Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
No to Max Domi.

Just dumb penalties galore. I see "tough" thrown around but he only had a higher hits/60 than two forwards on the Toronto Maples Leafs... Mitch Marner and William Nylander.
He doesnt score goals. If he did, Id say OK - you have someone who will drop gloves and score a few... but since he doesnt hit, agree no way.

Reactions: chris kontos

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Domi had 47 points in 80 games and 4 points in 7 playoff games. He also had 6 fights.

Those are the type of stats Kings were hoping for when they traded all those assets for PLD and paid him 8.5 million.

I would take Domi, at 29, with those stats, for 4 million.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaper45

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Domi had 47 points in 80 games and 4 points in 7 playoff games. He also had 4 fights.

Those are the type of stats Kings were hoping for when they traded all those assets for PLD and paid him 8.5 million.

I would take Domi, at 29, with those stats, for 4 million.
Hits>Fights.

He got his ass whooped by Bennett, Ian Cole, and only won against 19 year old Simon Nemec.

Max Domi is a 5'9", punching bag, that takes a ridiculous amount of minor penalties.

Reactions: chris kontos

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Please hockey gods, let him sign elsewhere.. we've had to stomach enough bad dealings under this regime.. give us fans a break. amen

Roy is already a lose-lose after Blake refused to deal him at the deadline all so we could win one f***ing playoff game.

Either we re-sign him for way too much or he walks for free.

Surfs up!

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Roy is already a lose-lose after Blake refused to deal him at the deadline all so we could win one f***ing playoff game.

Surfs up!

Everything Blake does loses value for the franchise.. he looks like he's moving fwd but keeps moving backward... sorta like this dude

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Its weird to think about how to flesh out the roster with the money available when you know its just going to push the team further into no man's land. Like what imaginary scenario do i need to paint, so i can make decisions on what players to obtain? Tell me how you guys are doing it.. e.g. well Im going with - our out players are fine, we just need goaltending.. or we can live with Kuemper/Rittich - they are fine.. we just need to sign a couple of top 6 fwds to replace PLD and RV.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Here are all of Pat Brisson's clients that are UFAs:

Alexander Wennberg
Tyler Toffoli
Erik Johnson
Matt Duchene
Mike Reilly
Patrick Kane
Kyle Okposo
Daniel Sprong
Tony DeAngelo
Mike Reilly
Tyler Motte
Justin Bailey
John Hayden
Jack Johnson
Caleb Jones
Is duchene any good?

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Best we can do is sign Max Domi in 2024...?

200w.gif

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Duchene would be interesting, but would annoy me because it would mess with center depth and Byfield getting play. I know he has also played as a right wing, but I know he would see time as a center sooner or later :P

I have a feeling we are going to end up bringing back Toffoli :P

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024

Surfs up!
I would call Boston, Toronto, Rangers and see if bv they want early negotiating rights for a 4th or any team for that matter.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Duchene is enticing but he was so good last year because he fit really well on that Dallas squad. Didn't realize he's an upcoming UFA, but I think he re-signs with the Stars.

Still think Stamkos would be worth a shot which would track for Blake cuz signing him wouldn't commit to a full rebuild, more like a half assed re-tool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad