Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - SIXTY WINS AND COUNTING

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Who is complaining about Bertuzzi other than you?

Walsh is a shill who regulate the crap out of everything.

He is not a hockey guy

I’m going to need a better critique.

Everyone hates regulations until the conglomerates take all their jobs overseas and set up their tax havens and then everyone can’t believe no one (ie the politicians) prevented this via regulations.

But uh I digress

Reactions: BTO

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Well...nothing happened in those last two periods through the shootout.:laugh: It made for great entertainment if nothing else. Kudos to Schenn for playing well despite all those injuries.
I still do not see the fascination with Bertuzzi. He played well because he kept it simple and drove the net for about 45 minutes, but he was also caught deep on 2 of the three goals against. I will have to check Fenway's box score because I think Bert might have been on for all three. He was a plus Minus-0, so I will say two. Orlov was alternately great and not so good. Boy, does he jump into the play and freelance a lot. ...Frederic was good, but Monty sat him and sat Steen in the third. Btw,they corrected themselves and did not use that backhand bump breakout much in the last two periods. That was good and Ullmark was very good. On to the next one. ...Sixty is nice...

Edit: My apologies to Mr. Bertuzzi, he indeed was not on the ice for any goals against. He was on when Neighbors hit the crossbar, but that is a nitpick. TF was on for a couple against. I see why Monty mostly sat him in the third.

Reactions: Gordoff

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
That's what happens when you only watch via highlights.
That confusing moment when 0 = at least 2
20230402_134645.gif

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Marchand shooting could go a long way for his game.

Physically, he is past his prime. I think that’s a reality. But he needs to adjust his mentality a bit (IMO) because he can’t dipsy doodle everyone like he used to be able to do more consistently. When there are lanes, fire it. Less edgework and passes through tight spaces that are low percentage.

I think you're right, but my sense is that Marchand is stubborn and will not readily accept limitations imposed by age and wear and tear. This is where the coaches come in. Do Monty and co. try and convince him to change his game a bit, or do they back him to get back to his very best?

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Gut it out type dirty win against the beady eyed a-hole coached team ...Marchy needs to talk to T. Brady's youth doctor and lay off the beer with pancake meals ..and to take yoga classes ...and to pay for twitter ...he's too funny not to be on it

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I love Bert. Guy never takes a shift off. A true dirt dog.
He sure is...and I love Bert's net-front presence on the PP's

Zacha and Bert have helped bring the PP back to life with hard work, nifty passing and traffic in front of the net ...and it's paying off just in time for the playoffs

Now all the Bruins need is some competent reffing to get some PP's

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I think you're right, but my sense is that Marchand is stubborn and will not readily accept limitations imposed by age and wear and tear. This is where the coaches come in. Do Monty and co. try and convince him to change his game a bit, or do they back him to get back to his very best?
hes very clearly hurt and its pretty obvious at this point he came back too soon. I fear he will have a pretty steep cliff coming up soon.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
To be honest, I hope Monty sticks with the bottom 6 he rolled out today against St Louis, for the remainder of the regular season.

Lauko-Freddy-Steen
Greer-Nosek-Hathaway

Play those guys until their legs fall off. When Hall and Foligno come back, slot them into the top 6 to give Marchy and Pasta the odd night off. Roll Bergy, Krejci, Zacha and Coyle in and out of the top two Center positions. I wouldn't have any issues sitting more Dmen as well.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the wins/points record. I just wanna rest some guys, heal up, and get Foligno and Hall sharp for the post season.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
The bad news is that neither Tampa or Detroit won Cups after 62 win seasons, but of course the habs won Cups all 3 years on that list

..so 62 wins might be bad luck
IIRC, Tampa hadn't lost consecutive games all regular season and had no adversity to overcome until the playoffs. Kucherov f***ed them too with the brainless hit at the end of game 2 that got him suspended the following game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad