GDT: Game 8: Sharks (7-0-1) @ Ducks (5-1-1) 7:00pm PST

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
did fasth play the whole game? All the box scores are having hiller in the net for awhile...

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Guys we can all agree that it wouldve been like 5-2 San Jose if Boyle was playing right? :sarcasm:

getzforfighting*

hiller needs to step it up or fasth is gunna take his jerb

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Good game. As much as I hate how Boudreau has handled the first line (until he put Etem there at least) and PP units I've got to give him credit for the Souray - Beauchemin pairing. Never in a million years did I think those two would work together but they've been very solid.

I think when everyone is healthy and assuming Ryan keeps playing well in the middle I would try:
Etem - Getzlaf - Perry
Palmieri - Ryan - Selanne
Cogs - Koivu - Winnik
Beleskey - Bonino - Staubitz/DSP

Souray - Beauchemin
Lydman - Fowler
Allen - Sbisa

i dont know if you can split up allen and fowler, mostly because the greatness of fowler is what covers for allen sometimes. dont know if sbisa has that capability

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Im betting BB takes out Staubitz next game for useless lazy DSP
Great win Allen is just playing stupid he does some great things and the desperately needs his size but man he just doesnt play smart. We have nobody to replace him so he has to be out there
Vaatanan will and should sit when Cam comes back
Etem looks better each game

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
In spite of Allen's performance, this team played pretty strong D. Offense kept the pressure up all night. Fire Carlyle!!!

I know what Beauch can do but other than the first couple games have been impressed with that pairing with Souray. Seems to be the go to which right now is fine with me.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
did fasth play the whole game? All the box scores are having hiller in the net for awhile...
This league is ridiculous sometimes.:laugh:

I can assure you that Fasth was in net all night. Don't pay attention to those sites. They just aren't watching the game apparently.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
i dont know if you can split up allen and fowler, mostly because the greatness of fowler is what covers for allen sometimes. dont know if sbisa has that capability

They should be fine if they're only playing third pairing minutes. Allen has been asked to play against other teams top players too much - he was always a 4th/5th guy in Carolina yet until last game he was being asked to play #2-3 minutes so far this season.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Great win Allen is just playing stupid he does some great things and the desperately needs his size but man he just doesnt play smart. We have nobody to replace him so he has to be out there
We could call up Clark. He's not as big, but I honestly think he'd be better.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Getzlaf getting a star is a joke. Beauchemin, Couture, or even Marleau should have gotten it over him.

Top line was ****. Someone needs to punch BB in the face for his lines and defensive pairings tonight.

2nd line has been money, lets change it... Wtf

3rd line has played great... Change it.

Sbisa has his best game with Vatanen, lets switch that up...

I thought we played great in 1st and about half the 2nd. Played like total **** in 3rd IMO.

Fasth was very good.

Allen was crap. Lydman wasn't much better IMO. Sbisa just slightly better than Lydman. All 3 had subpar games IMO.

Bonino is still not a 2nd line center but his improvement in other areas should send Rakkel back to juniors IMO.

I don't understand the reasoning for moving Palmieri off 2nd line.

I realize Beleskey isn't a top line forward but that's no reason to break up our other top two lines.

Bbird80

Oct 2, 2005
What a game by Fasth! Beauchemin and Souray with a brilliant performance as well. The PP never clicked but who cares, first team to win SJ in regulation :)

Not so good game by Vatanen, made at least one bad choice with the puck and that ended up in an Allen penalty. But boy is Allen a hazard. The Ducks had to play the last 15 mins with 4 defencemen. And as they tried to get Allen there -> a penalty.

Etem deserves a shot in the first, looked great out there! Love his speed and work ethic. Ok, on to work now. Get well soon, Fowler.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I agree.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
We are so wrong about the Souray and Allen signings. Souray was great (except on that 5 on 3).

Fasth was stellar again today. Some fantastic saves in the third period.

Overall, great team effort, can't believe we are having such a great start. Regardless of what it is, I do applaud BB for working this team into playing their strengths.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't understand the reasoning for moving Palmieri off 2nd line.

That's purely for defensive reasons late in the third. Boudreau did it in the Kings game also. When the game is tight he moves to Ryan - Bonino - Selanne as that line is more reliable in their own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad