Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

ThorntonTears.jpg

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I just loved how Perry buried his face in his gloves when Souray released that howitzer. :laugh: He was like "eff the tip in, I'm getting the hell out of the way".

I was noticing last game that the Ducks' players just get out of the way a la Fulton Reed slapshots. :laugh:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I lived up here then. IT. WAS. AMAZING.

I bet. Would've been fun to have been to the first two games too. :laugh:

I hope we see

Etem-Getz-Perry
Palms-Ryan-Selanne
great line
Bonino's line

against the Avs. Really think Etem adds needed speed to the twins game.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Sharks fans are just horrible poor sportsmen.

The Ducks lose to the Sharks, they come in here to rub it in to find that we were happy with the game, and throw a ***** fit.

The Ducks win, and they complain about fluke goals, crappy ice, bad reffing, injured Sharks players and then point out that the crowd at Honda Center isn't as loud as it should be.

It's pretty pathetic.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Fasth is a first goalie in Ducks history to win his first 3 games in NHL. He and Winnik - who are those guys? Just coming in and breaking the records :laugh:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ok, I criticized him, I'll give him credit - amazing save on that breakaway on the 5v3 by Fasth, and he looked pretty good after settling down. Thank you Souray for batting that rebound out of the crease at the end of the game though.

Am I homering to say that even though the Ducks play a very defensive system that they still play an entertaining style of hockey? I'm also starting to think that BB is extremely underrated as a coach.

Corey Perry*

Had lots of extra chromosome d-bags flip us off as they left, when it was obvious that their dream team had congealed into a nightmare. Poor ****ers. I'm sure quite a few are still in therapy.

I started doing the Shark chomp to a few of their faces, along with a few guys sitting next to me, after we won. I thought it was pretty funny.

maplehawk

HFB Partner
That was my first live viewing of Etem since his Medicine Hat days and I left extremely impressed.

Although his audition has been brief, he's looked to be the best fit beside Getz/Perry yet. His speed and tenacity on the forecheck opens up a lot of room. Kid's always had a motor on him, nice to see him utilize it at this level.

That drive wide and cut towards the net in the 2nd(?) tonight was vintage Etem from his WHL days. If he continues doing that, he'll be successful at the NHL level.

Fasth was brilliant down the stretch.

Ramenbot

May 2, 2010
Burbank
Anaheim will always have finnish fans lol. Selanne lol. It was 5AM when the game started lol. Now it's 7:40AM lol, so some of them might be on their way to work lol. I have to go at least lol. Vatanen is not ready lol. He might need a full season in the AHL lol. But he is a fine prospect lol.

I concur lol.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Finally, found the song that is played @ HC after a win (there were different song at the end of Canucks game). Downloaded couple of games to foind out (it was reaally hard to understand the song with Hazy talking over it :laugh: )

I kind of knew it was the Vaccines (a lot of you might not know the band, since it`s from England), but i wasn`t sure which song. So, here it is:

Kind of OT maybe, but someone might find this usefull.

Congrats on the win! We looked very bad at some points, though, but good to see we can get away with that. That shows something

gogo78

Jan 27, 2013
Hey folks, really.
Sharks counts berfore this game was 7-0-1 and goals 30-14(!).
Now they score 1 and take 2 in.
So our defense must be something else than just crap and it seems to be quite hard to score agaist Sharks.

Oct 18, 2011
That was my first live viewing of Etem since his Medicine Hat days and I left extremely impressed.

Although his audition has been brief, he's looked to be the best fit beside Getz/Perry yet. His speed and tenacity on the forecheck opens up a lot of room. Kid's always had a motor on him, nice to see him utilize it at this level.

That drive wide and cut towards the net in the 2nd(?) tonight was vintage Etem from his WHL days. If he continues doing that, he'll be successful at the NHL level.

Fasth was brilliant down the stretch.
I think we're all very surprised by how good Etem looks, ever since training camp he really took another step in development. not only is he fast but he is physical, he makes things happen.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hey folks, really.
Sharks counts berfore this game was 7-0-1 and goals 30-14(!).
Now they score 1 and take 2 in.
So our defense must be something else than just crap and it seems to be quite hard to score agaist Sharks.

I have to agree, actually. But it is a strong team effort, rather than just defense. Our forwards are forechecking pretty hard a lot of times and we make defense with our offense. The SA-SF difference is amazing between Carlyle (last) years and Bruce.

Idk how, but faceoffs (even with this horrible game by Getz) improved drastically too under Bruce, along with other things. I liked Carlyle, he was our cup coach, but i have hard time not liking Bruce, even though, next game @ Colorado our lineup will probably look something like:

Allen-Getzlaf-Perry
Staubitz-Ryan-Selanne
Fasth-Koivu-Winnik
Etem-Bonino-Sbisa

Fowler-Beleskey
Souray-Beauchemin
Lydman-Palmieri

Hiller
Cogliano

:sarcasm:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I have to agree, actually. But it is a strong team effort, rather than just defense. Our forwards are forechecking pretty hard a lot of times and we make defense with our offense. The SA-SF difference is amazing between Carlyle (last) years and Bruce.

Idk how, but faceoffs (even with this horrible game by Getz) improved drastically too under Bruce, along with other things. I liked Carlyle, he was our cup coach, but i have hard time not liking Bruce, even though, next game @ Colorado our lineup will probably look something like:

Allen-Getzlaf-Perry
Staubitz-Ryan-Selanne
Fasth-Koivu-Winnik
Etem-Bonino-Sbisa

Fowler-Beleskey
Souray-Beauchemin
Lydman-Palmieri

Hiller
Cogliano

:sarcasm:

You going to deprive these forums of vatanen?

getzforfighting*

as bad as allen has looked out there i really think he brings that scary look and is still bringing something to the table. when fowler returns id much rather him in then vatanen

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Finally, found the song that is played @ HC after a win (there were different song at the end of Canucks game). Downloaded couple of games to foind out (it was reaally hard to understand the song with Hazy talking over it :laugh: )

I kind of knew it was the Vaccines (a lot of you might not know the band, since it`s from England), but i wasn`t sure which song. So, here it is:

Kind of OT maybe, but someone might find this usefull.

Congrats on the win! We looked very bad at some points, though, but good to see we can get away with that. That shows something

Do you know what song is played after the corny Wild Wing lamp lighting as well? When the orange is poppin' up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So it was my first game of the season, and i decided to see us light the lamp... and wow!

i dont really think ive ever been so disappointed, scratch that corey perrys play might be topping that right now.

Glad we beat the sharks, glad their fans have every excuse under the sun as to why the lost. I wish burns and boyle would come back so theyd run out of excuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad