Post-Game Talk: GAME 77 - SIXTY WINS AND COUNTING

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Sadly this was me today
1680477797279.png

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Well...nothing happened in those last two periods through the shootout.:laugh: It made for great entertainment if nothing else. Kudos to Schenn for playing well despite all those injuries.
I still do not see the fascination with Bertuzzi. He played well because he kept it simple and drove the net for about 45 minutes, but he was also caught deep on 2 of the three goals against. I will have to check Fenway's box score because I think Bert might have been on for all three. He was a plus Minus-0, so I will say two. Like Mr. Bonvie, I am worried about Marchy. He looked quicker today, but still can't do all his tricks without terning over the puck. You know he will not play conservatively. Orlov was alternately great and not so good. Boy, does he jump into the play and freelance a lot. ...Frederic was good, but Monty sat him and sat Steen in the third. Btw,they corrected themselves and did not use that backhand bump breakout much in the last two periods. That was good and Ullmark was very good. On to the next one. ...Sixty is nice...

Bertuzzi goes to the net and works hard along the boards and in all puck battles. Also a good passer.

He’s not a superstar but he’s a great addition to this team given their shortcomings.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Well...nothing happened in those last two periods through the shootout.:laugh: It made for great entertainment if nothing else. Kudos to Schenn for playing well despite all those injuries.
I still do not see the fascination with Bertuzzi. He played well because he kept it simple and drove the net for about 45 minutes, but he was also caught deep on 2 of the three goals against. I will have to check Fenway's box score because I think Bert might have been on for all three. He was a plus Minus-0, so I will say two. Like Mr. Bonvie, I am worried about Marchy. He looked quicker today, but still can't do all his tricks without turning over the puck. You know he will not play conservatively. Orlov was alternately great and not so good. Boy, does he jump into the play and freelance a lot. ...Frederic was good, but Monty sat him and sat Steen in the third. Btw,they corrected themselves and did not use that backhand bump breakout much in the last two periods. That was good and Ullmark was very good. On to the next one. ...Sixty is nice...
Bertuzzi was not on the ice for a goal against.

1680480088439.png

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Well then

That's what I figured. He wants to get going before the playoffs start. I know he talked about his hips not being where he thought they'd be. You can tell too. He doesn't have that extra...gear...that speed is just not there right now. Even his shooting looks off. He's gotta get it right.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Marty Walsh will be front and center when the new CBA is negotiated, players may have strong objections to the multiple back to backs in a single month
There's a guy on youtube who calls himself The Hockey Guy. He actually wants to extend the season to 84 games. Other than that bad idea, I find the guy very knowledgeable and entertaining.
He's from Vancouver, but his favorite team is Boston, mainly because of Cam Neely, his all-time favorite hockey player.

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
Gretzky saying that Carlo should've flipped the puck up and not shot for the goal. Ended up being icing. "Protect the lead." He said that he should've passed it to Ullmark because he "doesn't miss the net."
It is hard to criticize this team, but this is a pet peeve of mine. There seems to be a change in philosophy under Montgomery where the team always shoots for the open net from the defensive zone and takes their chances on the faceoff. I agree with Gretzky here, even if the math says its better to shoot for the net to win the game. My eyes tell me that there are almost no goals scored from that distance and the B's always end up with a bunch of faceoffs in their defensive zone. It seems that they have been lucky to have only been burned once with this approach.

Reactions: Gordoff

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I still do not see the fascination with Bertuzzi. He played well because he kept it simple and drove the net for about 45 minutes, but he was also caught deep on 2 of the three goals against. I will have to check Fenway's box score because I think Bert might have been on for all three. He was a plus Minus-0, so I will say two. Like Mr. Bonvie, I am worried about Marchy. He looked quicker today, but still can't do all his tricks without turning over the puck. You know he will not play conservatively. Orlov was alternately great and not so good. Boy, does he jump into the play and freelance a lot. ...Frederic was good, but Monty sat him and sat Steen in the third. Btw,they corrected themselves and did not use that backhand bump breakout much in the last two periods. That was good and Ullmark was very good. On to the next one. ...Sixty is nice...
Who is complaining about Bertuzzi other than you?
There's a guy on youtube who calls himself The Hockey Guy. He actually wants to extend the season to 84 games. Other than that bad idea, I find the guy very knowledgeable and entertaining.
He's from Vancouver, but his favorite team is Boston, mainly because of Cam Neely, his all-time favorite hockey player.
Walsh is a shill who regulate the crap out of everything.

He is not a hockey guy

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad