Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - SIXTY WINS AND COUNTING

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Team could be 82-0-0 with a 100% success on the PP and PK and Felger would still find something to cry about

Bruins could go 16-0 in the playoffs on their way to the cup this year and the next day's afternoon show would go like this:

Felger: I'm not impressed! The 1977 Habs won the cup in 14 games, it took the Bruins 16 wins to do it!
Mazz; You're absolutely right, Mike

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bruins could go 16-0 in the playoffs on their way to the cup this year and the next day's afternoon show would go like this:

Felger: I'm not impressed! The 1977 Habs won the cup in 14 games, it took the Bruins 16 wins to do it!
Pretty much and then he'll start railing on the Pats.

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth

Will all 16 games be a shutout? If not why even bother with these chumps.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
When you get a lindholm for 1st and 2 seconds and now is a 50 point plus dman with a plus 47 you probably can flip him for 2 firsts and a second. When you get a 25 yr old zacha for a 32 year old haula and you can flip for a 1st and a decent prospect. When you get a vezina trophy winner out of free agency and can flip for a 1st and other goodies that's whats you call a solid general manager. Donny one of the best in the business. Period.
GM Of The Year.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Felger is an idiot, that is all
He's actually quite smart. I don't believe for a second that he believes the tripe he spews. But he knows that saying controversial and stupid takes riles up the fan base, and gets people talking about him, and gets people listening to his show. So yeah, his takes are incredibly stupid. But I think it's all part of his schtick, and part of his strategy to drive ratings. That said, yes, he's an idiot. :laugh:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He's actually quite smart. I don't believe for a second that he believes the tripe he spews. But he knows that saying controversial and stupid takes riles up the fan base, and gets people talking about him, and gets people listening to his show. So yeah, his takes are incredibly stupid. But I think it's all part of his schtick, and part of his strategy to drive ratings. That said, yes, he's an idiot. :laugh:

It’s the cable news philosophy. Just create an echo chamber and hook viewers/listeners emotionally.

It’s bad for absolutely everyone psychologically and as far as actually gaining real knowledge, but guy(s) doing it make their money.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It’s the cable news philosophy. Just create an echo chamber and hook viewers/listeners emotionally.

It’s bad for absolutely everyone psychologically and as far as actually gaining real knowledge, but guy(s) doing it make their money.
The bandwagoners eat it all up and then when you can easily debunk things, that person is wrong and these morons start screaming that the numbers are wrong and cherry picked or fake. Ryan Johnston rarely responds to Felger but even he was tweeted out stats and explaining things because he was aggravated. I'd be curious to see how many people don't get on the air on Saturday mornings because they are parroting Felger

Reactions: hrdpuk

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

This has been politics 101 for a very long time.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
It's interesting that no one on here listens to Felger, yet every day I'm reading posts about what Felger said, and how wrong he is.

Some one must be listening! LOL

I listen because despite my best efforts, I can't find anything that pisses me off and get's me yelling at the car radio more than sports talk radio!

I must like it, cuz I keep doing it! :ha:

TheFerenceWheel

The Excellence of Execution
May 2, 2011
South Shore, MA
I’m just glad whenever they make a mere mention of the Bruins, cause normally it’s just all “ Mac Jones this, Belichick that, Pats Pats Pats, Kraft etc…..” At least Felger brings them (the Bruins) up. The zolak and Bertrand show literally straight football all the time

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I’m just glad whenever they make a mere mention of the Bruins, cause normally it’s just all “ Mac Jones this, Belichick that, Pats Pats Pats, Kraft etc…..” At least Felger brings them (the Bruins) up. The zolak and Bertrand show literally straight football all the time
I said that a couple months ago about Z/B, Bruins could win the Cup and those guys would start out their show the next day talking about some lineman the Patriots drafted 2 months prior.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Was interesting listening to the Bru guys saying if they wanted Bertuzzi over at RW, they'd probably already be doing it.

The intrigue with where Hall slots is getting spicy.

Reactions: neelynugs

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I said that a couple months ago about Z/B, Bruins could win the Cup and those guys would start out their show the next day talking about some lineman the Patriots drafted 2 months prior.
No, 6 years prior, and "where is he now?" Zolack and Bertrand are the worst. We can hate on Felger all we want but at least he talks Bruins on occasion. I don't mind hearing various opinions but when the subject of the Bruins is completely shut out it's more annoying than simply disagreeing with their take. The thing that bothers me is when a caller calls without any knowledge of the subject and makes us (B's fans) look as dumb or dumber than Felger and Mazz.
***BTW: Isn't there a thread for this?***

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad