Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Our prospect pool is full of NHL players. Some are ready now and some will be in a year or two

In Providence: Studnicka (top rookie in AHL), Frederic, Senyshin, Zboril, Vaakanainen, Steen, Hughes, Lauko and Vladar (like day and night from last year)
In college: Swayman (top goalie in NCAA), Hall (what a year he's having), Beecher, Olson and McFaul.
Bjork, Lauzon and Kuhlman already in the NHL
You forgot Keyser in the ECHL who’s been out with an injury most of the year.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Beauty!

P bruins are looking dominant!!!!

Filled with young prospects. How is is possible the bruins were ranked so low in the prospect pool.
No real high end glitter

had they taken Kaliyev instead of Beecher or DeBrincat (oh wait he’d be in Boston on second line) over Frederic they’d be in the teens

you need a handful if that

can they get 3-5 legit players out of
Swayman
Vladar
Kesyser
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Zboril
Frederic
Senyshyn
Studnicka
Lauko
Olsen
Hall
Kuhlman
Steen
Hughes
Beecher

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
No real high end glitter

had they taken Kaliyev instead of Beecher or DeBrincat (oh wait he’d be in Boston on second line) over Frederic they’d be in the teens

Swayman
Vladar
Kesyser
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Zboril
Frederic
Senyshyn
Studnicka
Lauko
Olsen
Hall
Kuhlman
Steen
Hughes
Beecher

Unreal...

Would be interesting to see top pro scouts or GMs rank the prospect pools.

One dude that is high on Boston's pool is McGuire.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Unreal...

Would be interesting to see top pro scouts or GMs rank the prospect pools.

One dude that is high on Boston's pool is McGuire.
I talk to a Western Conference pro scout who married a girl from my area and they settled here - he keeps close tabs on this area and we have some great conversations

never talked rank but have talked Boston’s prospects a lot since he covers them for another team

there are guys he doesn’t like that I like but others they are high on

Studnicka had their organization his first rookie tourney

overall - he says Boston is exceptionally well run and Sweeney has a huge advantage living in the area and able to see kids easily and forge deep relationships with college coaches, the area itself, the name Boston Bruins behind him, and he’s smart and his staff is outstanding.

but Studnicka was the guy they really liked as far back as September 2018 and he’s only got better

he also liked Lauzon which is looking wise as well - not sure he will be a top 3 but he’s a competitive and smart player. He thought he had that Bruins style

Reactions: duffy and Blowfish

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Beauty!

P bruins are looking dominant!!!!

Filled with young prospects. How is is possible the bruins were ranked so low in the prospect pool.
Writers don’t necessarily go to every hockey game and watch. So the rankings can easily be ranked on numbers. Bruins don’t really draft high end offensive for the most part. They excel on the back end and other intangibles (character, work ethic, willingness to learn) I’m not going to argue the way. It’s actually working. Most the bruins players are in house talent. That’s the best. Players the organization developed. They are cheaper and u get to groom them your way.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Second place in the division on the line today, head-to-head with Hartford. Hershey in town next week, with the possibility of first place on the line. Getting tight in the division and PBs really starting to come together. Already re-upped my ten game plan for next season so the first three rounds of the Calder Cup playoffs are free. Good chance they go that deep!

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
No real high end glitter

Swayman
Vladar
Kesyser
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Zboril
Frederic
Senyshyn
Studnicka
Lauko
Olsen
Hall
Kuhlman
Steen
Hughes
Beecher
From who I have seen this year Studnicka, Frederic and Lauzon will all have nice NHL careers. Vaak and Zboril could. I don't watch a lot of college hockey so haven't seen Swayman or Beecher but have heard only good things.

Studnicka is only top 6 talent that I see but Frederic will be a very good bottom 6 guy. I believe he was leading Providence in assists going into last night. Lauzon looks like Kevan Miller without as long a learning curve as Miller had.

There is good talent here and I agree with the mentality of take the as sure a thing as possible over a potential boom or bust pick

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
From who I have seen this year Studnicka, Frederic and Lauzon will all have nice NHL careers. Vaak and Zboril could. I don't watch a lot of college hockey so haven't seen Swayman or Beecher but have heard only good things.

Studnicka is only top 6 talent that I see but Frederic will be a very good bottom 6 guy. I believe he was leading Providence in assists going into last night. Lauzon looks like Kevan Miller without as long a learning curve as Miller had.

There is good talent here and I agree with the mentality of take the as sure a thing as possible over a potential boom or bust pick
They like drafting captains and bright guys

Sweeney gets a lot of information out of his college coaching network and has an innate ability to be able to assess defenseman

they played 4 young defensemen yesterday and have 3 more in Providence who project as top 6 and Clifton was playing in Finals

they also traded Lindgren to the Rangers and he’s considered a future letter guy for them

someone knows how to identify defenseman

Reactions: Kegs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
man, looks like this kid has all the tools to be playing a significant role for the big club down the road, every time I check in here it seems those who are watching live share about this element or that which he`s doing so well at, great to read

the only quibble about his game is he's sometimes a little sloppy with the puck. that's a
maturity thing. he looks like a legit 2 way 2nd line center. not nearly as big as kevin hayes but
he brings similar things to the table: ability to play all situations, add offense, add defense.
krejci's playoff will be interesting to watch because coyle can probably hold the 2C role until jack
steals it from him (which won't take too long i would imagine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad