Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - YUCK!!!! Ducks score 3 in final 4 minutes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This team upfront is significantly degraded from last years team. They relied on Swayman (LA) and Ullmark for at least two W. DeBrusk played well in one game thus far and Beecher though ok defensively, looks like he is very much figuring the NHL out offensively and it has nothing to do with the empty net.

The performance of #18 and #13 the next 3 games is going to be very something to watch.

Montgomery will have last change, so it will be interesting how he deploys those two
against Larkin on Detroit, then Barkov and Toronto's Matthews and Tavares. Florida is still missing Ekblad and Montour.

Coyle has played well against Toronto in the past and he and Zacha played well
in games 3\4 against Florida in top 6 roles, though Hall and Bertuzzi drove the O
against them and they aren't here now.

I doubt that happens. They need to recharge.
They need to practice. That is a main area that contributed to them shitting the bed last year. They need to fix the details. They are too sloppy. They also need to practice the PP and faceoffs.

I want Boquist back to Providence along with Brown. Bring up Steen and if they can fit him in, sign Heinen. That makes your 4th line much better.

The sloppy details and laziness in OT piss me off the most from last night. Outside of that, I'm fine with how they played up until the last 5 minutes.

At the end of the day, adversity is a good thing and they will learn from it.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
As the game kept progressing in the third, I kept thinking that the Ducks had had a lot of good looks and with a little puck luck the game could have been tied. Well, they got some deserved puck luck in the last couple of minutes and in OT they flat out just wanted it more. The only time the B's had the puck Debrusk makes a weak a** play and gives it right back to them.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have concern about the shitty ice with it being 80 degrees the next 2 days and the Celtics home opener tonight. They better have their skates sharp because it will be slop.

Also, Detroit has lost 2 in a row so they are going to be looking to right the ship

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1698411040360.jpeg

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bruins continue to show issues with clamping down on teams that attempt a surge. Was their biggest issue with panthers and why we lost game 7 and why game 6 we couldn’t close them out despite continuously getting the lead. The panthers were inordinately good at that, but the bruins need to figure out how to ratchet up the pressure on puck pursuit when teams attempt to do this. They had this issue under Cassidy too and we can’t blame the roster either. It’s a system issue, particularly the defensive system, that is vulnerable to random chance that results from increased tempo and dynamic attack. It’s really steady most of the game but as soon as a team starts to push and become unpredictable, the system shows cracks

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Missed the entire 3rd do i missed the fireworks. What the hell happened.
They couldn't clear the damn puck when the Ducks had the extra attacker and the OT was a complete dumpster fire with a lazy DeBrusk play in the neutral zone that sent McTavish into the B's zone and scoring.

Be glad you missed it.

Tomorrow is the day. IMO, he's staying and I am willing to fight Cam to make sure it happens.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
3 pts in 7GP isn’t good enough from your top line center.
I was excited and quite positive Zacha would do a great job. Very disappointed so far.
Maybe it'll come.

Bergy made a home on the inside of the opposing teams faceoff circle. He scored so many one timers due to everyone knowing he'd be there.

I see a lot of puck handling in the offensive zone by Zacha with little results. Poitras is doing the exact same thing but with results.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
So far this year i have been disappointed in Debrusk. Im not sure he is giving the effort every game.
It's only been 7 games. He's played in 6 of them. And only 1 of those games he looked not great, imo. And that was last night.

He's not who I'm worried about. I'm not actually worried about this team. Just gotta find a chemistry going forward. Mental errors cost them the game last night. Fundamentals were lost.

Just clear the puck, we win. It's simple.

Reactions: Maine Fan

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
It's only been 7 games. He's played in 6 of them. And only 1 of those games he looked not great, imo. And that was last night.

He's not who I'm worried about. I'm not actually worried about this team. Just gotta find a chemistry going forward. Mental errors cost them the game last night. Fundamentals were lost.

Just clear the puck, we win. It's simple.
He needs to be better. Alot better. He is a veteran now. No more pouting. He has the talent to be real good. He doesn’t bring the intensity every game. Its a contract year gor him. I thought id see more

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I want to see Heinen signed today.
My normal response would be, "If Danton Heinen is the answer, I don't want to know the question."

But . . .

First, he is responsible with the puck, which this team needs a dose of. I'm not a fan of Heinen but I give him full credit for that.

Second, I'd love for Monty to sit JDB and tell him that Danton F---ing Heinen is taking his spot. Maybe that will send a messasge.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
boys were sloppy all night and have been sloppy consistently but have been rescued by great goaltending so far. Got burned last night by it, rear view mirror time, get ready for the Wings
Agreed. All joking aside, I think we all knew that this would be a season that had some bumps in it.

I still think it's going to be rocky - and maybe frustrating at times -- but they banked 13 out of 14 points to start the season. A bit of a gift schedule, but you still have to win the games and those points might well make a pretty big difference when all is said and done.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
To me, 6-0-1 is like Monty said, smoke and mirrors. It's been enjoyable, but there are a few key players who are not meeting expectations and really need to be for the team to have season-long success:

McAvoy, Lindholm, Zacha, Coyle, JDB in no particular order. None of them (except Jake maybe) have been awful, but the Bruins need more from that group. In spite of the points, I might put Pasta in that list too- he has appeared worse than usual with the sloppy turnovers.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My normal response would be, "If Danton Heinen is the answer, I don't want to know the question."

But . . .

First, he is responsible with the puck, which this team needs a dose of. I'm not a fan of Heinen but I give him full credit for that.

Second, I'd love for Monty to sit JDB and tell him that Danton F---ing Heinen is taking his spot. Maybe that will send a messasge.
I'm with you 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad