Post-Game Talk: GAME #9 - Canucks 3 @ Oilers 2 - Mancrush on Chris Manev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottrockztheworld*

Oh yeah I love Hamhuis but my god man if you're going to shoot get the puck through! Aggravating watching him on the PP recently.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
oiler fan. i guess that even's it for the opener. i thought the NHL team won. My Oilers still don't look like an NHL team yet. they try Junior plays. they're just not there yet.

Your 'Nucks won't need to worry about the Oil till next year.

IMHO Edmonton should try and get Doan out of Phx if they relocate. I think he'd do wonders for a team like the oilers. They need a guy that hates losing that much and who can help change the mindset of the kids into men. It's Neverland there, Taylor Hall and the Lost Boys.

Last edited:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Don Taylor was saying that too. Did I miss something? The OT was exciting, but nothing else.

My face the entire game:
BCUNZG2CEAAuZwj.jpg

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Just me or does Hall not look elite? I always figured him for a 60-70ish point guy.

To me he looks like the weak link amongst the 'Kids'.
With the contracts they've so far handed out (Eberle, Hall) they are going to have to let one of the kids go when RNH, Yakupov and Schultz are looking for new contracts and I'd put my money on it being Hall.
I'm not gonna lie I don't watch Edmonton regularly but every game I've seen him in he just hasn't looked in the same class as RNH, Eberle, Yak. Christ, even Hemsky looks better than him at the moment and people think his contract is gross!

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I thought the Canucks played OK, but their PP is horrendous. They desparately need a PP QB - Edler is not the guy. Hamhuis is not PP type player. Garrison is a second pairing at best.

Just a thought, but what about Visnovsky? He's got a bad cap hit, but would the Isles take Ballard and a prospect for him? He's contract runs out this year and he has good offensive upside.

I don't know - they need someone - someone who can get a shot through traffic and hit the net.
Just a random thought (might be the booze kicking in, so don't jump all over me...), how giving Schroeder a shot at the point in a power play?

John Bender*

Oh yeah I love Hamhuis but my god man if you're going to shoot get the puck through! Aggravating watching him on the PP recently.

He's not a PP type player. Not his fault, but the Canucks don't have a proper top pairing PP on Defense. Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis, are all second pairing PP players.

I'd almost hope they go and try a forward back there with Edler....maybe Burrows? I don't know - they need to alter things dramatically.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Just a random thought (might be the booze kicking in, so don't jump all over me...), how giving Schroeder a shot at the point in a power play?

No, I think he might be too tempted to be one fo those inconsiderate jerks who doesn't give the other team time to get setup for shot blocks before shooting.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Schroeder only played less than the Sedins and Burrows on offence ( and Raymond by 7 seconds)

Played in the last minute of regulation, played in OT. He might not be producing yet, but kid can hold his own. He looked great out there tonight with Hansen:handclap:

I actually didn't like Schroeder's offensive game tonight. His play without the puck has been a positive but with the puck he's been a disappointment IMO. Just doesn't look like he can beat NHL defenders with the puck on his stick, shoots wide on his scoring chances, doesn't draw defenders out of position to set up his wingers very often...

Does anyone look less dangerous than Chris Higgins? Has he finished a check this season?

The Canucks are really in need of another forward with a high skillevel and some creativity. A guy like David Perron would do wonders for our safe, predictable offense.

40 shots on Dubnyk, but as usual, too many of the non dangerous variety.

Tanev and Ballard continue to impress.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I actually didn't like Schroeder's offensive game tonight. His play without the puck has been a positive but with the puck he's been a disappointment IMO. Just doesn't look like he can beat NHL defenders with the puck on his stick, shoots wide on his scoring chances, doesn't draw defenders out of position to set up his wingers very often...

It's a wonder this team scored their only 2 regulation goals with him on the ice...

John Bender*

To me he looks like the weak link amongst the 'Kids'.
With the contracts they've so far handed out (Eberle, Hall) they are going to have to let one of the kids go when RNH, Yakupov and Schultz are looking for new contracts and I'd put my money on it being Hall.
I'm not gonna lie I don't watch Edmonton regularly but every game I've seen him in he just hasn't looked in the same class as RNH, Eberle, Yak. Christ, even Hemsky looks better than him at the moment and people think his contract is gross!

Hall's a lot like Booth (albiet better), but his game is all about driving to the net with speed.

Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Schultz, Yakupov.......they are all superstar talents, but I don't see it in Hall.

(side note: Eberle, Nugent Hopkins, Schultz, and Yakupov were all very underwhelming tonight).

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Wow, for all the people who love to write about how the Canucks won but played lousy, there's your game, have at 'er. For me, a win's a win, good job boys, they can't all be pretty. Sometimes the ugly ones are the best of all.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
IMHO Edmonton should try and get Doan out of Phx if they relocate. I think he'd do wonders for a team like the oilers. They need a guy that hates losing that much and who can help change the mindset of the kids into men.

Doan isn't going to be interested in going there. Besides the fact that he's never going to leave Phoenix, he'd likely want to go to a Cup contender and get one final chance, not to (solely) mentor.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Hall's a lot like Booth (albiet better), but his game is all about driving to the net with speed.

Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Schultz, Yakupov.......they are all superstar talents, but I don't see it in Hall.

(side note: Eberle, Nugent Hopkins, Schultz, and Yakupov were all very underwhelming tonight).

Definitely better hands than Booth but I wouldn't say he has the strength yet, always seems to go down way too easily.

And yes the Kids weren't great at all tonight, probably the highlight of the game for me, the fact we managed to keep them off the scoresheet.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
I Love our Goalie Situation!

Great First Career NHL Goal Tanev!

So Cool seeing Luongo give his stick away after the game in Edmonton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad