GDT: Game 8: Sharks (7-0-1) @ Ducks (5-1-1) 7:00pm PST

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
That's purely for defensive reasons late in the third. Boudreau did it in the Kings game also. When the game is tight he moves to Ryan - Bonino - Selanne as that line is more reliable in their own end.

That wouldn't bother me, but Palmieri wasn't on 2nd line at all. It was Beleskey-Ryan-Selanne. Which was stupid. They want to play a more defensive lineup later in the game fine, but taking him off that line the whole game was asinine.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Guenin is not a big physical player he is nothing more than a #7
I have to think Allen will improve but like Paul said he is a #4-6
Anything more is a liability

Problem is there isn't many other options. I wouldn't mind seeing Lydman or even Sbisa get a shot, but there's no question that Allen needs to have some of the load taken off.

iq0

Nov 10, 2010
Great win!
That game included the worst 5 on 3 I've ever seen, honestly.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Maybe but he seemed just ok last year havent really heard how hes been doing so far.
still pissed we just didnt keep Brookbank

this i can agree with. i really liked brookbank when he was here and last year he played like a great bottom pairing defenseman..

if we had brookbank then we could run

beach-souray
lydman-fowler
sbisa-brookbank and i think thats a pretty sweet d-core.

P.S. even though sourays been frigin awesome these last couple games.. i still really think we'll regret his contract in year 2.5-3

P.P.S get belesky off our damn frist PP unit please. and perry really needs to wake up, i dont know whats wrong with him but does he realize that its a contract year..

Oct 18, 2011
Great win!
That game included the worst 5 on 3 I've ever seen, honestly.
it's ok, it worked out
that rule is stupid and it was a questionable call
beating them without the 5 on 3 feels better, sharks fans can't say they got robbed

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Minus the excessive stupid penalties Allen has done what he was brought to do
Now if they can work with him to eliminate those mistakes

I dont want to see Allen replaced jst yet, because we do finally have a gritty and physical backend, which I like and I dont think that any of the other options would fill that void.

Id like to see him played solely in a 3rd pairing role and see if that helps. Beauch-Souray have the dirty minutes anyways and Lydman-Fowler are a great #2 pairing.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
did anyone see KP late in 3rd? any wierd play where he could have gotten hurt?

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
did anyone see KP late in 3rd? any wierd play where he could have gotten hurt?

He played the first ~13 or so minutes, but BB cut down to three lines for the last part of the game and wanted to use the 3 natural centers instead of Bobby there.

crunchyblack*

it's ok, it worked out
beating them without the 5 on 3 feels better, sharks fans can't say they got robbed

The reffing was terrible all game, not just that call. Also, you did see the first goal right? And gomez scored the second one after the awesome basketball pick by Getzy. Anyways, carry on. :)

Edit: I do have to say tho, Fasth's NHL 13 poke check was awesome lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
it's ok, it worked out

They are anyway.

Getzlaf pick. Bad ice. ****** boards. Not having their top 2 D in. you name it. Everything is being mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad