Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 2
2-2
Bummer
Providence did increase the tempo once it was tied
Didn't like Studnicka getting mauled in front of a Providence Dman and no response

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
After 2
2-2
Bummer
Providence did increase the tempo once it was tied
Didn't like Studnicka getting mauled in front of a Providence Dman and no response
How’s the Laukomotive look

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Quick thoughts from this weekend's games:

Good:
-- Studnicka - he's building some nice chemistry with Hughes & Lantosi
-- The entire D corps (including Petrovic) was very good in both games
-- Cehlarik
-- Steen
-- Gaunce

Not good:
-- Carey - I don't remember a single standout play from him all weekend. He vanishes way too often for someone who was supposed to be the team's best player. Thankfully he has been taken off the top line but he should probably be bumped further down the lineup based on his recent play.
-- Senyshyn - was pretty invisible both games
-- Frederic - aside from the nice pass on Steen's SHG today, he didn't do much offensively. He has a tendency to make plays more difficult for himself by skating into traffic and trying to thread passes (often backhanded) when higher percentage plays are available

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Some scary moments but Providence survives Hartford's onslaught
Big Win
2nd place
Studnicka and Gaunce continue to impress
Dreaded 3 in 3 next weekend
I think this is 8 straight wins

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
First win against Hartford and that's 8 straight isn't it. Zboril player of the game imo. But many guys worked for this win. Steen is playing much better and it was nice to see Lauko out there.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Quick thoughts from this weekend's games:

Not good:
-- Carey - I don't remember a single standout play from him all weekend. He vanishes way too often for someone who was supposed to be the team's best player. Thankfully he has been taken off the top line but he should probably be bumped further down the lineup based on his recent play.
-- Senyshyn - was pretty invisible both games
-- Frederic - aside from the nice pass on Steen's SHG today, he didn't do much offensively. He has a tendency to make plays more difficult for himself by skating into traffic and trying to thread passes (often backhanded) when higher percentage plays are available

Part of his unique development plan.

Reactions: Spooner st and TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Part of his unique development plan.

I've been on board with letting the kid develop for a good while now, but I have to admit I am getting a little past that now. He's a first round pick (I know!) who in his third pro season doesn't even have enough game or hasn't given the coaches enough confidence that he is at least as good an option as Karson Kuhlman on the RW.

BruinsNetwork

Great weekend from Zboril, Gaunce and Steen.

Thought Frederic was solid as well, although not nearly as dominant as he could have been.

Senyshyn continues to be a good complimentary player who’s now doing some heavy lifting for his line on the two-way side of things. Him and Gaunce are developing some nice chemistry while proving to be hard to play against. When Senyshyn first arrived in Providence, he was pretty easy to play against. Now? Not so much. He’s harder to contain along the boards and covers the ice really quickly. His speed alone on the forecheck has created problems for defensemen and forwards trying to breakout.

Senyshyn should have a few more goals, admittedly, but he’s generating the chances and rebounds that will compliment his line very well in the NHL. Would love to see him next to Coyle again before the season is over. Think they’re a really good fit for each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I've been on board with letting the kid develop for a good while now, but I have to admit I am getting a little past that now. He's a first round pick (I know!) who in his third pro season doesn't even have enough game or hasn't given the coaches enough confidence that he is at least as good an option as Karson Kuhlman on the RW.

He is second on the team for points by a rookie.

For the bruins that is ;)

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Great weekend from Zboril, Gaunce and Steen.

Thought Frederic was solid as well, although not nearly as dominant as he could have been.

Senyshyn continues to be a good complimentary player who’s now doing some heavy lifting for his line on the two-way side of things. Him and Gaunce are developing some nice chemistry while proving to be hard to play against. When Senyshyn first arrived in Providence, he was pretty easy to play against. Now? Not so much. He’s harder to contain along the boards and covers the ice really quickly. His speed alone on the forecheck has created problems for defensemen and forwards trying to breakout.

Senyshyn should have a few more goals, admittedly, but he’s generating the chances and rebounds that will compliment his line very well in the NHL. Would love to see him next to Coyle again before the season is over. Think they’re a really good fit for each other.

I have enjoyed your reporting on Senyshyn over the past couple seasons and have been largely a believer in the development plan as it made sense. That and what Dom has posted about how his time in the OHL went made it seem fine. But I do have to ask, if he has really developed into a solid 200 foot player, what is the problem with him? Clearly the Bruins do not see this, and prefer Karson Kuhlman in the lineup. Senyshyn is as fast, has better scoring chops, and if he has really become a complete player, how has he not been given a chance over Kuhlman? Not that I am bashing Kuhlman, but he is what he is, so what is your take on this?

Reactions: wintersej

BruinsNetwork

I have enjoyed your reporting on Senyshyn over the past couple seasons and have been largely a believer in the development plan as it made sense. That and what Dom has posted about how his time in the OHL went made it seem fine. But I do have to ask, if he has really developed into a solid 200 foot player, what is the problem with him? Clearly the Bruins do not see this, and prefer Karson Kuhlman in the lineup. Senyshyn is as fast, has better scoring chops, and if he has really become a complete player, how has he not been given a chance over Kuhlman? Not that I am bashing Kuhlman, but he is what he is, so what is your take on this?

Let me ask you this: did Senyshyn play in Boston and look good while doing so?

Why is Kuhlman here instead of Senyshyn? Because there’s only a certain amount of spots and Kuhlman deserves to be here. He shouldn’t be sent down if he’s still playing well. Is he scoring much? No, but his details are great and his a high-energy player that forces his opponents to make mistakes and think twice with the puck— especially when he’s on the forecheck.

Senyshyn is a solid hockey player and I don’t know how many more times I can say it, honestly. If you’re down on the player, you’re down on the player. I like what he brings to the ice when he isn’t scoring and this team literally isn’t concerned with the scoring.

Why is Nordstrom still drawing in and out of the lineup when he’s terrible? Why hasn’t Gaunce gotten a look in his place? There’s tons of reasons why. Same can be said for Frederic. The coach, the GM, the recall limit and other factors. The organization likes Senyshyn and I know that from first-hand accounts.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Let me ask you this: did Senyshyn play in Boston and look good while doing so?

Why is Kuhlman here instead of Senyshyn? Because there’s only a certain amount of spots and Kuhlman deserves to be here. He shouldn’t be sent down if he’s still playing well. Is he scoring much? No, but his details are great and his a high-energy player that forces his opponents to make mistakes and think twice with the puck— especially when he’s on the forecheck.

Senyshyn is a solid hockey player and I don’t know how many more times I can say it, honestly. If you’re down on the player, you’re down on the player. I like what he brings to the ice when he isn’t scoring and this team literally isn’t concerned with the scoring.

Why is Nordstrom still drawing in and out of the lineup when he’s terrible? Why hasn’t Gaunce gotten a look in his place? There’s tons of reasons why. Same can be said for Frederic. The coach, the GM, the recall limit and other factors. The organization likes Senyshyn and I know that from first-hand accounts.

Thanks for the reply. I am not down on the player and haven't been, but have just been wondering, and what kicked it off for me was seeing Bjork benched, Kuhlman, though he is waiver-exempt, not being sent down, even for a game or two, Nordstrom being out with an allergic reaction for several days and it seemed like a perfect opportunity to give Senyshyn a look. I did think he looked fine in his callup. It seems from my persepective that there is something the organization is not quite comfortable with about him just yet. Having been a Bruins fan for a long time, I have some secondary trauma from picks like Hamill, Lars Jonsson, Matt Lashoff, Joe Colborne, you know the usual suspects. I want Seny to succed.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

not BN, but for me kuhlman has better hockey IQ. zach has all the physical tools over
him, but kuhlman gives you exactly what the coach wants every shift. wash, rinse, repeat.
i still like zach though and think he'll be a solid bottom 6 winger.

BruinsNetwork

Thanks for the reply. I am not down on the player and haven't been, but have just been wondering, and what kicked it off for me was seeing Bjork benched, Kuhlman, though he is waiver-exempt, not being sent down, even for a game or two, Nordstrom being out with an allergic reaction for several days and it seemed like a perfect opportunity to give Senyshyn a look. I did think he looked fine in his callup. It seems from my persepective that there is something the organization is not quite comfortable with about him just yet. Having been a Bruins fan for a long time, I have some secondary trauma from picks like Hamill, Lars Jonsson, Matt Lashoff, Joe Colborne, you know the usual suspects. I want Seny to succed.

Anytime! I’m always happy to talk about prospects to those who are genuinely curious.

Is Senyshyn going to end up on that list of players? Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think he does, but sometimes players just don’t make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad