Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
McAvoy is better with Grz mainly because they are not paired against the other team's top line.

Carlo's babysitting role is tougher than McAvoy's, he has to take care of Krug.

Chara's a +24 currently. Best among Dmen on the team. Never plays the PP, always plays the PK. He's a shutdown defenseman.

It would be better for the development of the young guys if he retired. Not sure it would be better for the team.

McAvoy is not paired against the other teams top line?

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Let me ask you this: did Senyshyn play in Boston and look good while doing so?

Why is Kuhlman here instead of Senyshyn? Because there’s only a certain amount of spots and Kuhlman deserves to be here. He shouldn’t be sent down if he’s still playing well. Is he scoring much? No, but his details are great and his a high-energy player that forces his opponents to make mistakes and think twice with the puck— especially when he’s on the forecheck.

Senyshyn is a solid hockey player and I don’t know how many more times I can say it, honestly. If you’re down on the player, you’re down on the player. I like what he brings to the ice when he isn’t scoring and this team literally isn’t concerned with the scoring.

Why is Nordstrom still drawing in and out of the lineup when he’s terrible? Why hasn’t Gaunce gotten a look in his place? There’s tons of reasons why. Same can be said for Frederic. The coach, the GM, the recall limit and other factors. The organization likes Senyshyn and I know that from first-hand accounts.
Because Nordy is not terrible and is trusted better then unproven Gaunce.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
PBruins had a dead second period today and Legace let in what looked like soft goals to me. Studnicka and Frederic looked polished even as they had quiet 2nd and 3rd periods. Vaak and Zboril were smooth and confident coming out of their own end. I liked Gaunce's game. I noticed Zech looking good. And Lauko had a couple speedy shifts, but not much action. I was surprised by the size of their D with Petrovic and Didier, I'm so used to the little guys in Boston. Overall, Bruins looked really good. They reminded me of watching the big club.

It was my 6 year old's first hockey game. After the game, I was like, "What'd ya think, buddy?" He said, "I liked the fights!" Old school first grader.
I like your son.:laugh:

Reminds me of a funny story in my family. Many years ago, in the mid 70’s my grandparents visited from England. We watched a Bruins game on TV on the old Channel 38 with rabbit ears antenna. I was only about five years older than your son at the time. Asked my grandmother (who at time was probably close to 80)..... “Granny, what did you think of the game?”. She answered (I swear)... “Well, I didn’t really understand. But I did rather like the fighting”.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad your boy enjoyed himself. I’ve had years of pleasure doing same with my now 21 year old boy. Good for you. Enjoy!!!:thumbu:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
McAvoy is better with Grz mainly because they are not paired against the other team's top line.

Carlo's babysitting role is tougher than McAvoy's, he has to take care of Krug.

Chara's a +24 currently. Best among Dmen on the team. Never plays the PP, always plays the PK. He's a shutdown defenseman.

It would be better for the development of the young guys if he retired. Not sure it would be better for the team.
I agree. However, the kids that do get a shot with him around get a Masters degree in commitment, class, and what it takes to be a legend on and off the ice.

I think I’d like to see one more year out of Big Guy.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
I like your son.:laugh:

Reminds me of a funny story in my family. Many years ago, in the mid 70’s my grandparents visited from England. We watched a Bruins game on TV on the old Channel 38 with rabbit ears antenna. I was only about five years older than your son at the time. Asked my grandmother (who at time was probably close to 80)..... “Granny, what did you think of the game?”. She answered (I swear)... “Well, I didn’t really understand. But I did rather like the fighting”.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad your boy enjoyed himself. I’ve had years of pleasure doing same with my now 21 year old boy. Good for you. Enjoy!!!:thumbu:

Thanks, man! That's a funny story :laugh:
I was slightly nervous some fights were going to somehow freak him out, but he was pumping his fist and having a good ol time.

We're in western, MA, so it's harder to get to Boston and NHL tickets are expensive, but I'm all about hitting up Springfield and Hartford. Tons of good seats and pretty entertaining action overall. Looking forward to hitting up many more in the coming years.

Reactions: Number8

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Thanks, man! That's a funny story :laugh:
I was slightly nervous some fights were going to somehow freak him out, but he was pumping his fist and having a good ol time.

We're in western, MA, so it's harder to get to Boston and NHL tickets are expensive, but I'm all about hitting up Springfield and Hartford. Tons of good seats and pretty entertaining action overall. Looking forward to hitting up many more in the coming years.
UMass has a really good team and the games are usually very fun. You can get in even cheaper than the Thunderbirds or Wolfpack, too.

Reactions: Si Hopkins

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
would certainly allow them to keep everybody fresh, I would be rotating Clifton and Zboril in pretty frequently

Personally I don't like carrying 8 D, it's hard unless there are frequent and numerous injuries to get all the guys enough game action, but if it keeps Zboril off waivers then it's probably worth it.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsNetwork

Personally I don't like carrying 8 D, it's hard unless there are frequent and numerous injuries to get all the guys enough game action, but if it keeps Zboril off waivers then it's probably worth it.

Bruins might get lucky if they have to put Zboril and Senyshyn on waivers early on when everyone is trying to figure out their rosters still. There were some solid players/prospects that made it through last year for similar reasons. (I personally don’t think both would clear though)

rank

Mar 2, 2020
I agree. However, the kids that do get a shot with him around get a Masters degree in commitment, class, and what it takes to be a legend on and off the ice.

I think I’d like to see one more year out of Big Guy.
+1 to all that. And for only 2 million bucks he can play as long as he wants.

Oh yeah.....by the way he’s only 102 games behind Chelly for #1 in career games played by a D-man so I’d say he’s coming back wouldn’t you?

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
+1 to all that. And for only 2 million bucks he can play as long as he wants.

Oh yeah.....by the way he’s only 102 games behind Chelly for #1 in career games played by a D-man so I’d say he’s coming back wouldn’t you?

thats it? I didnt even realize that. He’s totally breaking that record

still one of the best shutdown defenseman in the game. Still logs big minutes. Still the best PKer.

rank

Mar 2, 2020
BC61D561-06E4-479D-8A4A-CBAFF96E6093.png

still one of the best shutdown defenseman in the game. Still logs big minutes. Still the best PKer.
everyone is too busy gawking at OV’s goal scoring record that’s still 5 years away (if he makes it) to notice Chara.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I was surprised to see Teppo Numminen's name on that list- I knew he was around for what felt like forever but had no idea it was THAT long

Reactions: rank

rank

Mar 2, 2020
I was surprised to see Teppo Numminen's name on that list- I knew he was around for what felt like forever but had no idea it was THAT long
Yes and A few others for me...Roman Hamrlik, glen Wesley, Luke Richardson....

Reactions: Dr Hook

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006

I didn't realize this either. No way he retires when he's within reach of Chelios on that list. Chara is currently 42 years old....and Chelios played over 250 games after age 42.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
View attachment 330819
everyone is too busy gawking at OV’s goal scoring record that’s still 5 years away (if he makes it) to notice Chara.
If the Bruins had a crystal ball they take Stevens over Kluzak

three Bruins moves I would magically do over

1. draft Brad Park over Barry Gibbs
2. Don’t trade Rick McLeish because Alan Eagelson wanted his client Mike Walton out of Toronto
3. Draft Scott Stevens over Gord Kluzak

This HF Boards crew would have rioted over 1 and probably 2

yah and I know about Ken Dryden as well

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

2. Don’t trade Rick McLeish because Alan Eagelson wanted his client Mike Walton out of Toronto

How about Joe Sakic over Stephan Quintal?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

If Kluzaks knees weren’t so bad he would have been a beauty. But ya Stevens would have been great. The question is would Sinden have paid him. He liked the $$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad