Post-Game Talk: [GM 16] Canucks lose to Bruins | 2-5 | Miller & Dries

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
I watched Myers this entire game,just focused on him.He legitimately can not get the puck out of the end zone,,he is a disaster.
He bobbles the puck,looses board battles,passes the puck away to the other team.He literally should be sent down to the AHL,,or realised from his contract.Oel,should be a 3rd pairing dman,always..
I also feel bad for Bruce,but feel that this is his last road trip with the team..

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Interesting. I appreciate the thoughtful answer.

I don’t agree entirely. However, I have adopted some new thoughts about this team
I’ll tell you what I basically think has happened to get to this place. Aquilini refused at two different points in time(Gillis and Linden both suggested it) to do a proper rebuild, when the natural cycle of NHL life dictated it. Being as they sucked at trying to compete every year, they did have down seasons that bore some fruit, in terms of young quality players. What was left behind to never exist was basically the crucial support network of other players that should’ve been constantly trickling in from the system, to provide an affordable and effective mix of players behind the stars that we know. Instead of cheap, effective labour constantly circulating through the roster, we tried buying it at full veteran prices in UFA. And now, our young stars are getting their full price contracts, so with no depth coming in via the farm, we are going to have to try and surround the supposed stars, who now cost more, with that old familiar full price veteran UFA dreck.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
While I do think Bruce is a decent coach. His resume is hilariously bloated by having Ovie in his prime. Not to mention Green when he was basically a forward on defense. Put him on a less offensive team that can't just force wins and he wouldn't have nearly the same success.
I wonder with Boudreau if he was able to outperform for so long because he was one of the first to embrace the “the best defence is a good offence” mantra, but with most teams employing that type of philosophy now he’s back in with the pack rather than someone who can generate a competitive advantage.

Reactions: Indiana

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I wonder with Boudreau if he was able to outperform for so long because he was one of the first to embrace the “the best defence is a good offence” mantra, but with most teams employing that type of philosophy now he’s back in with the pack rather than someone who can generate a competitive advantage.

Bruce should sit Myers. He's probably got orders to play him because JR wants to trade him at some point. If management are serious about making a statement they'd waive him.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
650 saying there’s no chance of a rebuild.

I’ll just never get why not.
I feel like I'm losing my mind! How can these managers who make millions be ok with the on ice product for the last decade?!

I'm seriously getting to the point of switching franchises because the owner will forever have us in purgatory and I'm not joking!

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Not a time to be precious about any player on this roster. Truly should be no untouchables at this point.

The good young players on this team are too jaded/tainted from the last several years that a full reset may be required.
I would’ve disagreed before and maybe kept Petey/Hughes/Demko but at this point I agree. They deserve a shot to win games and I feel bad for the young ones.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
In the last ten seasons the Nucks have made the playoffs twice. The first time was most of the team Gillis assembled. The next time they got lucky and COVID hit or else they likely don’t make it. In those ten years they’ve had some awful seasons.

Unless they hit jackpot in the draft the next five years they likely don’t make it either.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
In the last ten seasons the Nucks have made the playoffs twice. The first time was most of the team Gillis assembled. The next time they got lucky and COVID hit or else they likely don’t make it. In those ten years they’ve had some awful seasons.

Unless they hit jackpot in the draft the next five years they likely don’t make it either.
Just gotta be patient. Fake rebuilds take 15 years sometimes. Just follow Bennings logic and plan...

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I feel like I'm losing my mind! How can these managers who make millions be ok with the on ice product for the last decade?!

I'm seriously getting to the point of switching franchises because the owner will forever have us in purgatory and I'm not joking!
i don’t blame you for a second. never would. can you imagine the freeing feeling leaving literal slumlording and child abuse behaviour from your owner in the rearview?

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Just gotta be patient. Fake rebuilds take 15 years sometimes. Just follow Bennings logic and plan...

The problem is...when people say "rebuild", they typically mean mining the draft for:

#1C
#1D
#1G

Realistically, the Canucks have drafted all of those, and have a lot of other good pieces around them.

How do you "rebuild" in that situation? When you're contractually locked in to that core?

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
The problem is...when people say "rebuild", they typically mean mining the draft for:

#1C
#1D
#1G

Realistically, the Canucks have drafted all of those, and have a lot of other good pieces around them.

How do you "rebuild" in that situation? When you're contractually locked in to that core?

It would need to be like what the Avs did with Mackinnon.

They are awful but got Mackinnon on a long long deal contract on a down year then proceeded to just draft decently and dumped all the others around: Stastny, Duchene, Shattenkirk, etc.

That might be their best bet but the org has always been woeful at adding draft picks.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

#1C
#1D
#1G

the world can be a forgiving place if you admit you were wrong and ask for a chance to change your ways

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

mike-keenan-1996-36.jpg

:eek3::eek3::eek3:

• Wow

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

#1C
#1D
#1G

Mike Gillis left an empty farm system for JR.

heh, we don't have even a good #3C, #4D and #2G prospect.

Reactions: Nomobo

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
At this point I think firing Bruce is doing him a favor. This team is rotten to the core and there's no intention from the higher ups to change that.

Reactions: canucksfan

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It would need to be like what the Avs did with Mackinnon.

They are awful but got Mackinnon on a long long deal contract on a down year then proceeded to just draft decently and dumped all the others around: Stastny, Duchene, Shattenkirk, etc.

That might be their best bet but the org has always been woeful at adding draft picks.

People always bring up the Avs, but that's not what really happened.

Who did they get for O'Reilly? Well they traded ROR and Tage Thompson, for...Grigorenko, Compher, Zadorov.

This wasn't some brilliant master stroke of strategy. It was...they got lucky, repeatedly, on multiple draft picks.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

#1C
#1D
#1G

Pettersson and Horvat are probably gone at this rate, not locked up. Not sure if Hughes and Demko are quite viewed as the cornerstone pieces they were in the past.

You got Miller and OEL well locked up though.

Reactions: biturbo19

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Well we proved one thing tonight….

All the Canucks are AJ Greer’s bi$&@“s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad