Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rank

Mar 2, 2020
Those are all good draft misses. They also passed on Pavel Datsyk for five rounds before Detroit finally took him in the 6th I think......but every team passed. He had a broken leg in his draft year I think.

I recall them saying Kluzak could be the next Orr and me being upset they didn’t take Brian Bellows.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Those are all good draft misses. They also passed on Pavel Datsyk for five rounds before Detroit finally took him in the 6th I think......but every team passed. He had a broken leg in his draft year I think.

I recall them saying Kluzak could be the next Orr and me being upset they didn’t take Brian Bellows.

I recall them saying Bellows would be the next Gretzky.

As for Datsyuk, he was drafted before the fall of communism in Russia. USSR still existed, drafting Soviet players was just a hope and a prayer.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

The next Larry Robinson was what I remember

I was livid they passed on Bellows

Reactions: bbfan419 and rank

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

This is going to sound stupid (no, it was stupid), but I did not want them to take Bellows because his name was Bellows and one of our big rivals across the river in VT was Bellows Falls. I was 12 at the time, though :laugh:

Reactions: rank and DKH

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Is it possible for someone to expand on those tweets as they won't load here.

Mark Divver :
Jay Leach on Jakub Zboril: "There have been games in the last three weeks where he’s been by far our best defenseman''
"I think his partner (Josiah Didier) has shown him how fun it is to compete. He’s embraced that. ... Anyone who plays with (Didier) is like, whoa, that guy is having fun, he’s going hard. That rubs off''

BruinsNetwork

Mark Divver :
Jay Leach on Jakub Zboril: "There have been games in the last three weeks where he’s been by far our best defenseman''
"I think his partner (Josiah Didier) has shown him how fun it is to compete. He’s embraced that. ... Anyone who plays with (Didier) is like, whoa, that guy is having fun, he’s going hard. That rubs off''

When Zboril is engaged and on his best game, he’s a legitimate game-breaking player. He’s got the tools to be a dangerous two-way threat and the physicality to make players think twice in the corners and low. Remember watching him effortlessly dump Colin White a few times before he became a full-time NHL player.

The last few weeks he’s been on another level and taking far more offensive liberties. It’s confidence and mentality for Zboril. If he can be consistent in his effort and decision making, he can be a legitimately top-four threat on either side. Just haven’t seen the consistency yet.

Bottom line: make no mistake— Zboril still has the tools and abilities of a top-15 player in his draft class. The mental side has some red flags, but I’m not closing the book on him. He’s been putting his head down and quietly accepting what he needs to work on. Will he make it? We’ll see.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
When Zboril is engaged and on his best game, he’s a legitimate game-breaking player. He’s got the tools to be a dangerous two-way threat and the physicality to make players think twice in the corners and low. Remember watching him effortlessly dump Colin White a few times before he became a full-time NHL player.

The last few weeks he’s been on another level and taking far more offensive liberties. It’s confidence and mentality for Zboril. If he can be consistent in his effort and decision making, he can be a legitimately top-four threat on either side. Just haven’t seen the consistency yet.

Bottom line: make no mistake— Zboril still has the tools and abilities of a top-15 player in his draft class. The mental side has some red flags, but I’m not closing the book on him. He’s been putting his head down and quietly accepting what he needs to work on. Will he make it? We’ll see.

Great to hear...hoping he has a chance to play with the bruins this year. Needs a taste / recognition.

Reactions: bbfan419

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

jury is out on his ability to think the game at a high level consistently, and to stay away
from the stupid penalties/running guys and getting out of position. but no doubt he's
showing the upside people saw in his draft year. gotta give defensemen more rope too
when it comes to maturing, he's still a young guy. i'd like to get a look at him in the NHL
down the stretch, expect he'll get a few games.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

You and me, watching Bellows star for Kitchener, I was thrilled that he was going to be a Bruin until that shocking trade. Easily the most disappointment I felt concerning an NHL draft.

aguineapig

The issue I had with Kluzak was that he had a serious injury as a Junior A player. He was a risky pick while Bellows was about a sure thing as you could get.
Yeah but don't forget we got Brad Palmer and Dave Donnelly from Stars for leaving Bellows on the table.
Uh, actually go ahead and forget it.

Reactions: rank and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad