GDT: Game 8: Sharks (7-0-1) @ Ducks (5-1-1) 7:00pm PST

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Now they are rushing the "what building has the worst crowds" thread to point us out :laugh:

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Now they are rushing the "what building has the worst crowds" thread to point us out :laugh:

Lol I noticed this. I'm not sure why, but Sharks fans really have a problem with the Ducks beating them. In b4 someone posts the crying video

* dammit at above haha, good call

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
He played the first ~13 or so minutes, but BB cut down to three lines for the last part of the game and wanted to use the 3 natural centers instead of Bobby there.
thanks guys...thats what i was hoping

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Another great game for Bonino. Made nice passes, great in the faceoff circle, and my God, he's great defensively

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Just got done watching the game.

My impressions:

1st line - Getzlaf and Perry were brutal at times, lost way too many puck battles. That line didn't look good until Etem was put with them and he gave that line instant energy.

2nd line - Meh, althought I'm really starting to like Ryan at center.

3rd line - Solid once WKC was put back together. STOP CHANGING IT BB!

4th line - I thought they were good, I was impressed by Staubitz. Bonino was awesome, and his recent versatility is good to see. Also was big on FO's!

Allen/Vatanen - Struggled in their own end. Allen was horrid, and Vatanen, outside of that one pass, played ok. He just needs to get stronger as he was manhandled a couple times defensively.

Souray/Beauch - BEAST.

Sbisa/Lydman - Solid, I thought both were very good on special teams.

Fasth - Solid, made big saves when we needed it. Rebound control still needs work, but he seemed more aware of where they were tonight.

PK - Awesome

PP - Hate the combinations and the execution. Consistently sloppy and getting outworked. Unacceptable.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Better to ask it in this thread..

How was Vatanen in hes second game? Going to watch the game after work.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That wouldn't bother me, but Palmieri wasn't on 2nd line at all. It was Beleskey-Ryan-Selanne. Which was stupid. They want to play a more defensive lineup later in the game fine, but taking him off that line the whole game was asinine.

I see your point - yeah those initial lines bothered me as well. Palmieri played on the second line for the second period though and some of the third I'm pretty sure. I agree Palmieri should be there ahead of Beleskey.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Better to ask it in this thread..

How was Vatanen in hes second game? Going to watch the game after work.
I agree with post #835 comments about Vatanen.

Sami and Allen pair just don't work...no chemistry...Allen's brain is not in the same level with Sami

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Another good win...Fasth played unbelievable (THAT POKECHECK!)

Bryan Allen was godawful...and the PP really let the team down tonight.

Otherwise, loved the fight the Ducks had tonight. PK made up for the anemic PP.

Corey Perry*

I would be nice to have the Samueli's put some $ towards seamless boards and a better ice cooling system, like Burke used to mention.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Something you don't see very often - Koivu only 35% on the dot. Getzlaf was only 31% as well. Thankfully Bonino was 67%. SJ are a tough team on faceoffs though.

Oct 18, 2011
hope we get Cam back soon, we won't win on the road with such poor PP play, if we had him on that 5 on 3 i bet it woulda looked alot better

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
needs work. lots of potential for sure though

Agreed...not NHL ready yet, but encouraging to see his play nevertheless. Very, very aggressive (probably too aggressive). Good puck-mover as advertised.

Speaking of young players...Etem had his best game tonight. That speed was incredible.

Staubitz>>>>>DSP at this point and he can fight. Keep him in.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I would be nice to have the Samueli's put some $ towards seamless boards and a better ice cooling system, like Burke used to mention.

There is not much that can be done with Honda Center ice. The only thing Burke could do was to cool the building down a few degrees on game day. There are too many events at the HC that play havoc with the ice surface (same problem with other high traffic venues like Madison Square Garden and Staples Center).

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I just loved how Perry buried his face in his gloves when Souray released that howitzer. :laugh: He was like "eff the tip in, I'm getting the hell out of the way".

Corey Perry*

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad