GDT: GAME 71 | Senators @ Bruins | David, Meet Goliath Edition | Tue Mar 21 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I really find that a big difference between us and playoff contenders is how unbelievably relentless those teams are on the puck and at forcing turnovers.

The Sens have not had a team capable of cycling the puck in a controlling manner for 5+ years. Yet virtually every top team we play does it against us like its nothing.

I think until we can properly cycle and pressure teams on the forecheck we're going to be hard pressed to make the playoffs...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Given that the Bruins are the best team in the league & almost 40 pts better in the standings Ottawa out shot them & dominated play at times & only lost by one goal on a 5 on 3 after the Stutzle penalty. It was a good effort & they came close with several really good chances & if anything Boston should be embarrassed how they played against us given their record & we have beaten them before. This team is improving & if they can get the stupid mistakes out of their game they will be much better. The coach is not to blame for everything they need to stop with the risky plays & mange the puck much better, the players need to take some responsibility for their play as well.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I think Boston is the most elite Team in recent times, they know the exact effort require to beat a Team.

versus the Sens, it just their Sunday morning skate is all that takes

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I really find that a big difference between us and playoff contenders is how unbelievably relentless those teams are on the puck and at forcing turnovers.

The Sens have not had a team capable of cycling the puck in a controlling manner for 5+ years. Yet virtually every top team we play does it against us like its nothing.

I think until we can properly cycle and pressure teams on the forecheck we're going to be hard pressed to make the playoffs...

Part of this is that we are uniquely bad in our own zone and we let other teams cycle at will. I don’t think even Boston can do that against many other teams in the league.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

No kidding. This team needs drastically better hands. I used to think the problem was the poor ice in Ottawa, but their passing and stickhandling is mediocre on the road, as well.

No wonder they always resort to shipping the puck off the boards or outright dumping it down the ice.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's not about "transforming your team", its about a guy who has choked and failed to execute at a rate I've never seen on this team. My point isn't that Fiala is a franchise-altering talent, it's that Debrincat has been one of our worst players at 5-on-5 and has squandered opportunities that should be spoon-fed goals.
No kidding. This team needs drastically better hands. I used to think the problem was the poor ice in Ottawa, but their passing and stickhandling is mediocre on the road, as well.

No wonder they always resort to shipping the puck off the boards or outright dumping it down the ice.
They got soft hands and they done bear down on pucks. Like they all have thin, short blades.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
No one knows the future but it seems this Team's ceiling is the Edmonton Oilers, minus Connor McDavid

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A high ankle sprain doesn't affect your brain and he has played lazy and dumb for much of the year.
Explained this already, but yes, playing through injuries, especially ones that impact mobility, can influence decision making. You might question whether you can get somewhere on time when you aren't skating as well, you start thinking about it instead of just playing off instinct, you start cheating to compensate for reduced mobility, you might coast more if you experience pain in your stride, ect.

Again, I'm not saying playing while not yet fully healed excuses all his poor play, he needs to do better at adapting and playing withon his means while less than 100%, but it's certainly a factor.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
That was one of the worst games Tkachuk played all year.
He can be a bull that can't be stop. These games, he plays simple, not cute, forcheck and play near the net.

But then there are these game in which and doesn't skate, try cute thing all the game, don't forcheck, don't skate a lot and always last on the backcheck.

He is great when he skate.

headup

Apr 7, 2008

Work ethic goes a long way. Senators have no real urgency to succeed and don’t have losing enough.

Reactions: Answer

Senovision

May 23, 2011
From the point of someone that never competed in your life. Absolutely.
Exactly. Some people on this board only have one tune and they keep singing it over and over again.a broken record.....some player breaks his stick...its DJs fault....goalie doesn't make a save....its DJs fault...a player misses the net its DJs fault....etc..... etc.....

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Have you ever had one and tried skating? That's the world where it's a one year full recovery.

I asked if it was completely different in the hockey context. It seems insane that it would add 8 months of recovery to get on skates?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Exactly. Some people on this board only have one tune and they keep singing it over and over again.a broken record.....some player breaks his stick...its DJs fault....goalie doesn't make a save....its DJs fault...a player misses the net its DJs fault....etc..... etc.....

Ok DJ.

• Haha
Reactions: headup

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
From the point of someone that never competed in your life. Absolutely.
I kind of agree but I'll say this.

It's true and not true.

For some, it's very apparent that they lack the experience of competitive experience to actually evaluate properly a situation im a given sport.

While other don't have the experience but it's apparent that they think before posting.

I'll take myself for example. I don't have the competitive On ice hockey experience. I never played it. I've played deck hockey or cosom in school or onthe street with friend. I always loved to play goalie.

But I played competitive baseball for a long time and played basketball for one year in school and was a very good defensive player. So with these experiences I feel that I would normally post thing that are adequate and not overly emotional. I remember one of the final, almost all our starting 5 had lots of fault. I had gotten Calf cramp after a jump in that game. I was refusing to get out of the court because I wanted to compete until the coach force me to get out lol.

All that to say, that having the competitive experience doesn't equal great poster. And not having it doesn't equal bad poster. But it help to take that into consideration before writting stuff.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Imagine blaming DJ for tonight when they play this well on the road on a b2b. This boards a joke.
Should have played fergy. Maybe we could have won 1-0 instead of lose 2-1. I knew we should have played fergy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad