Post-Game Talk: [GM 16] Canucks lose to Bruins | 2-5 | Miller & Dries

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I’ll say it again and again.

The team making the playoffs during the bubble was the worst thing that could of happened to this organization.

Gave a fall sense of success and the ownership ran with it.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
I’ll say it again and again.

The team making the playoffs during the bubble was the worst thing that could of happened to this organization.

Gave a fall sense of success and the ownership ran with it.

It was used as an excuse by a stupid, selfish pos GM to go all in after a once in a lifetime "stars lining up moment" of all of these players have career years and being carried by basically the most OP goaltender seasons imaginable - the sum of EVERYTHING lining up was BARELY enough to get into fake playoffs.

It's disgusting that Benning leveraged our future even more with the OEL shit. Absolute poison pill contract.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How about Horvat and Kuzmenko for Forsberg.

Nashville says no you would have to think, right?

Might be obvious , but I’m not good at appraising trade value.

I guess answers will vary because the Question mark of Kuzmenko

Well one of them was a healthy scratch on the worst team in the NHL so …

Reactions: B-rock

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Pettersson and Horvat are probably gone at this rate, not locked up. Not sure if Hughes and Demko are quite viewed as the cornerstone pieces they were in the past.

You got Miller and OEL well locked up though.
A60E76AB-69C1-48CB-A134-E7E708B44C12.gif

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
They are awful but got Mackinnon on a long long deal contract on a down year then proceeded to just draft decently and dumped all the others around: Stastny, Duchene, Shattenkirk, etc

This is why I'm just not confident that Pettersson is going to be around for the next iteration of the Canucks—they failed to get him under contract for 7/8 years and he's going to have one foot out the door going into next year.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Not a time to be precious about any player on this roster. Truly should be no untouchables at this point.

The good young players on this team are too jaded/tainted from the last several years that a full reset may be required.
I really dont see how any other conclusion can be reached at this point.
It's the vastly most likely reality coming up soon.

Several top players clearly want out of this mess they've endured for years and years, and the others aren't really anything special.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
After this road trip, Bruce is gone.
Can we let go of Bruce’s coaching staff too? I don’t want to see Jason Kings obese fat ass any longer.

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So, yeah.

Team is absolutely broken. Even the guys who started the season well are now falling off, and the team is legitimately bad.

Boudreau situation is ridiculous. Guy is lost and has been flailing all year. His only two things are to shake up the lines literally every night and run through the list of inexperienced players to bench while none of the actual problem players face any consequences. The coaching this team is receiving looks identical to Green last year, and obviously the players are mostly identical and failing in the same ways.

Major changes have to come after the Buffalo game.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
So, yeah.

Team is absolutely broken. Even the guys who started the season well are now falling off, and the team is legitimately bad.

Boudreau situation is ridiculous. Guy is lost and has been flailing all year. His only two things are to shake up the lines literally every night and run through the list of inexperienced players to bench while none of the actual problem players face any consequences. The coaching this team is receiving looks identical to Green last year, and obviously the players are mostly identical and failing in the same ways.

Major changes have to come after the Buffalo game.
Curious what do you consider major changes

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
What I want: New owner, new arena, new team name, new jerseys, new management, new coaches, new players, new prospects, new training facility, new team forums, new DJ, new mascot, new fans, new broadcast partners

What I expect: Bear getting scratched for Stillman.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Boudreau has to go, like, yesterday. This situation with a coach management obviously doesn't want and criticizing him through the media is just totally dysfunctional. It's Burke-Keenan all over again.

And some of the problem players have to start moving out. Myers, Boeser, Pearson. Miller probably can't be traded, certainly not mid-season.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
I'm not sure what happened to Boudreau this season, last year he was extremely engaged and dialed in, this year he forgets to shave every morning.

I'm on top 5 pick wagon for this season, if they aren't on a playoffs spot by Thanksgiving, then they only have 15% chance of making it to the playoffs. Quite frankly, this is one draft that is worth to tank, the top 4 are franchise turning players.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm not sure what happened to Boudreau this season, last year he was extremely engaged and dialed in, this year he forgets to shave every morning.

I'm on top 5 pick wagon for this season, if they aren't on a playoffs spot by Thanksgiving, then they only have 15% of making it to the playoffs. Quite frankly, this is one draft that is worth to tank, the top 4 are franchise turning players.
If that happens this year, it will likely happen again next year.

Horvat doesn’t want to be a part of a rebuild. We don’t really have the capspace to sign an adequate replacement for him if they plan on re-signing Kuzmenko, Bear, Schenn, Burroughs.

Think about that. This bad team does not have the capspace to be equally bad next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad