TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I can address these two points. I don't think Metra has any power. In my opinion, it was definitely just more along the lines of Bran being able to still have a sense of his surroundings despite being in the dream, it's a pretty common thing in dream sequences in media. Think of them being able to hear the music from in their dream in Inception for example.

Shireen was cured because Stannis shipped in the best maesters from across the world until one finally got it to stop. Jorah likely wouldn't have such resources at his disposal, but he might still get lucky.

Yeah, makes sense about Bran's awareness as to being able to hear here from 'inside'.
Still, it was Meera that seemed to have in affect, created Hodor by planting that seed in his head, of holding the door, and not Bran.

Anyways, whether or not that means anything down the road, it was still a scene that'll stay with me for a long time. Just so well done.

As for Jorah, he might get lucky, if there's some Essos version of the cure available I guess. I don't understand why this Maester who helped Shireen didn't pass the recipe on to other Maesters, and why he isn't more famous? I mean if you can stop Greyscale, that's like finding Westeros' version of the cure for cancer. His name ought to known the world around.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Congratulations to Round 5 winner! : The Waffler - The Three-Eyed 'Pigeon' Raven

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

Round 6

SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'The Fair Maiden Bear' Of Tarth
PALE PWNR - Septa 'No Soup For You!' Unella
Emperoreddy - Lancel 'Born Again' Lannister
Chippah - Lancel 'O Brother Where Art Thou' Lannister
darko - Margaery 'My Brother's Keeper' Tyrell
Amazing Kreiderman - High 'Govenor Swann' Sparrow
JDinkalage Morgoone - Tommen 'The Golden Child' Lannister
DuckJet - High 'Was In An Orgy So Good He Gave Up On Life" Sparrow
Bubba Thudd - Loras 'Kill Me Now Tyrell

The Drop - Lancel 'I Stabbed Your Sister' Lannister
Archangel - Rickon 'Ramsay's Boy Toy' Stark
Eazy for Kuzy - Margaery 'THE Queen' Tyrell
StrictlyCommercial - Lancel 'I Gotta Have Faith, Faith, Faith' Lannister
Modo - Tommen "Lil Britches" Lannister
Saskatoon - Mace 'Windoo' Tyrell

The Waffler - Missandei 'Miss Sunday'

Last edited:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
As for Jorah, he might get lucky, if there's some Essos version of the cure available I guess. I don't understand why this Maester who helped Shireen didn't pass the recipe on to other Maesters, and why he isn't more famous? I mean if you can stop Greyscale, that's like finding Westeros' version of the cure for cancer. His name ought to known the world around.

Some maesters just want to watch the world burn. ;)

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I don't really see the logistics of it either.

I think it'd be pretty tough to get the Reed name without people batting an eye if she wasn't actually a Reed.

Reed is one of those names that I consider to be a ******* name, usually short, descriptive names of the region they are from. Snow is ******** in the north. Rivers ******** in the riverlands. Stone I think is ******** in the Vale. Reed would make sense in a swamp although it's never been questioned before. Crackpot theory, the Reed's family origin is some ******* and while Meera could be a ******* herself if Reed is also a ******* name then it wouldn't be questioned.

Meera is the same age as Snow which is where the theory came from and it's older and more discussed on other forums but really that's the only supporting evidence.

Last edited:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Reed is one of those names that I consider to be a ******* name, usually short, descriptive names of the region they are from. Snow is ******** in the north. Rivers ******** in the riverlands. Stone I think is ******** in the Vale. Reed would make sense in a swamp although it's never been questioned before.

Meera is the same age as Snow which is where the theory came from and it's older and more discussed on other forums but really that's the only supporting evidence.

Without looking it up, I can pretty confidently say that Reed is not a ******* name and is in fact a legit family name, just the Reed house isn't one of the bigger houses.

There's an 'official' list of ******* names for different kingdoms in the lore out there somewhere, but from my phone it's too much work to look it up.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Reed is one of those names that I consider to be a ******* name, usually short, descriptive names of the region they are from. Snow is ******** in the north. Rivers ******** in the riverlands. Stone I think is ******** in the Vale. Reed would make since in a swamp.

The House name is Reed.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Greyscale is extremely infectious, spread through touch contact with an infected person, or even spread on unsterilized objects that have been touched by the infected.

Jorah shouldn't have to touch his fellows, just touch items that they then touch...

Deny should've just ordered him to go to Westeros and start touching people. Who needs an army? :sarcasm:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
******* names:

Iron Islands: Pyke
Crownlands: Waters
The Reach: Flowers
Stormlands: Storm
Dorne: Sand
The Westerlands : Hill
The Riverlands: Rivers
The North: Snow
The Vale: Stone

Without looking it up, I can pretty confidently say that Reed is not a ******* name and is in fact a legit family name, just the Reed house isn't one of the bigger houses.

There's an 'official' list of ******* names for different kingdoms in the lore out there somewhere, but from my phone it's too much work to look it up.

Here's 50 arranged by region in a Sporcle Quiz. EDIT: I thought you meant "official" list of house names. Oh well, here's a guessing game anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The House name is Reed.

It is Meera Reed, her father's name is Howland Reed. House Reed is a northern house and they are located out of Moat Calinin.

Moat Calinin is the gate to the north, and the Reeds are the gatekeepers of the north. To go north you have to go through Moat Calinin. Meera and Jon are almost certainly not related.

Meera is also a legitimate child. Nothing to indicate she is a *******

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'll jump on death pool bandwagon finally with a bit of a left-field one I guess.

A girl "Pick on someone with your own visual capabilities" with no name

Not Arya, the other girl.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It is Meera Reed, her father's name is Howland Reed. House Reed is a northern house and they are located out of Moat Calinin.

Moat Calinin is the gate to the north, and the Reeds are the gatekeepers of the north. To go north you have to go through Moat Calinin. Meera and Jon are almost certainly not related.

Meera is also a legitimate child. Nothing to indicate she is a *******

Meera being Jon's sister makes no sense. We have no idea who Jon's real parents are because we don't know his mother. Meera on the other hand, everyone knows Lady Reed gave birth to her, so there is no mystery.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Isn't Jon a targaryen (sp)?

Targareyen's have golden hair.

I think Jon is a Baratheon.
I think when Lyanna was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar, she was already pregnant with Roberts (her husband) child.
By all accounts, Roberts Rebellion lasted "a little less than a year". Possibly... oh... 9 months?
When Ned see's Lyanna at the tower of joy approximately 9 months after kidnapping, she's just given birth to Roberts legitimate son. Making Jon the rightful Baratheon King (after Robert dies).
Why does Lyanna make Ned promise to take Jon? Maybe she herself doesn't know if the child is Robert's or Rhaegar's.

Oh, and remember the premise of season one? "The Baratheon seed is strong". All offspring have black hair, like Jon's. Not Targaryen golden hair.

How's that for tinfoil?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad