Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - SIXTY WINS AND COUNTING

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
When you get a lindholm for 1st and 2 seconds and now is a 50 point plus dman with a plus 47 you probably can flip him for 2 firsts and a second. When you get a 25 yr old zacha for a 32 year old haula and you can flip for a 1st and a decent prospect. When you get a vezina trophy winner out of free agency and can flip for a 1st and other goodies that's whats you call a solid general manager. Donny one of the best in the business. Period.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
In case anyone is interested, the BRUINS are 9-3 in back-to backs so far this season. Amazingly, that percentage is below their full season point percentage.
Amazing. Thanks for that stat! LY……it would be maybe .500 at best as they had very little pushback in either the first or second game. Once again what a difference this year has been!

CapeCodder442

Feb 14, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
I know it’s been a bit of a drought, but no one’s talking about how Steenz got a goal at the age of 3.

Attachments

• 64F63337-A845-4A1C-9840-621361BAAA3E.jpeg
    64F63337-A845-4A1C-9840-621361BAAA3E.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 3

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
When you get a lindholm for 1st and 2 seconds and now is a 50 point plus dman with a plus 47 you probably can flip him for 2 firsts and a second. When you get a 25 yr old zacha for a 32 year old haula and you can flip for a 1st and a decent prospect. When you get a vezina trophy winner out of free agency and can flip for a 1st and other goodies that's whats you call a solid general manager. Donny one of the best in the business. Period.
If I was a rookie GM, I’d call Sweeney and ask him if there are any players on my team he is interested in trading for.
Then I’d sign those players to long term contracts.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
IIRC, Tampa hadn't lost consecutive games all regular season and had no adversity to overcome until the playoffs. Kucherov f***ed them too with the brainless hit at the end of game 2 that got him suspended the following game.
Yeah the Bolts screwed up good (which was great to see) and it opened the door for the Bruins to make a run, but they learned from it and went on to win 2 Cups back to back afterwards

The Bruins however might not have another chance at this fantastic run in the near future, (although this team is full of surprises) so I want them to make the right decisions on which players to rest and which ones to keep playing for the remainder of the season to get them as ready as possible for the long haul in the playoffs....and I could care less if they hit 62 or 63 wins if it jeopardizes their playoff chances

Marchand needs a good break starting a week ago, and I don't know why they insist on playing him every game this week when there's something very off with his game

I'd rest any player over 30 or with nagging injuries for most of the remaining 5 games, and play as many of the younger players just to get thru the rest of the regular season, and records be damned....because nobody will care about any regular season records if they don't win it all

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
If I was a rookie GM, I’d call Sweeney and ask him if there are any players on my team he is interested in trading for.
Then I’d sign those players to long term contracts.
:laugh::laugh:

Donny's smart, but not THAT smart, but he's done a great job the last couple years

Reactions: Gordoff

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I watched the games afterwards, I managed not to peek at the score. I did ask a friend to let me know if the game was worth watching but not to tell me anything else, she said to go for it, so I knew it was most likely a win. Charlie the SO legend has arrived!

I felt bad for Orlov, that was a great goal, he was so happy. The PP is looking much better, I love Bert - imagine if he hadn't had his 4 (?) other goals called off? Wow!

For me, Brad hangs on to the puck too long, definitely trying to do too much. He is stubborn, at least 3 days rest is now mandatory. We are so close, I wish he would just take the time, it wouldn't do him any harm.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I think at this point, being this close while still resting guys, that record will start to feel a little more important. Can't tell me as a professional athlete that having your team be placed in the record books as the best regular season team EVER doesn't mean much? I get the downplaying it but I'd like to see them get it as long as it coincides with resting guys here and there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad