Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - SIXTY WINS AND COUNTING

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Guess Monty wants Pasta to get 60 goals. Otherwise, he has no business being on the ice with the goalie pulled in a one goal game.

Getting very concerned about Marchand.

Marchand shooting could go a long way for his game.

Physically, he is past his prime. I think that’s a reality. But he needs to adjust his mentality a bit (IMO) because he can’t dipsy doodle everyone like he used to be able to do more consistently. When there are lanes, fire it. Less edgework and passes through tight spaces that are low percentage.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
A win is a win, the Bruins have had a lot of difficulties getting up for the lower ranked teams, Ullmark is nails in shootouts. Hate to harp on the officiating but that's back to back games where the refs put away their whistles on the opposition after the 1st period, c'mon. The PP is starting to come around, love Marchand but he needs to stay off it, it functions better without him, he also needs to sit out for a few games, hasn't scored in ages and is taking a fair amount of punishment. The PK continues to be incredible, Carlo in particular a beast on it.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY

Physically, he is past his prime. I think that’s a reality. But he needs to adjust his mentality a bit (IMO) because he can’t dipsy doodle everyone like he used to be able to do more consistently. When there are lanes, fire it. Less edgework and passes through tight spaces that are low percentage.
Rest Marchy for a couple of games starting Thursday.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

I might be wrong and part of what you are saying might be right especially on adapting his game. IMO, he is simply searching his game a bit, forcing plays. IMO, 63 probably is asking to continue to play while IMO he should rest a bit. But at the end of the day, I beleive Marchand will be there in the PO....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The fan reactions :laugh:

20230402_181249.jpg

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Solid first 2 pds by the Bs followed up by a stinker. Ullmark again with a stellar performance, especially on the 5 on 3 and in the SO. The final save he made in the SO was tremendous. Best B on the ice easily.

Have to give props to Bert yet again. Dude is simply making good things happen, especially on the PP. Teammates are recognizing that and were trying hard to get him the puck today.

Congrats to Steen on his goal. Also big props to Freddy. He was very good and got under the Blues skin.

Not pretty, but 2 points and more importantly key guys got some rest while the ones who played avoided injury. Keep it rolling!
Yeah, that had to be the worst third period effort by the B's in a long time, but it must be hard to stay motivated when you don't really HAVE to win these games

..and for the love of God they have to give Marchand a good rest before the playoffs. It makes no sense to keep playing him every game when he needs a re-charge...if he gets hurt before the playoffs, I'll be very pissed

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I might be wrong and part of what you are saying might be right especially on adapting his game. IMO, he is simply searching his game a bit, forcing plays. IMO, 63 probably is asking to continue to play while IMO he should rest a bit. But at the end of the day, I beleive Marchand will be there in the PO....

Not sure anyone hates to lose more than Marchand. That will always make me feel good headed into big games.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
A win is a win, the Bruins have had a lot of difficulties getting up for the lower ranked teams, Ullmark is nails in shootouts. Hate to harp on the officiating but that's back to back games where the refs put away their whistles on the opposition after the 1st period, c'mon. The PP is starting to come around, love Marchand but he needs to stay off it, it functions better without him, he also needs to sit out for a few games, hasn't scored in ages and is taking a fair amount of punishment. The PK continues to be incredible, Carlo in particular a beast on it.
This is pretty much how I see it to lately. Bruins shorthanded 10 times last 2 games is nuts.Thankfully great PK.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Well...nothing happened in those last two periods through the shootout.:laugh: It made for great entertainment if nothing else. Kudos to Schenn for playing well despite all those injuries.
I still do not see the fascination with Bertuzzi. He played well because he kept it simple and drove the net for about 45 minutes, but he was also caught deep on 2 of the three goals against. I will have to check Fenway's box score because I think Bert might have been on for all three. He was a plus Minus-0, so I will say two. Like Mr. Bonvie, I am worried about Marchy. He looked quicker today, but still can't do all his tricks without turning over the puck. You know he will not play conservatively. Orlov was alternately great and not so good. Boy, does he jump into the play and freelance a lot. ...Frederic was good, but Monty sat him and sat Steen in the third. Btw,they corrected themselves and did not use that backhand bump breakout much in the last two periods. That was good and Ullmark was very good. On to the next one. ...Sixty is nice...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad