TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Targareyen's have golden hair.

I think Jon is a Baratheon.
I think when Lyanna was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar, she was already pregnant with Roberts (her husband) child.
By all accounts, Roberts Rebellion lasted "a little less than a year". Possibly... oh... 9 months?
When Ned see's Lyanna at the tower of joy approximately 9 months after kidnapping, she's just given birth to Roberts legitimate son. Making Jon the rightful Baratheon King.

Oh, and remember the premise of season one? "The Baratheon seed is strong". All offspring have black hair, like Jon's. Not Targaryen golden hair.

How's that for tinfoil?
Banging before marriage? I don't know. Based on Littlefingers reaction, it didn't appear Lyanna was kidnapped and raped. I I doubt she was attracted to Robert.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It is Meera Reed, her father's name is Howland Reed. House Reed is a northern house and they are located out of Moat Calinin.

Moat Calinin is the gate to the north, and the Reeds are the gatekeepers of the north. To go north you have to go through Moat Calinin. Meera and Jon are almost certainly not related.

Meera is also a legitimate child. Nothing to indicate she is a *******

House Reeds is seated at Greywater Watch. Moat Cailin is a fortification at the northern edge of their territory that acts as a choke point into the North.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Yes. I meant that she was promised to Robert. And banging him specifically, I doubt it.

Yeah, I admit it's tinfoily.

But given the timeline for how long the rebellion was, and given what Jon looks like... I think it's almost as likely as Jon being a Targ.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Robert made zero indication during his time alive that he actually spent a night with Lyanna.

Targs have silver hair, not yellow for starters. Also they generally all have that feature because Most Targs are inbred.

Dany is the result of inbreeding. If Jon is the son of Rhyagar and Lyanna he wouldn't be inbred so him having Stark features (which he does. He is a standard looking modern Stark, so is Arya. Sansa takes after Cat) is totally plausible.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

I think when Lyanna was "kidnapped" by Rhaegar, she was already pregnant with Roberts (her husband) child.
By all accounts, Roberts Rebellion lasted "a little less than a year". Possibly... oh... 9 months?
When Ned see's Lyanna at the tower of joy approximately 9 months after kidnapping, she's just given birth to Roberts legitimate son. Making Jon the rightful Baratheon King (after Robert dies).
Why does Lyanna make Ned promise to take Jon? Maybe she herself doesn't know if the child is Robert's or Rhaegar's.

Oh, and remember the premise of season one? "The Baratheon seed is strong". All offspring have black hair, like Jon's. Not Targaryen golden hair.

How's that for tinfoil?

Robert and Lyanna weren't married, only betrothed, but nice try

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Idk. Robert loved her really fiercely. Maybe it's a product of losing his v card to her and then promptly losing her.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But if Jon was a Baratheon, then Ned would probably not keep his identity a secret. He would live a great life being the son of a new King and Robert would treat him well.

Think of the reverse. What would Robert do to a ******* (Snow) fathered by Rhaegar Targaryen?

If Lyanna actually is Jon's mother I see it more likely that his parentage made it necessary for Ned to keep his identity a secret.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ya that is another good point. Ned would never ruin his honor to hide Robert's own son. Even if Jon was born a *******. Robert would legitimize him and that would be that.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I really doubt it, Robert was notorious for messing around with lowborn girls but he would have had more respect for a highborn lady like Lyanna and he was betrothed to her anyway so he would have been able to wait, and not dishonor her because he seemingly liked her so much

But some say that he might not have even loved her really, he hardly actually knew her and he was just in love with the idea of her, she was his and another man stole her. She was just a girl he fancied at the time and tragically lost her, it's not like they had built up undying love for years like Ned and Catelyn did.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
But if Jon was a Baratheon, then Ned would probably not keep his identity a secret. He would live a great life being the son of a new King and Robert would treat him well.

Think of the reverse. What would Robert do to a ******* (Snow) fathered by Rhaegar Targaryen?

If Lyanna actually is Jon's mother I see it more likely that his parentage made it necessary for Ned to keep his identity a secret.

Lyanna is banging Robert. Get's 'kidnapped'. Starts banging Rhaegar. Notices she's pregnant. Doesn't know the father. Knows it would be seen as a Targ regardless. So... "promise me Ned".

Ha, again, just a far fetched theory.
You have to admit... Jon, with that black Baratheon hair being a Targ would be weird.
"The seed is strong..."

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
OK seriously what is the story between the night king and Bran? Why does the night king want to kill him ?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

When Ned see's Lyanna at the tower of joy approximately 9 months after kidnapping, she's just given birth to Roberts legitimate son. Making Jon the rightful Baratheon King (after Robert dies).
Why does Lyanna make Ned promise to take Jon? Maybe she herself doesn't know if the child is Robert's or Rhaegar's.

How's that for tinfoil?

Ned would have just told Robert about Jon, Robert would have legitimized Jon, that would be that.

The only possible rationalization I could see would be that Robert had to marry Cersei to bring the Lannisters to his side and Ned would be afraid the Lannisters would kill Jon to put Cersei's children "with Robert" on the throne instead. Ned would never believe a noble house would kill children like that though among many other reasons I don't buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lyanna is banging Robert. Get's 'kidnapped'. Starts banging Rhaegar. Notices she's pregnant. Doesn't know the father. Knows it would be seen as a Targ regardless. So... "promise me Ned".

Ha, again, just a far fetched theory.
You have to admit... Jon, with that black Baratheon hair being a Targ would be weird.

It's Stark. His dark hair is a Stark feature. He and Arya are supposed to be the two children that look the most Stark and northern.

Targs have silver hair but that doesn't mean half Targs have to have silver hair. Targs kept that feature so much because they were in bred.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
It's Stark. His dark hair is a Stark feature. He and Arya are supposed to be the two children that look the most Stark and northern.

Targs have silver hair but that doesn't mean half Targs have to have silver hair. Targs kept that feature so much because they were in bred.

And that the tower of Joy was about 9 months after the kidnapping?

I don't know man... seems plausible.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ned would have just told Robert about Jon, Robert would have legitimized Jon, that would be that.

The only possible rationalization I could see would be that Robert had to marry Cersei to bring the Lannisters to his side and Ned would be afraid the Lannisters would kill Jon to put Cersei's children "with Robert" on the throne instead. Ned would never believe a noble house would kill children like that though among many other reasons I don't buy it.

On Stannis wedding night Robert deflowered a highborn girl in Stannis bed and gave birth to a ******* named Edric Storm. Stannis blames this for being the reason he could never produce a son.

Interesting that you say this. I have a theory regarding the death of Lyanna. I think it was Tywin Lannister who conspired to have Lyanna killed, so that Robert would marry Cersei instead and the Lannisters would be part of the royal family. Apparently, Tywin wanted to marry Cersei to Rhaegar but the Mad King refused and chose Elia Martell instead.

Tywin got what he wanted in the end, his daughter and grandchildren on the Iron Throne.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Ned knew that the Lannister men killed the Targaryen children at King's Landing and that Robert had ordered Viserys and Daenerys killed as well. Pretty sure Ned knew there were Houses capable of killing kids.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
It really really isn't. For a multitude of reasons already listed.

I'm honestly not sure if a black haired Targ is more or less plausible...
Also, besides for the hair colour thing, it seems rather obvious that Jon's a Targ. Which isn't really Martin's style.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
One more thing, Meera is going to need help to pull Bran around in the snowstorm. She will be exhausted at some point, and the wights will catch up. She's got at most a couple hundred feet on them, that's not a lot of ground. In comes Drogon, or Benjen, or a random horse controlled by Bran to get them out of trouble.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I can't see Meera dying. I feel like her and Bran will be joined at the hip for awhile and we'll get a subplot of Meera being constantly pissed off because her brother died for this kid and that they are constantly on the run now. I'm sure sooner rather then later we'll hear the line "what the hell am I still doing with you" or something of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad