Confirmed with Link: 1 year $825K for Berggren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Happy he’s back to prove me wrong, not at all a fan of his. I think he’s vastly overrated. I think he’s a swap for Sprong, both offensively inclined players who can’t play defence.

Hoping he makes good chemistry with somebody in the pre-season and helps put together a solid 3rd line. I don’t doubt he can dish out 15-20 helpers if the fit is right.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Happy he’s back to prove me wrong, not at all a fan of his. I think he’s vastly overrated. I think he’s a swap for Sprong, both offensively inclined players who can’t play defence.

Hoping he makes good chemistry with somebody in the pre-season and helps put together a solid 3rd line. I don’t doubt he can dish out 15-20 helpers if the fit is right.

He put up 28 points and 13 assists in 67 games in his rookie season so 15 isn't really a hot take.

If given the opportunity I would be surprised if he didn't get 25 assists and 45+ points tbh. But they'll probably misuse him

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Man I almost feel like this is a little too lean, like they're playing hardball just a little too much and might alienate him and poison future negotiations -- but if he's still an RFA when this runs out...oof maybe Burgers just has a shit agent. Good for Stevie.

He had a solid year last year in Grand Rapids. I'm surprised (and actually a little relieved) he didn't get more money and more term.

This should make the Seider and Raymond contracts a bit easier, hope we lock them both down for 8 years. If we're close but not quite making it maybe waive Husso now to save just a wee bit more on the cap.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
He put up 28 points and 13 assists in 67 games in his rookie season so 15 isn't really a hot take.

If given the opportunity I would be surprised if he didn't get 25 assists and 45+ points tbh. But they'll probably misuse him
He has to beat out somebody in the top 6 for him to be “not misused” which I don’t think he will.

12-14 minutes a night on average. Let’s see what the kid can do. I would be ecstatic if he put up those kind of points. Very good passer, maybe he can help Copp net a few extra goals too….

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
He has to beat out somebody in the top 6 for him to be “not misused” which I don’t think he will.

12-14 minutes a night on average. Let’s see what the kid can do. I would be ecstatic if he put up those kind of points. Very good passer, maybe he can help Copp net a few extra goals too….
He could beat out Tarasenko. There's always injuries. Powerplay time.

He could be 3rd line with lots of pp time also

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Kind of wish we would move on from him at this point he just feels like he is taking up a roster spot

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Would love to see him break out.

I hope it's in Detroit, but I don't think he will in Detroit.

Prime trade candidate.

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
I think he has a better chance to succeed this season. Physically he should be stronger, system wise he should be smarter.

Most importantly his line mates should be the best he's played with.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I've literally been of the opinion that nobody needs to freak out from the word go. Coming out of the woodwork? Naw, man. Until and unless they miss a game, I have no worries about Seider and Raymond. Yzerman and the Wings brass know how important that those guys are. Those guys know how important they are and how much they want to stay in Detroit.

I didn't forget that Berggren wasn't signed. I didn't care one way or another that he was signed. But it was more that people were wound up he might make 1.5M and make things tight to the cap.

As soon as Seider boards a plane back to the US, the contract will be done. They've been practicing and staying in shape during the summer. I don't need them sitting in Traverse City to feel okay about it.

Also, lecture? I'm just saying that the team and the players at question aren't freaking out about it. So why on earth are you?
Thats the thing, no one was freaking out. You repeatedly, like a dozen times, have posted as though you're the voice of calm and reason among frazzled people who are staying up all night, pulling their hair out, chain smoking, putting off meals and showers because they are in a constant panic-vigil with faces glued to their screens.
No one was panicking. It's a hockey forum and there was literally no other news to talk about. Asking "when are they going to sign already?" is not the freakout meltdown you seem to think it is.

Thank goodness we had you to hold the forum together.

Reactions: norrisnick

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Man I almost feel like this is a little too lean, like they're playing hardball just a little too much and might alienate him and poison future negotiations -- but if he's still an RFA when this runs out...oof maybe Burgers just has a shit agent. Good for Stevie.

He had a solid year last year in Grand Rapids. I'm surprised (and actually a little relieved) he didn't get more money and more term.

This should make the Seider and Raymond contracts a bit easier, hope we lock them both down for 8 years. If we're close but not quite making it maybe waive Husso now to save just a wee bit more on the cap.
I'm fine with playing hardball with Bergrren if it means we are able to sign Ray and Mo to long-term deals. Bergrren is a nice player, but Ray and Mo are our cornerstones. I'm still kinda sour on how Holland gave everyone inflated contracts and then gave them no movement / no trade clauses on top of that. If we want to have a nice window to compete for Cups, we need to have strong salary cap management.

With that being said, I am happy to have Bergrren signed and hope he can become a solid contributor in Detroit.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Thats the thing, no one was freaking out. You repeatedly, like a dozen times, have posted as though you're the voice of calm and reason among frazzled people who are staying up all night, pulling their hair out, chain smoking, putting off meals and showers because they are in a constant panic-vigil with faces glued to their screens.
No one was panicking. It's a hockey forum and there was literally no other news to talk about. Asking "when are they going to sign already?" is not the freakout meltdown you seem to think it is.

Thank goodness we had you to hold the forum together.

No one was panicking? There are numerous posters on this board saying Yzerman needs to be fired, that Chris Illitch needs to step in, that key players are being alienated out of town, that not having players signed to a contract well before training camp is inexcusable, people demanding daily updates on the negotiations.

You, personally, may not have expressed panic, but to say no one around here was panicking is demonstrably, and ridiculously, false.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I'm fine with playing hardball with Bergrren if it means we are able to sign Ray and Mo to long-term deals. Bergrren is a nice player, but Ray and Mo are our cornerstones. I'm still kinda sour on how Holland gave everyone inflated contracts and then gave them no movement / no trade clauses on top of that. If we want to have a nice window to compete for Cups, we need to have strong salary cap management.

With that being said, I am happy to have Bergrren signed and hope he can become a solid contributor in Detroit.

Yes and Yzerman is a gm that understands that and utilizes the time needed to get a cap friendly deal done.

Most GM's would have just given ray 9x8 and mo 9.5-10x8 and got the deals done early. That is what half the posters here want. They want a Leafs style cap structure.

But they'll argue our short term deals like holl and copp suck. They do, but they were filler contracts until we are ready to compete.

All the people calling for yzermans head is laughable. They have no idea what they're talking about

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Everyone entitled to their opinion, but this is a bizarre take. He’s produced every time he’s been up here. It’s time we gave him a proper shot. I think in the right environment he’s easily Nyquist-lite.

I appreciate that, it's just this guys arch on the board went from hype train prospect to pretty average, he plays too much of a perimeter game to be top 6 IMO so he is fairly replaceable with a standard UFA. For the amount of discussion this guy gets you would think he is part of the core. Yes just my opinion lol

Reactions: Filppula

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He could beat out Tarasenko. There's always injuries. Powerplay time.

He could be 3rd line with lots of pp time also

yeah, I don't think a bottom6 spot is necessarily bad for him depending on deployment and linemates. And, as you, mention, there are almost always opportunities to play yourself up the lineup.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Typically, you have 8 forwards combined for two PP units. I have a hard time believing Burgers won't be one of those 8, even if he is a bottom six guy.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Everyone entitled to their opinion, but this is a bizarre take. He’s produced every time he’s been up here. It’s time we gave him a proper shot. I think in the right environment he’s easily Nyquist-lite.
I feel like Nyquist-lite would be a full time NHL player by now. You can't fault someone for not being stoked about a player going into their +6 draft year and vying for a show me contract.

If he turns out to be a Blake Wheeler type late bloomer that would be fantastic. At this point though, we've seen Joe Veleno, drafted the same year and regarded slightly higher than having jock-itch by many here, play over 200 NHL games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad