TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
After the first 5 episodes of this season, dare I say...that the book was actually holding the show back?

The first 5 seasons were based on the events that have happened in the books, and damn there was a lot going on. Trying to condense all the major events into 10 episodes a season means a lot of things weren't fleshed out properly. D&D were put in a lose-lose situation where they had to keep things simple for the viewers while keeping the book readers happy.

With season 6, everyone's an unsullied, so D&D were free to flesh out their own storylines based on guidelines from GRRM. Guess we can say rather than following GRRM's GPS, they chose a more efficient route that would reach the destination nonetheless.

Lol wat

D&D did an excellent job s1-s4 until s5 and s6

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I've enjoyed the last two episodes, but they definitely feel more... designed to fit traditional fantasy expectations. Which the show and books did a really good job of not doing previously.

The whole zombie attack could not have been more generic. Right down to someone pulling the pin on the grenade and sacrificing themselves.

Hodor holding the door was interesting in the possible implications of Bran influencing the past. They got to be pretty careful with it though. I really hope this show doesn't start running into impossible time paradox issues lol.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Like... We all know the COTF gal could've thrown the magic grenade instead of killing herself there... It would've been much more effective and probably saves her OR Hodor.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Like... We all know the COTF gal could've thrown the magic grenade instead of killing herself there... It would've been much more effective and probably saves her OR Hodor.

Standing there made the wights in the front stop to stab her to death. Summer's death accomplished the same thing. They slowed up to kill Summer before continuing on.

If she just threw it all the wights that ran past it keep coming and kill everyone before they get to the door.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
How many Wildlings died at Hardhome? There 100,000 of them weren't there?

So if only 5000 made it to the other side of the wall, the remaining 95,000 became White walkers?

Tough.

They became wights not White Walkers.

Also I recall Jon and Thormund saying they only managed to save half of the people at Hardhome so about 5000 turned to wights there.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So where is Bran headed to now with Meera? Do the White Walkers or Wights continue to chase down Bran? They view Bran and his powers as a threat or else they would have just left the tree alone and not killed the bloodraven. It would be interesting to see Bran back south of the wall and what he would do.

They'll try and kill Bran.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Even with hold the door it doesn't really make sense that bran and Meera get away, they move so slow with bran on his rosebud and we've seen how fast the wights can move

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It'll be interesting to see how they get away. Their situation is way worse than Sansa/Theon situation.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
It'll be interesting to see how they get away. Their situation is way worse than Sansa/Theon situation.

Either they find a hill and slide down on the sled, or someone saves them (hinted in the season 6 trailer). I'm thinking a reappearance of a certain Stark...

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Congratulations to Round 5 winner! : The Waffler - The Three-Eyed 'Pigeon' Raven

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

Round 6

SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'The Fair Maiden Bear' Of Tarth
PALE PWNR - Septa 'No Soup For You!' Unella
Emperoreddy - Lancel 'Born Again' Lannister
Chippah - Lancel 'O Brother Where Art Thou' Lannister
darko - Margaery 'My Brother's Keeper' Tyrell
Amazing Kreiderman - High 'Govenor Swann' Sparrow
JDinkalage Morgoone - Tommen 'The Golden Child' Lannister
DuckJet - High 'Was In An Orgy So Good He Gave Up On Life" Sparrow
Bubba Thudd - Loras 'Kill Me Now Tyrell

The Drop - Lancel 'I Stabbed Your Sister' Lannister

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Absolutely-- I don't deny any of that. My only point is that, whatever the reason, and however understandable those reasons are, I simply think that season 6 has in fact been less artfully executed than the first four seasons.

Oh ffs, are you ever just able to admit that you could be wrong?? :facepalm:

Artfully??

Seven hells! :facepalm:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Summer and Hodor dead in the same episode.... this show is so ****ing cruel.

So true.

tumblr_nj2kum45Hv1r00543o3_r2_250.gif

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Another little thing I was thinking about all night last night, and all day today, because I couldn't shake it out of my mind, was that it wasn't really Bran that ever said 'Hold the door'. It was Meera, through Bran's warging. Hodor never heard Bran....he heard Meera. Is it possible that Meera can warg too? Her brother could. What if it was Meera all along that made Wyllis, 'Hold the door'?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Ya based on the trailers you'd have to pick someone from kings landing to die.

I'll go with Lancel "I stabbed your sister" Lannister

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
One of the saddest things i've seen on the 'teley' in ages.

tumblr_o7liclC08Z1qhz95yo1_500-1464007025.gif

tumblr_o7mjxufoy31rl53x2o2_500-1464007077.gif

hodor-fight.gif

How many hugs do you think this guy's going to get, where ever he goes, going forward?? :laugh:

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I watched the last episode again and have to give the show massive props on how well done the Hodor sequence was. Has to be the top 3 most powerful moment on this show and that's brilliant. Some of these that come to mind as I am typing is Oberyn's death, Tyrion trial speech, Hound trial by combat, Ned Stark death, Daenerys rebirth, Red Wedding, Hound vs Brienne, Littlefinger reveal, and Shireen death. That is something else.

I am still skeptical about the overall quality of this season but I think we are in store for more of these and I can't wait.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

Artfully??

I agree with him. He's not wrong in my eyes.

And yet I think this season will win best drama series in every awards show.

Something will happen that's going to break the internet and I have no idea what

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Another little thing I was thinking about all night last night, and all day today, because I couldn't shake it out of my mind, was that it wasn't really Bran that ever said 'Hold the door'. It was Meera, through Bran's warging. Hodor never heard Bran....he heard Meera. Is it possible that Meera can warg too? Her brother could. What if it was Meera all along that made Wyllis, 'Hold the door'?

Hm interesting.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Artfully??

For ****s sake, it's his opinion. You are discussing the quality of a fantasy television series. There's nothing objective to measure your opinions against. There is no right or wrong. If you don't agree with him, fine. Great. Fantastic. You are entitled to think "the books were holding the show back", whatever the **** that means, even though the best moment from last night was handed over to D&D by GRRM himself. But nobody is "wrong" here.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base

Meeras eyes didn't turn all white, so I would say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad