TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I supposed they just agreed to take 1 each to look after them.

In the flashbacks young Reed is blondish and so is Jojen. Meera is dark like Jon. Eh I don't know, she kinda seems like the 'black sheep'.

I just think that'd be kind of... not sure. I don't want to say dumb, but I just don't think I'd like having two of them.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
EmperorEddy touched on this earlier but I'm still kinda confused with the whole CotF and WW angle. Children created White Walkers as a protection against First Men but at some point White Walkers turned rogue and CotF and First Men fought them off together as allies. So why would CotF create White Walkers in first place if there was already peace between First men and CotF? Unless CotF wanted to use WWs to get rid of First Men out of Westeros for good for their invasion decades/centuries ago?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
EmperorEddy touched on this earlier but I'm still kinda confused with the whole CotF and WW angle. Children created White Walkers as a protection against First Men but at some point White Walkers turned rogue and CotF and First Men fought them off together as allies. So why would CotF create White Walkers in first place if there was already peace between First men and CotF? Unless CotF wanted to use WWs to get rid of First Men out of Westeros for good for their invasion decades/centuries ago?

It seems like they created them before the peace as an ultimate weapon, but when they made peace they couldn't control them. Very much a sci-fi trope.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Just don't see what the point would be in suddenly making Meera, a marginal character at best in the show, Jon Snow's sister. Like...what would it accomplish? Why would anyone care?

The show would have to lay a whole lot of groundwork on Meera as a character for it to have any real relevance if they did go that route, IMO.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Just don't see what the point would be in suddenly making Meera, a marginal character at best in the show, Jon Snow's sister. Like...what would it accomplish? Why would anyone care?

The show would have to lay a whole lot of groundwork on Meera as a character for it to have any real relevance if they did go that route, IMO.

I think you nailed it on the head with how I feel. It'd cheapen Jon being a Targaryen IMO

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I don't really see the logistics of it either.

I think it'd be pretty tough to get the Reed name without people batting an eye if she wasn't actually a Reed.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
The easy choice for the death pool is to pick the actress that Arya has to kill. Wouldn't really feel smart getting that one right so I am going to go with Mace Tyrell. Most of the old blood of Westeros has been killed off... probably his turn soon.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Congratulations to Round 5 winner! : The Waffler - The Three-Eyed 'Pigeon' Raven

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

Round 6

SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'The Fair Maiden Bear' Of Tarth
PALE PWNR - Septa 'No Soup For You!' Unella
Emperoreddy - Lancel 'Born Again' Lannister
Chippah - Lancel 'O Brother Where Art Thou' Lannister
darko - Margaery 'My Brother's Keeper' Tyrell
Amazing Kreiderman - High 'Govenor Swann' Sparrow
JDinkalage Morgoone - Tommen 'The Golden Child' Lannister
DuckJet - High 'Was In An Orgy So Good He Gave Up On Life" Sparrow
Bubba Thudd - Loras 'Kill Me Now Tyrell

The Drop - Lancel 'I Stabbed Your Sister' Lannister
Archangel - Rickon 'Ramsay's Boy Toy' Stark
Eazy for Kuzy - Margaery 'THE Queen' Tyrell
StrictlyCommercial - Lancel 'I Gotta Have Faith, Faith, Faith' Lannister
Modo - Tommen "Lil Britches" Lannister
Saskatoon - Mace 'Windoo' Tyrell

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
The one part I didn't like is the whole "if the NK touches you in a vision, it negates the magic spell" angle. Just seemed silly and illogical, even for a fantasy story.

Really loving the show though. So many questions and mysteries and so little time!

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I agree with him. He's not wrong in my eyes.

And yet I think this season will win best drama series in every awards show.

Something will happen that's going to break the internet and I have no idea what
For ****s sake, it's his opinion. You are discussing the quality of a fantasy television series. There's nothing objective to measure your opinions against. There is no right or wrong. If you don't agree with him, fine. Great. Fantastic. You are entitled to think "the books were holding the show back", whatever the **** that means, even though the best moment from last night was handed over to D&D by GRRM himself. But nobody is "wrong" here.

We're all entitled to our opinions, I agree.

Sometimes Sharee just annoys the **** out of me in how he proffers his. No hard feelings though. And Faulk, you still seem to be uncured. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did Summer bleach himself sometime between seasons 1 and 6? He looks nothing like that wolf.

Maybe it was Summer's younger/adolescent color, and then as he aged his hair turned to its adult color? That's a thing right? :laugh: :dunno:

Meeras eyes didn't turn all white, so I would say no.

Ok, that's a good point, however, maybe she didn't warg into anyone per se, but it still clearly looks like it was her that spoke the words, "Hold the door", while Bran was under. That's gotta be or mean something regards to Meera possibly? :dunno:

Do you need some ability to affect people inside someone else's warging? Or could anyone talk to people within some ones elses warg? I thought it was like a private vision, that no one could communicate into?

Is it just me? :laugh:

Not that it really matters, but I did say 3 eyed raven last week as my guess. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but it's the only one I'll probably get right all season lol

got-3.gif

tumblr_mnu0uzryzm1sqcu9ho1_500.gif

344km4I.gif

I am interrested where Jorah Mormonts quest to find the cure for greyscale will go. Greyscale seems almost connected to dragons in some way.
I wonder if he will show up in Oldtown or in Braavos.

And I think Yara Greyjoy will try and get to Daenerys before Euron.

How did Shireen get 'cured'? Shirley, Jorah can find whatever stopped the spread of greyscale on her?

Since last year? Shereen's death?

Honestly, it wasn't as sad for me. It was more shocking than sad.

Bro, you know nothing.

WYMEN MANDERLY

FREY PIE FREY PIE

I hope this isn't a spoiler. :help:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Greyscale is extremely infectious, spread through touch contact with an infected person, or even spread on unsterilized objects that have been touched by the infected.

Jorah shouldn't have to touch his fellows, just touch items that they then touch...

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Ok, that's a good point, however, maybe she didn't warg into anyone per se, but it still clearly looks like it was her that spoke the words, "Hold the door", while Bran was under. That's gotta be or mean something regards to Meera possibly? :dunno:

Do you need some ability to affect people inside someone else's warging? Or could anyone talk to people within some ones elses warg? I thought it was like a private vision, that no one could communicate into?

How did Shireen get 'cured'? Shirley, Jorah can find whatever stopped the spread of greyscale on her?

I can address these two points. I don't think Metra has any power. In my opinion, it was definitely just more along the lines of Bran being able to still have a sense of his surroundings despite being in the dream, it's a pretty common thing in dream sequences in media. Think of them being able to hear the music from in their dream in Inception for example.

Shireen was cured because Stannis shipped in the best maesters from across the world until one finally got it to stop. Jorah likely wouldn't have such resources at his disposal, but he might still get lucky.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Why didn't Jorah just have his arm amputated below the elbow right after he found out he had greyscale? Obviously it's easier said than done but it seems like a better option than just waiting it out and offing yourself when the disease gets too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad