TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
One more thing, Meera is going to need help to pull Bran around in the snowstorm. She will be exhausted at some point, and the wights will catch up. She's got at most a couple hundred feet on them, that's not a lot of ground. In comes Drogon, or Benjen, or a random horse controlled by Bran to get them out of trouble.

Oooohhh... Drogon.... Never thought of that.
Would be awesome!!!

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Oh crap. Just had a friend point this out to me.

The white walkers killed Summer.

Summer is dead.

Winter is coming.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
One more thing, Meera is going to need help to pull Bran around in the snowstorm. She will be exhausted at some point, and the wights will catch up. She's got at most a couple hundred feet on them, that's not a lot of ground. In comes Drogon, or Benjen, or a random horse controlled by Bran to get them out of trouble.

I think the answer to that is in the cast of next week's episode.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I really doubt it, Robert was notorious for messing around with lowborn girls but he would have had more respect for a highborn lady like Lyanna and he was betrothed to her anyway so he would have been able to wait, and not dishonor her because he seemingly liked her so much

But some say that he might not have even loved her really, he hardly actually knew her and he was just in love with the idea of her, she was his and another man stole her. She was just a girl he fancied at the time and tragically lost her, it's not like they had built up undying love for years like Ned and Catelyn did.

In the show he seemed like he loved her. Went to visit her crypt first thing at arriving in Winterfell, telling Ned she shouldnt be buried there and then theres Cersei's story about Robert whispering her name while they were having sex and Cersei realizing that it wasnt because he hated her but because he loved Lyanna

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Oooohhh... Drogon.... Never thought of that.
Would be awesome!!!

It wouldn't be very original though, as Drogon saved Dany last season. I expect something more clever from GRRM/D&D.

Drogon could not only fend off the wights by burning them, he could also lead Bran and Meera to safety quickly. I'm curious to see what will save them, I don't expect them to simply die at the hands of the wights in the middle of nowhere north of the wall. Bran has so many things to discover in his flashbacks.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I think it would be hilarious if Jon's father turned out to be Mace Tyrell or some other afterthought character like that.

Or if Hodor was somehow his father, that would be perfect.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
If Jon was Roberts kid, he would have let Robert in on the secret.

Maybe Robert didn't know she was pregnant (she had been kidnapped for 9 months). Maybe Lyanna didn't know who the father was.
There was no dna testing back then... maybe Lyanna knew regardless who the father was, the kid would be killed as a Targaryen.
Know what's a good sign of who the father was? That Jon has black Baratheon hair. "The seed is strong".

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
You wonder how it's even remotely possible for them to escape. At the pace they were being dragged, it looked like Meera was basically still probably within running distance of the hoard by the time they get through Hodor.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Targs have silver hair but that doesn't mean half Targs have to have silver hair. Targs kept that feature so much because they were in bred.

I don't know... Daenery's and Visrery's hair wasn't silver in the show. Far more blondish.
This is what silver hair looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMWSSmmLoX4
Daenery's doesn't look like that.

Or do you mean in the books? Well, when someone else talked about eye color in the books, you said this:
"That's pure book feature. The purple eyes didn't transfer to the show. " So they can't bring up book arguments, but you can?

Seems your stance flip flops based on the current argument.
Jon may not be a Baratheon....
but... I don't care if time travel is involved, or if the space time continuum is disrupted. His DARK BLACK hair means he's not a Targ.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Jon's dad is Bronn

Turns out it was meant to be spelled Jonn

I miss the Bronn and Tyrion/Jaime roadshows. The show doesn't really have a good roadshow anymore. Tormund/Brienne would be hilarious, but they seem to be going opposite directions.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
The hair color is irrelevant because of inbreeding.

Both of Rhaegars kids had Targ coloured hair. And his wife was a brunette Martell.

Robert was infatuated with Lyanna. And the Tower of Joy was 9 months after she was kidnapped from Robert. And Jon has black Baratheon hair. What i would call the opposite of Targ hair... I mean, they spelled it out for us in season one "the seed is strong." Jeez, come on... what more can they do?

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I want to join in the death pool.I pick "I liked the other guy better" Daario Naharis. He seems pointless at the moment and Daenerys needs to get mad at someone so she can kill them with dragon fire.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
But if Jon was a Baratheon, then Ned would probably not keep his identity a secret. He would live a great life being the son of a new King and Robert would treat him well.

Think of the reverse. What would Robert do to a ******* (Snow) fathered by Rhaegar Targaryen?

If Lyanna actually is Jon's mother I see it more likely that his parentage made it necessary for Ned to keep his identity a secret.

He could've been in a predicament. When he snatched the baby he thought the baby was a Targ but only later realised that may not be the case (possibly a Baratheon because of the hair). Kinda better to shut up at that point because what he did is treason of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad