Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - YUCK!!!! Ducks score 3 in final 4 minutes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
3-1 and Zacha has perhaps the worst 30 seconds I’ve ever seen, Anaheim scores and then the bullshit continues

I’m putting it entirely on Zacha. Maybe that’s unfair, too bad. He was dreadful on that shift and it totally gifted all momentum to Anaheim.

When the opponents have 6 skaters, its not really a good idea for our defenseman (McAvoy) to pass the puck from behind the net to Zacha 10 feet in front of our goalie. He was basically surrounded.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It's only been 7 games. He's played in 6 of them. And only 1 of those games he looked not great, imo. And that was last night.

He's not who I'm worried about. I'm not actually worried about this team. Just gotta find a chemistry going forward. Mental errors cost them the game last night. Fundamentals were lost.

Just clear the puck, we win. It's simple.

His first couple of games he didn't play to his ability, not just last night. He, Zacha, Lindholm and Coyle need to be better.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Bunch of dummies...Relax everyone its hard for any team to reach perfection. Mistakes happen.

Let's move on from Brown and Boquist......Blah! Get one of Steen Topo McMuffin and/or Richard up already! Heinen is also okay with me.

The Ducks are no chumps...they will challenge for wild card.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
The after road trip homecoming hangover was apparent from the get go. The accidental Pasta slap pass on the Coyle goal and the Gibson gift to Gryz glossed it over. And when they went up by two it looked like the Alka Seltzer might be kicking in. But the skates weren't tied tight enough and wound up falling off in the Final Five. OT and shootouts are not where this roster will find comfort, it's more like a shop of horrors. Team D when you only score three is the only remedy.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I can’t even fathom dogging McAvoy.

The gap of talent between him and the next best defenseman is like the gap between points from Wayne Gretzky to Trevor Gillies.

McAvoy 6 points in 7 games, +6

The rest of the defense: 7 points in 35 combined games.
The the gap in salary mirrors the gap.in talent......so he should be that much better than his blueline team mates.
As are most number one 80 million dollar Dmen.
I don't compare him to Gryz and Forbert. I compare him to the other 9 million dollar number one D.
Last years play offs he came up way short.
Having said that he is the best they have by far.
But the future Norris trophy conversations that were going on are fading.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Hajj

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They couldn't clear the damn puck when the Ducks had the extra attacker and the OT was a complete dumpster fire with a lazy DeBrusk play in the neutral zone that sent McTavish into the B's zone and scoring.

Be glad you missed it.

Tomorrow is the day. IMO, he's staying and I am willing to fight Cam to make sure it happens.

No way they are sending him back to junior
They couldn't clear the damn puck when the Ducks had the extra attacker and the OT was a complete dumpster fire with a lazy DeBrusk play in the neutral zone that sent McTavish into the B's zone and scoring.

Be glad you missed it.

Tomorrow is the day. IMO, he's staying and I am willing to fight Cam to make sure it happens.

This shouldn’t even be a question anymore,he’s obviously staying,if he doesn’t to me it would be a telling message that the team doesn’t consider this current team a legitimate contender.

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The after road trip homecoming hangover was apparent from the get go. The accidental Pasta slap pass on the Coyle goal and the Gibson gift to Gryz glossed it over. And when they went up by two it looked like the Alka Seltzer might be kicking in. But the skates weren't tied tight enough and wound up falling off in the Final Five. OT and shootouts are not where this roster will find comfort, it's more like a shop of horrors. Team D when you only score three is the only remedy.
Good post!

Ha ... was that an accidental pass? thought it was perfection passing play.

Reactions: PaulD

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
The bar is low for me with this team this year for sure. That loss was lower than that bar. This is not an overreaction. This is not an overreaction. This is not an overreaction.

• Wow

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Check out the open net Joe Veleno missed against Seattle on Tuesday. Twice as worse as Beecher's.
[/QUOTE]

Good repsonse, if I had stated Beecher missing the open net was the worstest I'd ever seen.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Hope its a while before he sees numbers like that again.
1698415268165.png

Reactions: Gordoff and BBruins

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Three goals a game currently puts the Bruins at 13th in the league.

Its not that bad.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So much blame to go around but I'll start right at the top. WTF did they see in Brown that he was the 1st FA they signed? He's proven, and continues to prove , he has no business in the NHL.

They sent him down to bring him back up WTF was that about?
It seems like recent years they have to fill their quota of having a guy who provides zero offense on the 4th line. Wagner, Foligno, Nosek, and now Brown

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
He’s fine. Lindholm is useless in this current state…well…just a mins eater. Carlo and Gryz are okay. Forbort and Shattenkirk are actually playing above their capabilities, which is a problem.

So…half your D isn’t up to par.

Lindholm coming back to life could make it livable.

Hadn't seen this till now. I had just bumped the Hampus thread.

What is going on with him? Do we think physical or mental or both? That's not the same player who contended most of last year for the Norris. He seems so out of it.

I can't believe he was on for all four goal yesterday. Statistically that's hard to do.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Check out the open net Joe Veleno missed against Seattle on Tuesday. Twice as worse as Beecher's.

Good repsonse, if I had stated Beecher missing the open net was the worstest I'd ever seen.
[/QUOTE]

Well it shows it can happen. Veleno is better than Beecher.

It seems like recent years they have to fill their quota of having a guy who provides zero offense on the 4th line. Wagner, Foligno, Nosek, and now Brown

Foligno scored plenty in that role last year.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
songs the gap in salary......so he shoukd be that much better.
As are most number one 80 million dollar Dmen.
I dint compare him to Gryz and Forbert. I compare him to the other 9 million dollar number one D.
Last years play offs he came up way short.
Having said that he is rhe best they have by far.
But the future Nortis trophy conversations that were going on. NAH

He won't ever win a Norris I agree, but I'll take him over Nurse and though I think he makes $8M over Werenski.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Too be fair, 3 on 3 OT is a gimmic. Whoever wins the faceoff will usually carry the play and will circle the ice and regroup numerous times as the Ducks did
Still would rather see a game decided that way then the Shootout skills comp.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My normal response would be, "If Danton Heinen is the answer, I don't want to know the question."

But . . .

First, he is responsible with the puck, which this team needs a dose of. I'm not a fan of Heinen but I give him full credit for that.

Second, I'd love for Monty to sit JDB and tell him that Danton F---ing Heinen is taking his spot. Maybe that will send a messasge.
At least Danton puts forth effort. He really is a decent player as a bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad