Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - SIXTY WINS AND COUNTING

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Rumor is 3 - Bruins would start Marathon Monday
Very cool.

What some posters here from other countries might not know, is what some people in Massachusetts call “Marathon Monday,” is actually “Patriots Day,” where we celebrate and commemorate the beginning of the American Revolution. The first battles of the war were fought in Lexington and Concord, Massachusetts and from VERY humble beginnings, we were able to kick out another country (whom I won’t publicly mention because we’re allies now) and forge our own path.

There are reenactments of the Battles of Lexington and Concord every year (VERY early in the morning) and the Boston Marathon happens to be run on that day as well because so many people are off work and there’s school vacation that week. The Red Sox also have a home game that usually starts at 11am.

A great day that’s usually a lot of fun, and a perfect day for the Bruins to begin their war on the rest of the NHL.

Stand your ground! Don’t fire unless fired upon! But if they want to have a war, let it begin here!” ~ Captain John Parker at the Battle of Lexington.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have to take Marathon Monday as a PTO day.

Even when I worked by the Finish Line, we didn't get the day off. You just got in earlier before they closed the roads. Most people worked remotely but I worked because the Bruins were usually playing that night so going in just made sense.

I took the day off but I turned down Sox tickets. An 11am Sox game, navigating the Marathon and then a playoff game is a very long day. If it is going to be a really nice day, I may change my mind.

Marathon Monday is awesome.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
At first I didn't care about the best record of all time. Now that we are so close I hope we can pull it off.
60 wins.... is a dawn good product on ice. Every fan should be happy with that... especially season ticket holder!

Those guy purchase with huge money a promise and at the end of the year like this.... they probably can say they purchase rightfully!!!!

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Very cool.

What some posters here from other countries might not know, is what some people in Massachusetts call “Marathon Monday,” is actually “Patriots Day,” where we celebrate and commemorate the beginning of the American Revolution. The first battles of the war were fought in Lexington and Concord, Massachusetts and from VERY humble beginnings, we were able to kick out another country (whom I won’t publicly mention because we’re allies now) and forge our own path.

There are reenactments of the Battles of Lexington and Concord every year (VERY early in the morning) and the Boston Marathon happens to be run on that day as well because so many people are off work and there’s school vacation that week. The Red Sox also have a home game that usually starts at 11am.

A great day that’s usually a lot of fun, and a perfect day for the Bruins to begin their war on the rest of the NHL.

Stand your ground! Don’t fire unless fired upon! But if they want to have a war, let it begin here!” ~ Captain John Parker at the Battle of Lexington.
A woman from a California company once called our office and the phone message said we were off that day to observe Patriots Day. She called back the next day and said, "I can't believe you have a State holiday for a football team!"

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
1680540960877.png

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
60 wins.... is a dawn good product on ice. Every fan should be happy with that... especially season ticket holder!

Those guy purchase with huge money a promise and at the end of the year like this.... they probably can say they purchase rightfully!!!!
I think there is more than a few STH on the board, , myself included. Don't get to go to often mainly due to business consuming my life but I can tell you My 4 kids are not complaining. LOL

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
If the Bruins beat the Leafs and Devils, things are going to get spicy for more ol Monty. That record will be looking him right in the face. As is, his mentor got the 131 pt season. 4 more pts puts him only 2 pts behind that one...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad