

I think we can turn this around.

Go:nucksGo​

Last edited:

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Did not work all of last season/playoffs. Something has got to change here. Bailey, Lockwood, Lind - try something new and don't be afraid to use them. I know they all mostly suck but may as well give someone else a try. Perhaps there'll be a surprise. LOL.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Chatfield does indeed make his pro debut tonight, best of luck to him. Hope he does well. The organization has certainly shown some faith and confidence in him.
It's a nice thought, but all you can go on are some of the posts from the Utica faithful, who were less than bullish on him as an NHL d-man. In fact with just four assists in 38 games, he was far from being the best d-man on the Comets last season.

I suppose there's a slim chance he might actually be a better d-man in the NHL than was in the American Hockey League. But even an endorsement from Benning hardly gives me much confidence, given his track record at signing and trading for d-men. But good luck to the kid anyway.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If Chatfield does indeed make his pro debut tonight, best of luck to him. Hope he does well. The organization has certainly shown some faith and confidence in him.

Yeah, I'm not exactly confident in the results - to say the least - but he's a guy who's worked very hard as an undrafted overage UFA to get this opportunity. Seems like a character kid and I'm happy for him.

Hopefully he proves me right for thinking he had potential in 2017 and proves me wrong for thinking he simply doesn't have the puck skills to play in the NHL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad