GDT: GAME 71 | Senators @ Bruins | David, Meet Goliath Edition | Tue Mar 21 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t think anyone likes complainers, that’s why they all gravitate online…. Lucky sports fans!

Good game against a tough veteran group. Would have been nice to bag a win while almost everyone else was losing, but they didn’t, so on to the next one.

Funny how we don’t here how much better Buffalo and Detroit so much anymore. Looks like all the young up and comers are all sitting in the same place. Them with their brilliant GM’s and coaches, and us with the worst duo in history…. ;)

Should make for an even better season next year with all the added experience for these clubs. The east is on notice, get those cups while you can because the future looks like the middle of the Atlantic Division.
Nobody I know watches sports in some super positive way.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Good game last night. Like I’ve said before, the Sens don’t quit against the Bruins like some teams do, and it a real contest from start to finish.

Good luck the rest of the way, especially with the change in ownership.
Ya it was a close series this season, with each team winning their home ice games.

Reactions: rfournier103

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The Bruins: fastest team in history to 50 wins, 13 points ahead of the 2nd best team in the league (which is the largest gap since 2018-19 when Tampa had 128P), on pace for the third best home record in NHL history.
The Sens: bubble team playing on the road in the second half of a back to back
Some fans in here: man this team is trash, trade DeBrincat and Batherson, DJ should be sent to a Siberian prison, Dorion should be executed in Confederation Park

The Bruins, today, are ahead in P% of the 1995-96 Red Wings. If they win 9 of their last 12, they'll have the single season record for the most wins. Can we give other teams credit once in a while? You can still be a good fan without relentlessly dumping on everything all the time.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The effort was certainly there. A little unfocused at times but you could tell the team really came to play on all fronts.

A team showing up, ready to play with that sort of effort most nights gets into the playoffs.

Maybe they took it more serious because it was the Bruins as opposed to the Blackhawks, but that sort of urgency needs to be more present day in day out.

Liked seeing Sogaard bounce back after his rough stretch.

Reactions: Cosmix

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The Bruins: fastest team in history to 50 wins, 13 points ahead of the 2nd best team in the league (which is the largest gap since 2018-19 when Tampa had 128P), on pace for the third best home record in NHL history.
Some fans in here: man this team is trash, trade DeBrincat and Batherson, DJ should be sent to a Siberian prison, Dorion should be executed in Confederation Park

The Bruins, today, are ahead in P% of the 1995-96 Red Wings. If they win 9 of their last 12, they'll have the single season record for the most wins. Can we give other teams credit once in a while? You can still be a good fan without relentlessly dumping on everything all the time.
They could get the record in the bonus point era, but not the record from before bonus points.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

amen brother

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It;s gonna be fascinating to see what the Bruins will do in the Playofffs but usually the President Trophy winner don't win the Stanley cup, the last one was the Blackhawks in 2012-13. We all remember Tampa versus Columbus in 2019 where Tampa had 128pts and lost in the 1st round. Personally I would not be shocked if they can bounced in the 1st round.

You are ignoring the vets and playoff experience on that bruins core 3 final appearances and a cup. They will make noise this year

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Enough to keep DJ around for 4+ years ;)
I don't see any in the rafters!
I think they played a pretty strong game too. Hit a few posts. Had some great chances.

Could easily have won the game if one of those posts go in. Sucks to lose but that's hockey.

Bigger issue isn't how they played last night, but how they can get very cold for extended periods. That's gotta get fixed next season if they want to make the playoffs.
We still need a GM too do a better job with roster building and a coach to do a better job coaching the players.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I am disappointed in Chychrun's play so far. I expected more from him.
You'll get more when there's a new coach that deploys him properly. He's got the best shot I've ever seen in Ottawa and can skate like the wind and hits like a mack truck. In other words, a true 5 tool player.

Reactions: Emrasie

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
You'll get more when there's a new coach that deploys him properly. He's got the best shot I've ever seen in Ottawa and can skate like the wind and hits like a mack truck. In other words, a true 5 tool player.
I have not seen much of those 3 traits so far. What are the other 2 tools?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Part of this is that we are uniquely bad in our own zone and we let other teams cycle at will. I don’t think even Boston can do that against many other teams in the league.
I agree. The D zone work of the forwards is atrocious and has been that way for many seasons now under this coaching staff.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I have not seen much of those 3 traits so far. What are the other 2 tools?
How have you not seen his shot? One of the craziest wrist shots I've literally ever seen on his first goal as a Sen. He's a great passer and has excellent defensive awareness.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
How have you not seen his shot? One of the craziest wrist shots I've literally ever seen on his first goal as a Sen. He's a great passer and has excellent defensive awareness.
I have seen his slap shot which is VG. I have not observed "great passing". He seems slow at times, as though he is out of game shape. He does not hit a lot nor punish players with his checking. He is better than what we had before (Zaitsev and Holden), but has not really impressed me yet. I hope he does soon. Sanderson on the other hand has really impressed me. Brannstrom is improving.

I am looking forward to next year with our improved D core:
Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic/JBD/Thomson/New Guy
Chychrun - Brannstrom

Playing Chychrun with Brannstrom might work out very well. I would run the 3 D pairs at equal time ES, so the above placement order is immaterial.

Reactions: DrEasy

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

The best think about this post is knowing the TML will not make it out of the East, even if TB concedes round 1. Insurance against the unthinkable happening. But man, I’m still hoping for a round 1 exit

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I have seen his slap shot which is VG. I have not observed "great passing". He seems slow at times, as though he is out of game shape. He does not hit a lot nor punish players with his checking. He is better than what we had before (Zaitsev and Holden), but has not really impressed me yet. I hope he does soon. Sanderson on the other hand has really impressed me. Brannstrom is improving.

I am looking forward to next year with our improved D core:
Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic/JBD/Thomson/New Guy
Chychrun - Brannstrom

Playing Chychrun with Brannstrom might work out very well. I would run the 3 D pairs at equal time ES, so the above placement order is immaterial.
He IS out of game shape and he's STILL a fantastic player. Tough crowd, we Sens fans.

Curling in the squat rack and bro-ing out. A true menace on and off the ice.

Also wouldn't mind having PP2 more geared towards setting him up as a shooter. Need to find ways to use that shot more often, it's a laser.
I'd say gear PP1 towards that threat and open up a little more space for Tkachuk and Stu and Giroux. How could you not look at Chycrun on the point and be a) nervous for the shot and b) nervous to get in the way of the shot - but ultimately, you're respecting it, which means you're giving our aces a little more room.

DBC can hold the fort on the blueline on PP2 with Sanderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad