GDT: GAME 71 | Senators @ Bruins | David, Meet Goliath Edition | Tue Mar 21 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I asked if it was completely different in the hockey context. It seems insane that it would add 8 months of recovery to get on skates?

It's not a full year to return to play, it's up to a full year before it feels normal again, for example, Batherson was saying he was still experiencing tightness probably had a loss of range of motion as a result until recently.

There's also a severity issue, you can have a more severe injury that lasts 6 months before return, and even require surgery, or a less sever sprain that 6 weeks.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I really find that a big difference between us and playoff contenders is how unbelievably relentless those teams are on the puck and at forcing turnovers.

The Sens have not had a team capable of cycling the puck in a controlling manner for 5+ years. Yet virtually every top team we play does it against us like its nothing.

I think until we can properly cycle and pressure teams on the forecheck we're going to be hard pressed to make the playoffs...
Honestly even during the Karlsson years we relied heavily on counter attacks could never sustain pressure

Reactions: headup

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I really find that a big difference between us and playoff contenders is how unbelievably relentless those teams are on the puck and at forcing turnovers.

The Sens have not had a team capable of cycling the puck in a controlling manner for 5+ years. Yet virtually every top team we play does it against us like its nothing.

I think until we can properly cycle and pressure teams on the forecheck we're going to be hard pressed to make the playoffs...
Honestly even during the Karlsson years we relied heavily on counter attacks could never sustain pressure
This is because you need 18 guys to do it.

When's the last time we've had 18 legit NHLers in our lineup for a game, let alone a stretch?

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Agreed. Our forwards were not good enough tonight. I was particularly disappointed in Tkachuk, DBC, etc. and Bruins played a solid game plan against Stutzle.

And then Ullmark was pretty good too (and lucky with those two posts)
Gawd dammit the Bruins are beast-like. f***ers!! lol

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
How many posts on the last few games FFS. Including Brady’s OT hat trick goal against the leafs.

3 tonight.

Soogard played a beauty game, despite a few juicy rebounds.

Boston is smothering and attacks so efficiently, nice to be in this one at least.

Oh well. I’m happy I guess? I don’t know anymore lol

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Exactly. Some people on this board only have one tune and they keep singing it over and over again.a broken record.....some player breaks his stick...its DJs fault....goalie doesn't make a save....its DJs fault...a player misses the net its DJs fault....etc..... etc.....
Yeah, I prefer the people on the board singing the tune of: good at home? Praise DJ. Bad on road? Blame players. Players come out with passion? Praise DJ. Players look sleepy? Blame players. Goalie allows 1 goal in 48 shots? DJs system good. Goalie gets f***ed in the ass with 10 odd man rushes? Players fault. Can score on PP only, DJ good. 5/5 GD worse than Arizona? Blame players. Depth must be good enough at home cuz record good? DJ GOAT. Depth all of a sudden sucks on the road, despite being the same players? Dorion fault.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don’t think anyone likes complainers, that’s why they all gravitate online…. Lucky sports fans!

Good game against a tough veteran group. Would have been nice to bag a win while almost everyone else was losing, but they didn’t, so on to the next one.

Funny how we don’t here how much better Buffalo and Detroit so much anymore. Looks like all the young up and comers are all sitting in the same place. Them with their brilliant GM’s and coaches, and us with the worst duo in history…. ;)

Should make for an even better season next year with all the added experience for these clubs. The east is on notice, get those cups while you can because the future looks like the middle of the Atlantic Division.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
No kidding. This team needs drastically better hands. I used to think the problem was the poor ice in Ottawa, but their passing and stickhandling is mediocre on the road, as well.

No wonder they always resort to shipping the puck off the boards or outright dumping it down the ice.
It also seems that they're always on their backhand and need to get rid of the puck quickly under pressure. They never have time and space to make good passes.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
It;s gonna be fascinating to see what the Bruins will do in the Playofffs but usually the President Trophy winner don't win the Stanley cup, the last one was the Blackhawks in 2012-13. We all remember Tampa versus Columbus in 2019 where Tampa had 128pts and lost in the 1st round. Personally I would not be shocked if they can bounced in the 1st round.

Reactions: Cosmix and Alex1234

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I thought they played well? That’s a good team in Boston. Not sure what folks were expecting?

I think they played a pretty strong game too. Hit a few posts. Had some great chances.

Could easily have won the game if one of those posts go in. Sucks to lose but that's hockey.

Bigger issue isn't how they played last night, but how they can get very cold for extended periods. That's gotta get fixed next season if they want to make the playoffs.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah he’s hungover AF. Probably didn’t have to buy any of his drinks either.
Source? Surprised they'd even have time to after a late flight on a Monday night. I can imagine if there was a day off between games. The Sens didn't look hungover at all.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
People need to relax. Losing is a part of the Wrexham story.

Everything gonna be great next year. Everything.

I've accepted that the playoffs aren't happening this year a while ago, the push was fun but even at the height of it, it was a long shot

We played a great game, no shame in how we played last night,

Reactions: slamigo and Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad