Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
QUOTE="neelynugs, "Jury is out on his ability to think the game at a high level consistently, and to stay away
from the stupid penalties/running guys and getting out of position. but no doubt he's showing the upside people saw in his draft year.

I remember him in his first Junior game. ( preseason??) A tough guy started a fight with him and Zboril knocked him out with ONE punch. I've been watching him ever since.

Reactions: rank and Baddkarma

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Is Clifton still injured? If not I guess he'll be the first in line to cover for Brandon but I think Jakub Zboril will get a chance too. He's been impressive in Providence and think he's ahead of Urho Vaakanainen for now. There's been a healthy competition all year between Lauzon, Zboril and Vaakanainen and with Lauzon already up and playing reagularly. Moore probably will be the 7th D unless more injuries.

I think Jeremy Lauzon is fast becoming a real gem, a dependable defenseman. Strong along the boards and in front of his own net. Rarely caught out of position, has a long reach and active stick on the penalty kill. That he was signed to a ONE WAY contract says alot how much the Bruins like him

Reactions: Saxon Eric

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The next Larry Robinson was what I remember

I was livid they passed on Bellows

Kluzak may have not turned into the next Robinson, but he was better than Bellows imo. Another player who just couldn't stay healthy. When he was, he was a beast and as talented as anyone behind the blue-line not named Ray Bourque. I still remember Dick Irvin raving about how good Kluzak was and that the Bruins had two of the best defenseman in the NHL.

My only disappointment about that trade was Brad Palmer. I thought he was was going to be a star in the making, I remember watching him fire a slapshot ripping a hole in the back of the net and I couldn't believe the bruins got him in the deal :laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Kluzak may have not turned into the next Robinson, but he was better than Bellows imo. Another player who just couldn't stay healthy. When he was, he was a beast and as talented as anyone behind the blue-line not named Ray Bourque. I still remember Dick Irvin raving about how good Kluzak was and that the Bruins had two of the best defenseman in the NHL.

My only disappointment about that trade was Brad Palmer. I thought he was was going to be a star in the making, I remember watching him fire a slapshot ripping a hole in the back of the net and I couldn't believe the bruins got him in the deal :laugh:
They drafted Kluzak with bad knees

terrible move to me

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
yeah I agree with that, but he was a stud when healthy. They should of taken Stevens. ;)
Bellows scored 485 career goals and Harry could have added him to a 1983 powerhouse

brutal

Reactions: bbfan419

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Providence blows a 3 on 1,then on the ensuing PP Zboril stripped and a 2 on none Vladar bails him out

Reactions: Blowfish

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
So Providence, which already has the worst broadcast in the AHL, has bring your kid to work tonight or something and the guest "color" commentator has his mic so close to his mouth he sounds like Darth Vader when not speaking.

Vladar looks good tonight and the game has been a bit chippy. Zboril also has looked good

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 2
Still 1-0
Terrible period from Providence
Sloppy with long stretches of uninspiring play
Vladar keeping them in the lead
Need to come out strong and grab 2 points

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
UConn is and will always be a basketball school only

And umass is and will always be a great landscape architecture school only

Edit: also UConn has won National Championships in no less then 4 different sports. Yes I get defensive about my alma mater haha

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So Providence, which already has the worst broadcast in the AHL, has bring your kid to work tonight or something and the guest "color" commentator has his mic so close to his mouth he sounds like Darth Vader when not speaking.

Vladar looks good tonight and the game has been a bit chippy. Zboril also has looked good
Sounds like they're broadcasting in a wind tunnel

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
9 straight
Cehlarik lone assist
Vladar stole 2 points
Steen was decent
Man did Zech get smoked open ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events