GDT: GAME 71 | Senators @ Bruins | David, Meet Goliath Edition | Tue Mar 21 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
David vs. Goliath?

I was sure David won that battle and then became the second of three great kings of Israel.

An accurate comparison of Ottawa and Boston would be to say that Boston is to winning as Ottawa is to losing. They both tend to find a way.

Reactions: Answer

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
David vs. Goliath?

I was sure David won that battle and then became the second of three great kings of Israel.

An accurate comparison of Ottawa and Boston would be to say that Boston is to winning as Ottawa is to losing. They both tend to find a way.
Yep and season series was 2-2.
With both teams winning at home.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Yep and season series was 2-2.
With both teams winning at home.
LOL

But who has won cups? Who has been great recently? How many cups have the Sens won in the last 100 years?

The Bruins are winners and historically the Senators have only ever lost.

We are the New York Jets and they are the New England Patriots. Let's not get it twisted, we aren't half the team that Boston is.

Reactions: Answer

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
LOL

But who has won cups? Who has been great recently? How many cups have the Sens won in the last 100 years?

Just correcting your misinformation, you’re welcome.
Yes Senators do have Stanley cups. Guess you haven’t been to the rink yet , to see the banners over the last 100 years.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
LOL

We are the New York Jets and they are the New England Patriots. Let's not get it twisted, we aren't half the team that Boston is.
Lmao, wtf does the last 100 years have to do with last night's game?

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
LOL

Don't let the facts come in the way of some fans feelings haha

I mean according to Aragon, the Bruins should be embarrassed of themselves and the Sens should hold their heads high and proud

David vs. Goliath?

my man! if you're going to keep spitting facts then you will make tons of enemies around here hahaha

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Don't let the facts come in the way of some fans feelings haha

I mean according to Aragon, the Bruins should be embarrassed of themselves and the Sens should hold their heads high and proud

my man! if you're going to keep spitting facts then you will make tons of enemies around here hahaha
Except the supposed facts have already been proven false lol.
Don’t let facts get in the way of your chirps though.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I have seen his slap shot which is VG. I have not observed "great passing". He seems slow at times, as though he is out of game shape. He does not hit a lot nor punish players with his checking. He is better than what we had before (Zaitsev and Holden), but has not really impressed me yet. I hope he does soon. Sanderson on the other hand has really impressed me. Brannstrom is improving.

I am looking forward to next year with our improved D core:
Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic/JBD/Thomson/New Guy
Chychrun - Brannstrom

Playing Chychrun with Brannstrom might work out very well. I would run the 3 D pairs at equal time ES, so the above placement order is immaterial.
Brannstrom makes everybody better.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
LOL

I'm not sure Boston's cup in 2011 is particularly relevant to today's team, I wouldnt say the current Hawks team knows how to win because of their 2010, 2013 and 2015 cups, those are past team's wins and the current team needs to carve out its own legacy.

Bruins will win the president's trophy this year, they win games because they are well coached and have a strong roster, not because over a decade ago they won a cup with a largely different roster or because in the 70s Esposito and Orr earned their rings.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
LOL

The Ottawa Senators won 11 Stanley Cups between the years of 1903 and 1927.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In four separate occassions talking to friends just this week who are fans of the Habs, the Leafs, the Bruins & the Sabres & all of them said that Ottawa has a very good young team who will be a playoff & contending team in future. All of them also said how good Tkachuk & Stutzle are & the Hab fan was especially pissed that Montreal didn't draft Tkachuk. Outside of this board most people who have watched hockey, played hockey & been around hockey for most of their lives view Ottawa as an up & coming team who will only get better.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Why waste your ‘breath’, haters gonna hate, no matter how many times they are shown to be inaccurate, overzealous, petty, or just straight up wrong.

Same chumps will post the same stuff when the next manager and coach take over. Its just what they need to do, and it has little to do with the team, or sports. It’s who they are.

We have a good young team that played a solid game against the B’s last night.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Except the supposed facts have already been proven false lol.
Don’t let facts get in the way of your chirps though.

You live in a fantasy world and you mostly just try to copy what I say. The reason you reply to everything what I say is proof that the truth actually hit you hard, that it triggers you

The Teams record, and most importantly their on Ice performances back me up

and really backed me up when the pressure is really really on

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Oh look, the ‘gave up in November’ crew is posting again all of a sudden…

At least the few of you have found each other online. It’s kind of endearing actually.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
In four separate occassions talking to friends just this week who are fans of the Habs, the Leafs, the Bruins & the Sabres & all of them said that Ottawa has a very good young team who will be a playoff & contending team in future. All of them also said how good Tkachuk & Stutzle are & the Hab fan was especially pissed that Montreal didn't draft Tkachuk. Outside of this board most people who have watched hockey, played hockey & been around hockey for most of their lives view Ottawa as an up & coming team who will only get better.
First of all… you actually know a Sabres fan? I’ve never met a Sabres fan in person.

The Sens are actually poised to make a big jump if they play their cards right.

*Montreal is a dumpster fire.
*Toronto needs severe reinforcement on the blue line and in net. And with so much money tied up in their forwards, it may not be coming soon.
*Detroit is in the middle of a rebuild, but behind Ottawa.
*Buffalo (see: Montreal).
*Boston ~ our top two centers could retire after this season or next. They will be very tough to replace.
*Florida is very unreliable in the playoffs. A beefed up Senators squad could definitely dispose of them.
*Tampa Bay has had a great run and I still think they’re the team to beat in our division. But they can only decline while the Senators improve.

Don’t think I missed anyone.

If the new ownership puts the right people in place, the Sens could move into the top spot in the Atlantic more easily than most people think.

Just a (friendly) rival fan’s opinion.

Reactions: umma gumma

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
also had picks #4, #7, and now perhaps another top 10.

That they were used to get NHL stars should mean increased expectations, not lesser standards.
My expectations next year are high. No matter the picks you think we got. We didn’t select perfect players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad